Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What tax-payer benefits are they getting that you want to take away?
    Let's see walking on our sidewalks for starters. Going to our parks. Using our emergency services. Using our police, border patrol, immigration, etc. Just them being here is benefiting from tax payer dollars in so many ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Let's see walking on our sidewalks for starters. Going to our parks. Using our emergency services. Using our police, border patrol, immigration, etc. Just them being here is benefiting from tax payer dollars in so many ways.
    In the 1930-1940s there was this guy in Germany who made laws on Jews using public infrastructure like parks, side walks, ...
    If we do not learn from history we are doomed to repeat it.
    Last edited by mmoc419a7752f2; 2017-02-11 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Nah, I accept soldiers for what they are. I'm just saying they're not to be held on a pedestal at all. In fact, it's dirty work and the people who engage in it aren't good because of it.
    If there weren't soldiers ensuring you retain your freedom to make that statement, you would have to try to retain your own freedom to make that statement.

No, not all soldiers ensure that you retain your freedom to make that statement.

Doesn't erase from existence those that do, however.

If this makes them good or not is your own personal call.

Just remember, if you treat them like crap, they might just stop trying to help ya out.

But they will still be a soldier and you won't be.

That's all I have to say about that. ^_^
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-11 at 11:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Almost all the countries in Europe the US looks at peculiarly for accepting refugees and tons of immigrants have no unconditional jus soli; some have conditional upon one parent having the nationality and some have always had jus sanguinis (like all the scandinavian nations).

Jus soli is yet another example of American Exceptionalism . . .

A question; what would happen to the 14th Amendment if you took it to a referendum?
    France does not have it, indeed, but those kids are taken care of regardless (school, healthcare). And it is very easy after going through school to get them the citizenship at 13y old. Being a citizen or not from birth is simply a detail for that child, so I don't really see a huge difference here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Spoken like someone who never served. But hey, it's easy to be edgy from the comfort of an armchair. Sure, every serviceman or servicewoman is just a hired thug looking for blood. It's not like 80% of the US military have non-combat roles, or that the overwhelming majority of us served with honor, distinction, and courage, actively laying down our lives and well being to defend others. We've taken bullets for mothers and children, we've sweated and gone without food in 120 degree heat to help build and secure a new hospital for a town that never had one, and yes, when necessary, we've put lead through monstrous people whose only desire is to murder, rape, and sow chaos in the name of sectarian jihadism.

I won't be shedding any tears over killing someone who intended to blow up a marketplace full of innocents. I won't apologize for defending the lives of my brothers, the civilians around me, and the future they hoped to build. You can argue day and night against the governments that use militaries, the goals that motivate said governments, and the tragic mistakes committed due to bad leadership and fog of war. But what you cannot argue is that military servicepeople are, by and large, among the most selfless, dedicated, and fearless group of people you will ever meet, who unlike the majority of shitposters on this forum had the courage to step out from behind their monitors and put their lives on the line to defend their values.
    Spoken as someone who never trained to kill people on government whim, indeed.

Almost nothing your army has done since WW2 was in any way for safety, just for more profit and more world power. You're delusional if you think you took bullets for the safety of anyone. You took bullets so your country could rule and exploit the world further.

You know these Jihadis you fight? They're a product of your government (and army!) shitting on the middle east in proxy wars with russia. You caused this. You didn't save anyone from it, the US is responsible for it.

Now get off your high horse, will you.

I can accept that most servicepeople didn't know that, but that makes them unassuming tools, and that's not much better then malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Welcome to every soldier in every nation in every time period. Now, please find a country that didn't fight for it's land, or fight on any other land at any point since you're so against what soldiers do and have done and make arrangements to immigrate there as soon as possible. otherwise you're a hypocrite and must leave the thread. Thank you.
    I just want to point out, using your own logic...

We immigrated here 'illegally' largely from England. So... You know... You should be pro-illegal immigration otherwise you're a hypocrite and must leave the thread. (CWUTIDIDTHAR?!? ICIT.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Please explain how they "vote against the interests of everyone here", and also please explain how "everyone here" shares the exact same interests. Go ahead, I'll wait champ!
    Well its simple. If you have 1 vote, and everyone else who is a citizen gets 1 vote, and a group of those people actively votes in a manner that brings in more people that will have their own vote, its against everyone's interest.

Although "everyone here" is clearly hyperbole", but I've still managed to create a definition that works.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't all Americans illegal "aliens" at one point or other? Your great great grandparents could have been illegals....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Weren't all Americans illegal "aliens" at one point or other? Your great great grandparents could have been illegals....
    They generally weren't illegal because their citizenship was approved by the US and they then entered the country. Unless you have some sort of study showing the previous "plague" of illegal immigrants coming to the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!
    This pretty much sums it up; Anyone who is indigenous from the top of Canada, to the tip of Chilé, is a Native American and thus cannot be "illegals" to these two continents.
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    They generally weren't illegal because their citizenship was approved by the US and they then entered the country. Unless you have some sort of study showing the previous "plague" of illegal immigrants coming to the US.
    No, but I can tell you about the plague that's happening in the EU.....

15+ Year Old Account
    You're joking right? 1492.
    There's my sig.

Has their citizenship been approved by the native americans? Because they're really the only ones in a position to do that, everyone else is just an illegal immigrant of one way or another.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but I can tell you about the plague that's happening in the EU.....

Refugees happen when prosperous countries bomb another country, for political reasons or "other reasons", and the innocent are caught in-between this.
    It isn't their fault, blame the country who's bombing the country refugees are coming out of.
    There's my sig.

Can I do a flock of seagulls?
    Best hair ever

I think we can all agree that it's time the American taxpayer stops subsidizing the lifestyle of these illegal immigrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Welfare mothers? Are we doing the 80s again? Can I do a flock of seagulls?
    Good ol' Wells. Sticking his head in the sand for the 1,000th time today.

Anchor babies shouldn't be a thing, you should have to be born here to two people that are in the country legally. So two people here legally on vacation have a baby... Dual Citizenship. Two people immigrate here legally but are not themselves citizens... Dual Citizenship. Two people tunnel under the Trump wall and have a baby.... No citizenship.

Deleted
    The fact that americans are so incredibly easily manipulated would be hilarious if it wasn't so horrifying and sad. Rich people virtually sucking the life out of the bottom 50% (or more) of the american people, and somehow you think illegal immigrants are the issue. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    "We" didn't as I already stated, good try. Now leave.
    So you are descendants of anchor babies?