Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I have to admit, as a third party I really don't understand why more african americans aren't offended by the constant assumption that they just aren't capable of conforming to society.
    Because sadly historically they never have? It wasn't like either political party wasn't betting on a sure thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rape someone? A couple months in prison, because hey, why ruin your life?

Voter fraud? YOU MONSTER!!! YOU GO AWAY FOR YEARS!!!

WTF is going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Nice work keeping that ridiculous incarceration capita up.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I have to admit, as a third party I really don't understand why more african americans aren't offended by the constant assumption that they just aren't capable of conforming to society.
    It's not because people don't think that they can't go get an id on their own it's the fact that a lot of the voter id laws specifically make it harder for them to get id laws like this one from North Carolina. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...902-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I wonder how many people will knee-jerk respond to this about the necessity of "poll IDs" (meant to disenfranchise liberal voters) without reading that the woman voted in the republican primaries.
    assuming liberal voters don't have IDs lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    8 years sounds extreme, but reading through the article there is no fucking way she "didn't know."
    She's been in the country since she was a child, voted four times previous to this, and "didn't know"?
    Bull shit. Still, eight years is a long time for a non-violent crime, even if it's fraud.
    There's a reason why fraud sentences you to so many years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Rape someone? A couple months in prison, because hey, why ruin your life?

Voter fraud? YOU MONSTER!!! YOU GO AWAY FOR YEARS!!!

WTF is going on?
    While rape should certainly give a lot more, fraud on the other hand affects way more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskaron View Post
    She voted 5 times, so ban her for the next 4 from voting, via required id or so. Alternatively put her in jail for the next 4 votingperiods.
    8 Years seems too much anyways. It was only for primaries.
    She's already "banned" from voting.

Rosa Maria Ortega was arrested in 2015. She is a legal U.S. resident, but is not a citizen and therefore, not qualified to vote.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

But hey, wait!

The Dems and the press assured me there was no voter fraud.

In fact, they openly mocked Trump for claiming there was.

Did they lie to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    But hey, wait!

The Dems and the press assured me there was no voter fraud.

In fact, they openly mocked Trump for claiming there was.

Did they lie to me?
    No... they said that Voter Fraud that could be stopped with Voter ID was insignificant.

This woman had voter ID...she still committed Voter Fraud.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

She may be able to get a lawyer to argue a violation of her 8th amendment rights. Outside of that. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    No... they said that Voter Fraud that could be stopped with Voter ID was insignificant.

This woman had voter ID...she still committed Voter Fraud.
    The Dems and their good ole' Hollywood buddies mocked Trump for claiming there was voter fraud. Trump claimed general fraud; he never specified if it was with ID's or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    She may be able to get a lawyer to argue a violation of her 8th amendment rights. Outside of that. /shrug
    I am sure the ACLU will back her up somehow, they always do.....

The Dems and their good ole' Hollywood buddies mocked Trump for claiming there was voter fraud. Trump claimed general fraud; he never specified if it was with ID's or not.
    They mocked him for claiming voter fraud was why he lost the popular vote.

This woman didn't even vote in the general election...she voted in the primaries. The Republican Primaries. In 2014.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-02-11 at 06:12 PM.

This woman didn't even vote in the general election...she voted in the primaries. The Republican Primaries. In 2014.
    They mocked his claim of fraud in total. They didn't say "yeah, there was some fraud- but it wasn't enough for him to win." They mocked the whole claim. I am looking at the quotes now, I don't see that anywhere.

Yeah there is also him saying that if he loses it's only because of voter fraud.

They mocked his claim of fraud in total. They didn't say "yeah, there was some fraud- but it wasn't enough for him to win." They mocked the whole claim. I am looking at the quotes now, I don't see that anywhere.
    Trump claimed he lost the popular vote due to 3-5 million illegal voters voting against him. Democrats mocked this claim.

Again, this woman...did not vote in the General Election...she was arrested in 2015. And she was a Republican Voter.

This is not the smoking gun you are looking for.

8 years is too long. Punishment should fit the crime, and that just doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republican, imagine that
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

8 years is overboard IMO. A super hefty fine would get the point across more effectively, the punishment is meant to be used for rehabilitation...8 years for something like this is a little ridiculous. But if that's what the law says, I guess she's screwed, I just don't think the punishment makes sense for the crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Somehow this isn't a problem anywhere outside US, even India where people live for 1$ per day.
    Probably because they don't have a political party dedicating themselves to making it a problem.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

thats what happens when you vote republican. they will screw you over as hard as they can.