Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzgu View Post
    For a second trinket I really have no clue, recently I've dropped chaos talisman 895 from a weekly chest and it's very good, can consider myself.lucky I guess what cannot be said about my legendaries (ring and unholy ring / shoulders).
    I would think running CoF along with Horn of Valor (lines up with use of BoS) would be an amazing set up.

I also agree about Mastery > Vers, as I believe the amount of Vers needed to increase overall damage is higher than the required amount of Mastery. But I could be wrong.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Scyn View Post
    Hello @Muzgu
    I'm running with 26%Crit / 21% haste / 30% Mastery and 7% versa. 901 Ilvl.

In the global idear i agree with you, but, statweight can change a lot from 1 player to another.
    * I think we should aim for 20% haste, but for my personal "taste" 21-23" is what i want.
    * 25-30% Crit is wanted for the reason you pointed, but 30% is not mandatory. It depend on trinket, rotation, ecounter etc. For example, i run the Neck enchant Claw and a momento. Si i have a 28-42% crit in fight. (regulary but not 100% uptime ofc)

Mastery is better than Versa by a bit for a pur DPS purpose, but i really like Versa in terme of bonus mitigation. It's not insane but with my 3.6% damage reduction i feel more safe than most of people in MM+
    (see that mariner in MoS+19, everyone die exept me&tank (thx ams and DS)

For Legendary point :
    Helm + Wirst should be the best for short écounter, for longer one Belt would be better than the Wirst. And for pur ST fix ecounter (Krosus) you should be really good with the Lego'Ring (for an extra long, maybe perma, BoS)

I have the Legs, most of the time it didn't worst to switch on them even for 1 pack trash in MM+ (remember, i'm doing only 11 and above)
    At this lvl, monster are not killed by 1 SF, and for the reste of the fight you are without a BIS (Wirst / Helmet), and if the tank keep going pulling trash after trash, you can't swap again. But, the main purpose of this Pant is the extra freez for a short duration. AoE kick is allways good in MM+.

For SimC :
    * Have read here that the SimC wasen't so bad, i don't really know how to check that.
    For Trinkets :
    * The Horn from HoV should be what your AIM for, with CoF making HrW faster (around 2/2'20) you should be able to do a big huge burst every 2mn around, and that Horn's CD is 2 min.
    * From my personel point of vue : Momento is a strong option, i love it. Eye of command should be really good too but i don't have. Hunger is fancy, flat stat are fiable and this speed buff when you kill something is allways good. I don't really like Foci but loggs show that proced enough to be good as Momento. Urn or any Chain should be really good too. You should look what you need (stat/proc etc) and put your best Ilvl in that slot. Done.
    For T19 slot :
    * i choose Chest Legs and shoulders ofc, then i picked the Cloak, because of 900ilvl gloves. Everyone should keep every part, switch them with what you got for that stats balance. The helm is the only part we wont aim if we have the Lego one.
    (i need it for my blood stuff tho,need 2/2 arca/cos 900ilvl +4/4T19. dunno if stats should be good (will need more hast i think) but it's an other issue for me )
    Make sure you check out my updated video, I go over pretty much all of the things you just talked about here. Thanks for your input I pretty much agree with everything you said here except the stat section, I found that STR> everything to be the case for BoS, so you just want to go for a balance of secondaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper27 View Post
    I found that STR> everything to be the case for BoS, so you just want to go for a balance of secondaries.
    I haven't talked about STR because it's obvious that is our best stat.
    (even if in SimC right now i can found (690K DPS) : STR(1) - Mastery(0.86) - haste(0.84) - Crit(0.81) - Versa(0.75) )
    Not a big différence. (from SimC)

In my particular case, i would like droop a bit Versa for a bit more Crit. (around 28/30% as we say)
    In the best world, both ring from Arcavia & CoS and that CoF (for some ecounter)
    The Belt is the Leggo i want the most, the ring is really near
    1 more relique 905+ from BRH... xD

Yeah, I've been on that BRH grind too haha. Sucks that there are not more Frozen Pulse relics out there

Deleted
    Blast radius you mean ? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Scyn View Post
    Blast radius you mean ? ;p
    Yeah lol, for some reason I always say frozen pulse... it's not even a trait

Nothing like getting an 890+ Razor Ice relic. :/
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Make sure you check out my updated video, I go over pretty much all of the things you just talked about here. Thanks for your input I pretty much agree with everything you said here except the stat section, I found that STR> everything to be the case for BoS, so you just want to go for a balance of secondaries.
    Yea I just watched your guide and I feel stupid, it's like I just wrote everything you said in your guide to steel credit yea wasn't thinking about strength cuz it's kinda obvious crit and haste 30% is my goal, now I have way lower stats

Deleted
    Apologies if this is a particularly dumb question but... Should we ever fs during bos?

2pc crap legendaries crap trinkets 896 ish ilevel.

I do have the dmc trinket is it really that good?

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies if this is a particularly dumb question but... Should we ever fs during bos?

I just started leveling my DK, not even 110 yet, but im playing around with a Breath build as im leveling trying to get used to it. I love the spec its pretty fun.

MY question is does the build still work at lower gear levels, or is there a better build to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalamian View Post
    I just started leveling my DK, not even 110 yet, but im playing around with a Breath build as im leveling trying to get used to it. I love the spec its pretty fun.

MY question is does the build still work at lower gear levels, or is there a better build to start with?
    Pretty sure it does, since there are no stat soft caps.You will obviously do less damage compared to higher ilvl dks, but I'm pretty certain it beats out the other FDK specs at the same gear level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post

I never use FS during BoS. I usually just don't have the global for it, especially during hero almost every other global is HB. And when you don't have hero, then you don't have enough RP to FS anyway. I havn't tried out the DMC trinket tbh. It cost too much on my server and dungeon trinkets were better anyway.

Pretty sure it does, since there are no stat soft caps.You will obviously do less damage compared to higher ilvl dks, but I'm pretty certain it beats out the other FDK specs at the same gear level.

- - - Updated - - -

This is nice to hear, I have been enjoying the build. Looking forward to getting enough AP for Sindragosa's Fury, such a cool looking spell

I never use FS during BoS. I usually just don't have the global for it, especially during hero almost every other global is HB. And when you don't have hero, then you don't have enough RP to FS anyway. I havn't tried out the DMC trinket tbh. It cost too much on my server and dungeon trinkets were better anyway.
    Even during HRW ?

I have some questions of my own regarding BoS:

-At how many seconds do you need to maintain BoS to be superior to the next best FDK spec (which I assume is standard OB/RA)? This is just out of curiosity; with no tier set yet and no legendary belt I find it very easy to maintain 25-30 sec with just 1 HRW (I have ring)

-Is it a good idea to save BoS when adds pop up or is that considered dbagging?

- BoS overtakes OB/RA even without breath extending legendaries, and the gap widens once 4pc is obtained. I know there was some discussion prior to 7.1.5, but real results from NH are pretty straight forward.

- BoS loses potency beyond the first target. it is great for cleave up to 3 targets, but beyond that it's not really worth it. I would suggest using it purely on bosses, and as many times as possible throughout the fight. With GS and HB (great synergy with 2pc and FF talent) you already have very strong cleave capabilities and shouldn't need to save BoS for any adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Necropotence View Post
    - BoS overtakes OB/RA even without breath extending legendaries, and the gap widens once 4pc is obtained. I know there was some discussion prior to 7.1.5, but real results from NH are pretty straight forward.

- BoS loses potency beyond the first target. it is great for cleave up to 3 targets, but beyond that it's not really worth it. I would suggest using it purely on bosses, and as many times as possible throughout the fight. With GS and HB (great synergy with 2pc and FF talent) you already have very strong cleave capabilities and shouldn't need to save BoS for any adds.
    Thanks bud

I'm guessing that in M+ you get to use BoS+HrW on (basically) every trash pull, and therefore it's better than the other builds?
    "Always remember, in a land of fel infused ancient elves, the peasant with a good banish spell is king."

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    I'm guessing that in M+ you get to use BoS+HrW on (basically) every trash pull, and therefore it's better than the other builds?
    As long as you will save BoS for a boss fight, including HRW - i think its ok. I have ring so i have 2 charges of HRW, i can allow myself to keep one charge recharging whole time and then i use both charges on boss fights (it depends on how high is M+ keystone level, on lower fights wont last that long, you'll only need 1 HGW, if any).

Deleted
    Yeah that ring sound really good for M+.

In my experience, you can use BoS if you are far the next boss. In many case, you can use after each boss (time pass during the fight, the CD is available for the first pack after a boss, so you can use it and be in CD for the next trash untill you reach the boss)

In my case, without any Ring/Belt, i use BoS without HrW after a pack (ending with mass PR) and burst the pack after that. Saving HrW for the next boss (if i'm near it)
    Or i use everything. But i have to be sure i have 3 min before next boss.

For that, you have to know your run

Thanks for the guide.