10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    But I guess Blair Walsh has been helping the Seahawks win games for a while now.
    Ha.

I suspect he's just there as insurance and rolemodel. Insurance if Haushka walks, rolemodel fro whoever they bring in to compete with Walsh (likely young kicker).

There's still the chance that they'll work out a deal, depending on what the market is for Haushka though.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I guess Blair Walsh has been helping the Seahawks win games for a while now.
    Careful, that's Jeff Fisher employment logic!

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I will spend my off time trolling https://www.twitch.tv/lump.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    That 6-6 tie is a historical game for all the wrong reasons.
    That did lead to "That's impossible!" with all the incredulity of everyone who was watching, which quickly became my second favorite call of the year behind drunk guy running on the field. So thinking back, I actually sort of enjoyed what they game ended up becoming. It was the perfect opposite of a back and forth battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    That did lead to "That's impossible!" with all the incredulity of everyone who was watching, which quickly became my second favorite call of the year behind drunk guy running on the field. So thinking back, I actually sort of enjoyed what they game ended up becoming. It was the perfect opposite of a back and forth battle.

Also led to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hmm, well if that's true then maybe a change of scenery will help him. It would certainly make sense for the Seahawks if they feel they have tried everything to correct his issues with coaching and he's had 2 down years.

Probably means we are in for more kicker catastrophies next year though. And I already hated the kicking this season. =/
    Wasn't the kicking meant to be supposedly good this year. So I heard some commentators says. In general anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Wasn't the kicking meant to be supposedly good this year. So I heard some commentators says. In general anyway.
    Maybe in field goals, but the extra points were the worst year the league has ever had, at least by mid season it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Maybe in field goals, but the extra points were the worst year the league has ever had, at least by mid season it was.
    One late season game Sunday had a record 11 missed XP, so I doubt it got any better after mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    One late season game Sunday had a record 11 missed XP, so I doubt it got any better after mid season.
    12 missed XP*

10+ Year Old Account
    Jack Del Rio signed to a 4 year contract.

Nothing needs to be added to this really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    12 missed XP*
    Apparantly it got so bad, even xskarma missed one!

10+ Year Old Account
    12 missed XP*
    That's pretty legit, legit meaning absolutely awful. Jeez lousie misinformation/misheard and ignorance played a part on me there!

Forgive me for being late to the party, but Blair Walsch going to Seahawks! I find that funny. Will he now miss a Fg and give the vikings a win? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    That's pretty legit, legit meaning absolutely awful. Jeez lousie misinformation/misheard and ignorance played a part on me there!

Forgive me for being late to the party, but Blair Walsch going to Seahawks! I find that funny. Will he now miss a Fg and give the vikings a win? xD
    Would have to happen in the post season. Unless Minnesota fixes it O-line that's not exactly realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

12 missed XP*
    And yeah, I looked it up, apparently the record was broken with 11, but another one was missed after that. Remarkable.

Also led to that.
    That’s pretty fantastic, honestly both his and Bruce Arians (Plus a few players like Peterson) reactions to the misses were pretty great. That whole sequence still feels so ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    That’s pretty fantastic, honestly both his and Bruce Arians (Plus a few players like Peterson) reactions to the misses were pretty great. That whole sequence still feels so ridiculous.
    It was like the anti-Superbowl. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, and it was the most disappointing game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Let's be fair. The Super Bowl had declining viewership and was pretty boring for 80+% of the game. It wasn't exactly the high point of the season.
    Can't comment on the game itself because I did not watch it, but TV viewership for most things in general has been constantly declining for a while for reasons that don't have anything to do with the content itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Can't comment on the game itself because I did not watch it, but TV viewership for most things in general has been constantly declining for a while for reasons that don't have anything to do with the content itself.
    People are cutting cable, and without any real streaming alternative ratings will continue to dip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be fair. The Super Bowl had declining viewership and was pretty boring for 80+% of the game. It wasn't exactly the high point of the season.
    Which begs the question, which was the best (or top 3) games according to you (and anyone else) this season?

To me Superbowl was easily top 3 this year. Will think on what games I remember and how I'd rank them. Packers-Cowboys Divisional Round should be in that top 3 too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Bowl has only had declining ratings 3 times in the last decade. The past 2 games and 2013.
    48 is the 2nd most viewed super bowl with 49 being the most by a large margin. Matchups and markets matter.

My top 3 games of the season:
    1. Chiefs@Broncos
    2. Seahawks@Patriots
    3. Titans@Lions

Honorable mentions: Raiders@Saints, Ravens@Steelers, Cowboys@Steelers, Super Bowl
    Last edited by Skayaq; 2017-02-11 at 10:48 PM.