Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    An immigration violation is all it takes to robe you of any empathy?

- - - Updated - - -

No one is talking about ignoring laws dude. Please keep up.
    You are complaining that the law is being enforced, so obviously you do not want it enforced, thus you want it ignored.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    blah blah blah......some random sob story....blah blah

Dsnt mean jack shit. Illegal immigrants are illegal.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Served two enlistments in the US Navy, and its not like its a hard test to pass.
    Well that explains your smug superiority, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Let me know when the US starts punishing people for tax evasion.

And most of them would be ineligible for income tax anyway due to their low pay levels.

Ask Wesley Snipes about tax evasion (it was even a clever joke in Expendables 3), the IRS cracks down on the stuff all the time. Its just that the definition of tax evasion in most people's minds has changed as the left continues to attack people for taking advantage of tax breaks that they often started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    blah blah blah......some random sob story....blah blah

Dsnt mean jack shit. Illegal immigrants are illegal.
    Yep, no empathy.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

they are illegal immirgants.....who gives a shit what happens to them
    This is a destructive point of view. You can stand strong for what is right without losing your compassion or humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had to past a test for the right to vote.

What have you done besides bitch?
    I mean you're just as smug, with a hint of name-calling to round it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    This is a destructive point of view. You can stand strong for what is right without losing your compassion or humanity.
    What on earth makes you think moronic immigration policy is 'what is right'?

Illegal immigration is only an issue -because- of border controls with Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven French View Post
    She's an identity thief, shes an illegal, she cheats and steals from the system, and we're expected to give her a free pass because she isn't a violent felon? I'd rather not, I happen to think removing this illegal thieving cheat is a benefit to society.
    She stole an ID to be able to support herself and her family in a country she was brought into as a child. This isn't stealing a loaf of bread to feed your starving family, but its not far from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You are complaining that the law is being enforced, so obviously you do not want it enforced, thus you want it ignored.
    I'm complaining that its being enforce rather than changed, yes, because I don't worship the law for its own sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I mean you're just as smug, with a hint of name-calling to round it out.
    I'm evil coastal liberal elite, being smug and contemptuous is what I'm supposed to do.

But being naturalised means I cannot have an opinion about the stupidity of US immigration policy, apparently. Despite the fact that for most anti-immigration people, their closest contact with a violent Mexican is a heavily spiced Chipotle bowl.

- - - Updated - - -
    Well when you start making immigration decisions because you feel bad for people there really isn't a limit to what it'll cost you. On top of that the previous poster is clearly talking in hyperbole, its clearly not an absolutism, but if you're allowing for law-breaking behavior because of empathy you're really not going to end up in a nice spot if you believe in any sort of law. It creates a moral hazard where people will use their loved ones as human shields from enforcement.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, no empathy.
    what does it matter.

The whole 'illegal' tag isn't something you can take off at your own choosing.
    An illegal immigrant is illegal. How or why dsnt change that
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    what does it matter.

Jaywalking is also illegal, but well adjusted humans usually feel bad for pedestrians being struck by traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Well when you start making immigration decisions because you feel bad for people there really isn't a limit to what it'll cost you. On top of that the previous poster is clearly talking in hyperbole, its clearly not an absolutism, but if you're allowing for law-breaking behavior because of empathy you're really not going to end up in a nice spot if you believe in any sort of law. It creates a moral hazard where people will use their loved ones as human shields from enforcement.
    I"m arguing for making immigration decisions based on what actually improves society. Deporting people like the woman in question does not. When laws don't help society they should be changed.

What on earth makes you think moronic immigration policy is 'what is right'?

Illegal immigration is only an issue -because- of border controls with Mexico.
    The United States has immigration law that, while not perfect, exists much the same as every other country in the world. Every country in the world has borders, and they have immigration laws. United States immigration law, in my judgement, should be followed. We're not talking about telling a lie to a Nazi at the door looking for Jewish refugees moral conundrum here. It is reasonable and lawful to enforce our immigration policy.

what does it matter.

You confuse "immigration violation" with "is less of a human". If a crime that minor is enough for you to shed all human empathy you really were only waiting for an excuse to do so in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of my family came here legally, I have no sympathy for those here that did not follow the rules to be here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaywalking is also illegal, but well adjusted humans usually feel bad for pedestrians being struck by traffic.
    It's not hard to find a damn crosswalk..... and don't wear dark colors at night if your going to cross a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, no empathy.
    Oh no, some person on mmochampion doesnt care about some mexican lady. Whatever shall you do didactic and wells? Post another 30k times and hope people care about your flawed opinions some more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    The United States has immigration law that , while not perfect, exists much the same as every other country in the world. Every country in the world has borders, and they have immigration laws. United States immigration law, in my judgement, should be followed. We're not talking about telling a lie to a Nazi at the door looking for Jewish refugees moral conundrum here. It is reasonable and lawful to enforce our immigration policy.
    It's inhumane and serves no purpose besides giving working class schlubs something to bitch about when their refusal to reskill results in unemployment.

Nor does what other countries do redeem the US' policies.