Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help for the Girlfriend

Hello, I am looking for some help. My girlfriend is an Arcane mage but her output is not where we want it, or where it should be. As a druid healer, Im not sure where to help her. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Here is her armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/Khalenyu/simple

Here are logs from our last few raid nights: /NbRz943Vyrt2Bnkg/
    /w8LjTdzWGXqCPgJB/
    Last edited by Victos; 2017-02-06 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    Yes you can. Just add some spaces here and there to the url.

like www mmo-champion com /forums/stuff

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=37&fight=28

Quick and dirty answer:

One pot used /2

Lots of primastic barrier which may be a waste of GCD

Trinket are meh, but it's a quite hard part to analyze (haste is undervalued in sim)

Otherwise she is doing decent in most of the fight in regards to her ilvl. She need to gear up, mostly.

Deleted
    looks like a lot of suboptimal talent use....
    whether plan the talent use better like charged up on cd, and use PoM during AP, not before, or use it on cd..... I use it only during AP.

Easiest way in my opinion: take more passive talents. Incanters flow instead of rune and resonance instead of charged up. those talents yield good results too and make the mage overall easier to play

Deleted
    First and most important - she has Kilt. This mean Mastery is now her worst stat. You have to do download SimC and see how her stats weight goes.
    Then... with all my respect to Mr. LI2Atronach... is giving bad advice. Yes it the easy choice for newb, but if you want your girl to improve, she should do that in a proper way.
    For single target the most optimal tallent build is 2-2-2-2-1-3-1 for the following reasons:
    - RoP+AP stacking is very powerful for arcane mage, yet again you are very dependable to not get interrupted during the 20 seconds of burn
    - Charged Up synchronize very well with Kilt effect
    For multi target the talents goes 2-2-2-3-1-3-3 - if more than 3 targets Resonance is becoming very powerful especially in combination with Arcane Orb.
    Also that choice is the way to go for M+, because there all it matter is the damage on the trash mobs than on boss.

Regarding the gear - it ias actualy very good, just as mentioned above trinkets need to be changed - good ones are the trinket from Chronomatic Anomaly and trinket from Gul'Dan from NH(so i advice to use bonus rolls until she get it). Also another good choice is Chrono shard from Arcway, Trinket from Shade of Aran in Karazan

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Trinket from Shade of Aran in Karazan
    Disagree on this point, Aran's Ruby is now dead for ST unless using ONLY for M+
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Dont listen to Noxxic. Ever.

nope. nope. nope. nope. never, ever listen to noxxic. try IcyVeins at least, but your best bet as far as any guides/resources is the mage discord channel or alteredtime.com

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

Should be an infractable offence to link Noxxic in a performance review thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Demindar View Post
    Dont listen to Noxxic. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    nope. nope. nope. nope. never, ever listen to noxxic. try IcyVeins at least, but your best bet as far as any guides/resources is the mage discord channel or alteredtime.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Should be an infractable offence to link Noxxic in a performance review thread.
    It's good enough for a girlfriend.

what, if you want your girlfriend to be terrible? lol

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    what, if you want your girlfriend to be terrible? lol
    You gotta be the dominant one ya know.

OT: Don't use noxxic.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

First and most important - she has Kilt. This mean Mastery is now her worst stat.
    This is false. Stop spreading misinformation.

Deleted
    I like that Noxxic is becoming a meme now. feels so gud

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    This is false. Stop spreading misinformation.
    Give us proof then if its false. I use kilt and shard and every time i sim my mage, at 893 ilvl with 2p set bonus, mastery is below the second to last stats by 3 points.
    At the moment my weights according SimC goes as follow: Int=11.35, haste= 10.25, versa=9.97, crit=9.65, mastery=6.36.
    I bet if i equip and the bracers mastery will fall even further below.

Not playing a mage I have no idea about the quality of the guide, but when I look at the Assassination guide and Noxxic tells me on one page I should talent into Agonizing Poison and on the next page to use Deadly Poison on my weapon then no, it's not good enough for anyone. And that's only the most obvious flaw in the rogue guide.

Deleted
    Give us proof then if its false. I use kilt and shard and every time i sim my mage, at 893 ilvl with 2p set bonus, mastery is below the second to last stats by 3 points.
    At the moment my weights according SimC goes as follow: Int=11.35, haste= 10.25, versa=9.97, crit=9.65, mastery=6.36.
    I bet if i equip and the bracers mastery will fall even further below.
    This is exactly why you are wrong. SimC is always right, on every fight and all situations ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victos View Post
    Hello, I am looking for some help. My girlfriend is an Arcane mage but her output is not where we want it, or where it should be. As a druid healer, Im not sure where to help her. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Here is her armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/Khalenyu/simple

Here are logs from our last few raid nights: /NbRz943Vyrt2Bnkg/
    /w8LjTdzWGXqCPgJB/
    Have you considered the fact she's female? It might be better for you to stop doing things for her. If she's actually interested in performing well, she can look the stuff up herself. Sounds like she just wants loot and you're being used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Have you considered the fact she's female? It might be better for you to stop doing things for her. If she's actually interested in performing well, she can look the stuff up herself. Sounds like she just wants loot and you're being used.
    EXACTLY my thought. she's abusing and will dump you as soon as she gets decent loot and/or pulls better numbers.