Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    ITT: Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Welcome to the year 2000 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I have noticed that a lot of them call into work "sick" when really, they're just hungover.
    dunno how it works in other countries but here where i live if you call in sick rather then take payed vacation day you have to bring in paper signed by doctor stating how many sick day you have and not sure how many doctors are willing to make forgery to support hungover.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Millenials are the hardest working people, who have no choice thanks to the previous gen fucking up shit so hard AND that while workplace productivity (and expectations) have risen, compensation has not.
    this is both true and not true - depending on work position i guess - but i do agree that growing automatization and internet/smart phones made a lot of work poistion working much more dynamicaly and much faster then previous generations had to work.

lol, Millennials are certainly NOT the hardest working generation. Fucking technology makes sure of that and the examples are abundant and everywhere.

"Oh i'm a 'hard working' house keeper, my life is soooo horrible, what with the internet, modern tools in the workplace, cellphones, liberal pussafied bosses, and booze that has never come in such variety for such a good price"

Oooooh life is sooooo fucking hard!

wow people need to lighten up and enjoy a fairly funny video that makes fun of the extremes of a generation and parody of old school HR training videos... I'm 36 so guess i fall into the old side of millennials and thought it was funny.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So millenials are in the work force now. What are your experience working with them?
    Ya know, Generation Z is now coming of age and getting ready to enter the workforce en masse. We need to stop with all this Millennials crap now. They're old news.
    Signature not found

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think working with millennials is much different than it was for the last gen working with older workers when they were early career. There are good employees and bad employees and that doesn't seem to have any correlation with what generation they were born in.

What I think has changed compared to 15-20 years ago is the workplace, for better in some ways and worse in others. Companies seemed quicker to hire new employees back then, but also would fire employees for much smaller things too. Now they are a lot more careful to hire, but it takes more to get fired also. Wrongful termination lawsuits probably contributed to that. Benefits generally aren't as good now as compared to 15-20 years ago. Likewise, pay has effectively gone down it seems since to increase profits companies are always reducing bonuses, making bonuses harder to get, and having yearly pay increases be equal to cost of living (if that much). On the upside, things like dress codes seem much looser now in the workplace than years ago. Companies are also much better now about flex time and working remotely/from home. Lastly I'd also say that while it's definitely not broken, the glass ceiling in upper management for women and minorities is at least softer than it was 20 years ago.

So I don't think the workers have changed as much with the Millennial generation as much as the workplace has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, people should be pleased with the daily "YOUNG PEOPLE SUCK!"-video made by people in their 30's.
    It never ever gets boring and repetitive.

Perhaps it would be fun if 'old people' didn't destroy the economy, the environment, politics and basically any chance to have a great life.

also known as Post-Millennials, the iGeneration, Founders, Plurals, or the Homeland Generation

I like those nicknames.

don't worry when you are "old" young people will suck to...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

This thread is a whole big thread of fucking stupid...
    "oh i've worked with millenials and they were bad!" really... you have... color me shocked you've had a coworker who was bad. For fuck sakes older co-workers can also be just as whiny and bad because people in general can be fucking whiny and entitled. That's a human issue, not a fucking generational issue. This is nothing but the same typical bashing on the current generation THAT HAPPENS IN EVERY GENERATION like jeez...

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed that a lot of them call into work "sick" when really, they're just hungover.
    Odd I had a woman who is in nearly 50 call into work sick because she was hungover. Oh my god how could that have happened!

lol, Millennials are certainly NOT the hardest working generation. Fucking technology makes sure of that and the examples are abundant and everywhere.

"Oh i'm a 'hard working' house keeper, my life is soooo horrible, what with the internet, modern tools in the workplace, cellphones, liberal pussafied bosses, and booze that has never come in such variety for such a good price"

Oooooh life is sooooo fucking hard!
    The millennial generation is the most productive generation, who also works more hours, yet gets compensated less than prior generations.

Why are you conflating millennial with liberal to then go on and bitch and whine? I mean at the moment you seem to be the very thing you're bitching and whining about... a person bitching and whining about shit. Also what's with the whole think with millennials being drunks when millennials drink less?

So millenials are in the work force now. What are your experience working with them?

That we are awesome?
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

I find it weird how we get all these labels. Drunks... but our generation drinks less (not just less but the least compared to any other generation)... lazy... but our generation is more active... fat... but our generation is more concerned with health than any other previous generation...

I flat out disbelieve that millenials drink less. Raves? Parties? Every Friday night being an excuse to binge drink?

Please...

10+ Year Old Account
    I flat out disbelieve that millenials drink less. Raves? Parties? Every Friday night being an excuse to binge drink?

Please...
    id believe it, the actual numbers of young people who drink and party is much less than other generations. including casual nights out with just a couple drinks, reason being younger people have less disposable income compared to their parents
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Please...
    Right because there were no parties in the 60s... totally no ectasy taking and partying and weed smoking. Also I think you may be forgetting that romanticized view of drinking "ah come home have some scotch after a hard days work"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    id believe it, the actual numbers of young people who drink and party is much less than other generations. including casual nights out with just a couple drinks, reason being younger people have less disposable income compared to their parents
    Not even just drinking. Millenials also use less illegal drugs... drink less... use less drugs.. more active... less disposable income... work longer hours.. yet we're also suppose to be constantly drunk and lazy or high. No... that's past generations who were more drunk, more drugged out, and also less healthy.

How old are you? Because I'm really curious about how you can complain about millenials, if you are one. I guess you might be over 36, but then you're still acting like a millenial if you feel compelled to complain on a website dedicated to VIDEO GAMES about millenials in the work place.

Or I guess you could be under 17 but then you wouldn't know about the work place, would you?

Please...
    These crazy kids these days and their raves!

I'm tolerably sure it's actually the middle-aged, entitled boomer fucks that are drinking themselves to death at record rates.

Also if we are going to talk about entitled what about the boomers who at least in australia didn't pay their share of taxes, went to colleges mostly for free and then passed debt on to later generations. That is some entitled shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also if we are going to talk about entitled what about the boomers who at least in australia didn't pay their share of taxes, went to colleges mostly for free and then passed debt on to later generations. That is some entitled shit.
    In the United States, they're the generation collecting large defined-benefit pensions while whining that they have to pay more for health insurance as they age than those damn kids.

As a generation, boomers haven't seemed to encounter anything as they age that can't be answered by confiscating wealth from middle-class millennials and gen-Xers and giving it to the worst generation.

Please...
    you dont have to belive it - there are numbers to provve it - check numbers of alcohold sold 20 , 10 ,1 years ago and compare.