Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Convergence of Fates for Arms?

Hi!
    I've got a nice titanforged CoF Trinket today. And i wonderd why is it so bad for Arms? Did someone try the trinket for Arms? Is BC so much faster off the CD than without? ...

10+ Year Old Account
    It roughly has 3 ppm so that is 15 sec off of battle cry. Since BC s CD is roughly 30 secs with anger management it takes a good amount of time off the CD.

Fury scales. Much better though

Shouldn't this trinket have a good symbiosis with the 4-set bonus? And paired with Drought of Souls, should almost guarantee for Battle Cry being ready. I cannot decide between Convergence or the Appendages really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptas View Post
    Shouldn't this trinket have a good symbiosis with the 4-set bonus? And paired with Drought of Souls, should almost guarantee for Battle Cry being ready. I cannot decide between Convergence or the Appendages really.
    lmao appendages is trash fam

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    lmao appendages is trash fam
    It's better than Convergence.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's better than Convergence.
    If the difference is not that great I'd use it anyway cause of the QoL it offers since it smoothes out the game play

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    If the difference is not that great I'd use it anyway cause of the QoL it offers since it smoothes out the game play
    Well the problem is that you're probably only knocking 5 seconds off each BC on average (from my PTR testing), I can't confirm on live as I don't have it. The trinket doesn't really sim that well either though so it's not just anecdotal "feelycrafting" PTR evidence, it's one of the weaker trinkets at comparable ilvl on sims. I use Draught + Arcanocrystal as I also don't like the RNG nature of Appendages (since it got changed), but Convergence is RNG in nature too and situation depending you might not even benefit from an extra battle cry during the fight with it, occasionally you may also be holding battle cry for an add spawn or similar, negating the benefit.

And for me at least having a BC consistently under 30s would be a mild annoyance as it would mean I'd have to drop my Karazhan ring out occasionally. During Bloodlust you always get a BC below 30s, which means if you don't delay that ring use it will hit 2 stacks. Now the chances of triggering the 5min CD at 2 stacks is very low, and if you delay the ring to later in the BC cast you can avoid it entirely. Of course what happens is that on the 3rd use of BC the ring is now behind (by however many seconds you delayed it during the previous BC), so delaying it may still not be enough to avoid a stack.

So if you have BC constantly under 30s you will have to drop a ring use roughly every 3rd BC to avoid stacks, so the trinket indirectly is a small dps loss and a gameplay annoyance when using this ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well the problem is that you're probably only knocking 5 seconds off each BC on average (from my PTR testing), I can't confirm on live as I don't have it. The trinket doesn't really sim that well either though so it's not just anecdotal "feelycrafting" PTR evidence, it's one of the weaker trinkets at comparable ilvl on sims. I use Draught + Arcanocrystal as I also don't like the RNG nature of Appendages (since it got changed), but Convergence is RNG in nature too and situation depending you might not even benefit from an extra battle cry during the fight with it, occasionally you may also be holding battle cry for an add spawn or similar, negating the benefit.

And for me at least having a BC consistently under 30s would be a mild annoyance as it would mean I'd have to drop my Karazhan ring out occasionally. During Bloodlust you always get a BC below 30s, which means if you don't delay that ring use it will hit 2 stacks. Now the chances of triggering the 5min CD at 2 stacks is very low, and if you delay the ring to later in the BC cast you can avoid it entirely. Of course what happens is that on the 3rd use of BC the ring is now behind (by however many seconds you delayed it during the previous BC), so delaying it may still not be enough to avoid a stack.

So if you have BC constantly under 30s you will have to drop a ring use roughly every 3rd BC to avoid stacks, so the trinket indirectly is a small dps loss and a gameplay annoyance when using this ring.
    When you actually get a convergence and see your BC resetting while your Avatar still has 10+ secs left on it please come back again and tell me it's better ... I'll be waiting lol. While I don't play arms because it's the inferior spec right now trying to weigh an additional ring use lined up in BC vs getting 2-3+ more battle crys during a fight seems absolutely ridiculous imo.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2017-02-11 at 02:12 PM.

Made by dubbelbasse

15+ Year Old Account
    When you actually get a convergence and see your BC resetting while your Avatar still has 10+ secs left on it please come back again and tell me it's better ... I'll be waiting lol. While I don't play arms because it's the inferior spec right now trying to weigh an additional ring use lined up in BC vs getting 2-3+ more battle crys during a fight seems absolutely ridiculous imo.
    No, there are better trinkets than CoF

Below is a list of trinkets at ilevel 900, and ofc the lego trinket is 940.

Really not sure what you're trying to say here because your first sentence is actually supporting Convergence being bad, and then you're trying to say that it's good in your second? We have simcraft to tell us that Convergence isn't very good for Arms, I was just pointing out that it's also annoying and creates mild gameplay issues that indirectly create a dps loss.

Nobody is saying the trinket is specifically bad, it isn't.. It's just not particularly spectacular either, situationally I'm sure it can be just as good as it can be bad, but I won't be rolling on it over classes who benefit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree though that more BCs is better than a minor dps increase via a ring use.
    Changing a promising mechanic because of a 850 ring just because it ccan't be macroed anymore is just bad.

I think what he was trying to say was that you could squeeze in another BC if avatar has 10 seconds left.

i am not sure CoF is valued correctly, i often find myself ragestarved/without proccs 8-12 secs before battle cry is about to be ready again.

"usually i can maintain a decent rotation throughout the first 10 seconds after BC ends due to a very high rage pool. once i am not having the opportunity to fish for proccs with Fr or slam anymore the real starvation begins. i wonder if that is the timespan provided by CoF that could fix that.

anyone around that has drought/4pc and has actually playtested CoF?

p.s. i'm equipped with gloves/ring/4pc/drought"

i've posted this in the arms thread, now i just saw this thread in here. my 2 cents on the topic.
    i'm not sold on any trinket (other than drought ofc) apart from a 900+ terrorbound nexus. i'm pretty postitive CoF is a very solid choice since 5k dps difference on the top trinkets that are realistically farmable is not a big deal anyway

Thx for your replies and all the suggestions! I tested the trinket as fury and its really good. But now i guess something too: CoF sims that "bad" because the allmighty stat Mastery is missing on it..not the proccs seem to be the difference in my opinion...so the question on should be if the effect of Co could be better than the mastery loss?!

Deleted
    As Fury it's basically best in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangatira View Post
    Thx for your replies and all the suggestions! I tested the trinket as fury and its really good. But now i guess something too: CoF sims that "bad" because the allmighty stat Mastery is missing on it..not the proccs seem to be the difference in my opinion...so the question on should be if the effect of Co could be better than the mastery loss?!
    gut says yes, numbers say no. time will tell, but since the difference is very small if you have comparable ilvl trinkets, go with CoF if you feel better with it. (i'll prolly do the same and i am usually getting 99% percentiles on most fights as soon as i have competitive gear)

Deleted
    I got an 880 warforged CoF on day 1 from my weekly timewalking chest, so I've been running it for a long time now, along with Appendages 4set bonus. Here's a few pointers I've experienced:

- It VERY rarely procs more than 2 times per BC rotation. Often it only procs once.

- Very often it procs during the last 5-10 seconds, causing a frustrating stagger where MS or CS is on cooldown, potentially wasting another proc. And you have no way of preparing for this as the proc is random.

+ Rage starvation happens more rarely. I fairly often have to spam FR + Slam constantly to deplete my rage bar before the next BC is ready. And that's without lego gloves or ring.

+ It often helps lining BC up with Avatar a bit better.

+ You can be a bit more frivolous with popping BC on non-boss encounters (trash and whatnot) and not worry so much about BC not being ready for boss pull. Mostly applies to dungeons.
    Last edited by mmoced60847fb0; 2017-02-12 at 10:32 PM.

Got a 895 CoF. Was currently using a 865 Terrorbound Nexus with a socket and a 875 Urn Str/Mastery. Sims only a slight upgrade Urn, but about a 4k increase when swapping out Nexus. Very awkward Trinket to have though since you don't notice how much quicker your CD is.

It's likely worse on non Tyrannical or Raid bosses also since fights don't last as long.
    Last edited by Matthias; 2017-02-18 at 08:15 PM.

from my xperience it gives you a better cd sync with avatar / draught of souls kombi. Its pretty hard to sync it all up for those big moments, and dos makes this easier. Especially the 3rd. avatar / dos kombi is very awkward with my bc timing. (i dont think delaying bc more than 10 seconds is worth it, so i ended up delaying the trinket way more than i probably should without , or woud use dos without bc). Thats probably specific to the legendaries you got, but for me convergence made it all work.

Deleted
    I've got an 860 Convergence of Fates, is it better than my 870 trinket? Even though I'd lose 139 STR.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...immrace/simple

Convergence of Fates
    Raid Finder
    Item Level 860+
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +1,421 Strength
    Prismatic socket
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to reduce the remaining cooldown on one of your powerful abilities by 5 sec.

I got the 920 Claw and I find that to be really good DPS on ST. I use Kil'J for multi-target (consistent targets).