Thread: Leylight shards

15+ Year Old Account

Leylight shards

I need these!!! Anyone have a good way of farming them? Instead of just buying blues of the AH

Bloods? Outside of that I think about your only choice is to run heroics/normals and hope for drops.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apart from using blood of sargeras at the vendor i get heaps doing the daily heroic for AP. Especially recently where it was the legion dungeon event i was getting 2 blues to DE sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I need these!!! Anyone have a good way of farming them? Instead of just buying blues of the AH
    Farm or buy cloth, find a tailor of your liking (ideally one that has all the <810 recipe 3-stars), let him make bracers or belts (I think these are the ones with the least cloth cost) and disenchant them. Don't product the 810 upgradable ones as they cost massive amounts of material.

You even have the chance of them proccing epic when created by the tailor and then another chance to actually get an epic crystal out of them.

I'm sure it works just as fine with leatherworking or even smithing, but especially for the latter, ore might be more expensive than cloth (because you need it for jewelcrafting also).

What Socronoss said. Leatherworking is my prefered option at the moment because I don't have a tailor myself. Blacksmithing is isn't as good because ore tends to be far more expensive than leather/cloth.

Buying Leylight Shards with bloods is very inefficient. It's better to buy whatever material from the trader is selling the highest per blood, and then buy shards with your profits. I only buy something other than Foxflower, Fjarnskaggyl or Starlight Rose when I'm short a few materials and can't be arsed to go buy them on the AH (even if that character has engineering).

Craft any blue items and disenchant them. If they're high enough Ilvl they can disenchant into the purple version of the enchanting mats.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Use your preferred method of gaining money and buy the shards from the AH?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Use your preferred method of gaining money and buy the shards from the AH?
    i like to keep my gold in my bags, thats why i wanted to know ifd there was any way of farming these. i have no problem spending time farming

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't any real way to farm blues. You can run regular or heroic dungeons, but that's a pretty big time investment for only one, maybe two shards if you're lucky. Really, you're best bet is to either craft cheap blues and DE them (Silkweave Bracers only cost 9 cloth to make), or just buy the shards outright. Money is made to be spent after all.