Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Are there any real soundtracks that normally stick with people from animes though aside the openings?

The only one that comes to mind is Libera Me From Hell for me.
    [video=youtube;VT6LFOIofRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT6LFOIofRE[video]
    Granted I know Kill la Kill had the whole "Don't Lose Your Way", but...eh, it didn't really stick.
    I absolutely loved this piece from Kimi no na wa:

Couldn't find the original from youtube so a cover it is.
    Don't read the comments.

Another one is originally from a VN but I'll post the anime version of the piece:

might be my favourite OST piece of all time
    don't read the comments
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2017-02-11 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    I absolutely loved this piece from Kimi no na wa:
    [video=youtube;l4O9lB0A9ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4O9lB0A9ns[video]
    Couldn't find the original from youtube so a cover it is.
    Don't read the comments.
    Welp, you sold me on needing to see that now. Also I yet again wish I had a piano to learn.

Does suck though that a lot of anime related things don't seem to be on youtube, not even full intros, like, the opening song to Erased. The whole song was there for a while, and now it's gone, because copyrights

STILL can't find the Kiznaiver opening. Say what you will about the anime, the opening was pretty sweet in my opinion.

Edit- Just found it on a google search though, thought I tried to before and it wasn't there though...
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-02-11 at 07:38 AM.

fuck now I'll just post some more amazing Umineko soundtracks, don't read the comments:

not an animu mashup

wrong vidya editted rite meow

10+ Year Old Account
    People talked a while back about how having a anime subforum would work, and realized it wouldn't. It would kill what community we had completely. Subforum/thread per show type things don't work unless there's hundreds or thousands of consistent posters, and even then it destroys any form of community. It's much easier coming into a mega thread and talking with people, even if you don't know most of what's being said at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Better to contain all shit taste in one thread too
    Mainly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Live action........hmmm:
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...chi-and-yukako

I dont know if this is gona work.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Mainly this.
    'member that time when they made the chat zone? Pepper ridge farm remembers.

10+ Year Old Account
    4-koma Manga 'Tsurezure Children' Receives TV Anime Adaptation

Wakabayashi Toshiya shows us a series of 4-koma manga depicting various scenarios of young love. These short stories range from a boy, crippled by his absolute lack of confidence in himself, cannot even accept the fact that the girl of his dreams actually asked him out on a date, to the near-psychotic girl that pours her own blood into her homemade chocolate in order to win his heart.
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1591405

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    As for Anime discussion, I saw "Mushi-Shi" on Netflix and it looked interesting...It's an interesting series if any of you haven't checked it out.
    Mushishi...mushishi...hrm...

Never heard of it.

On another note, any fans of Trinity Blood?
    I thought it was okay. Kind if irresolute with an unsatisfying ending. I don't recall much more than that other than thinking it has some good animation at times. I once had a great AMV for it, but I think it was taken down by YouTube and I never found it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Da hell is dis

(It's actually impressive though)

Are there any real soundtracks that normally stick with people from animes though aside the openings?
    If you aren't aware, Madoka and Steins;Gate both aired in the same year. So on top of the clever juxtaposition of the characters and plots, it was also timely.

As for your other question: yes, there are non-OP tracks that I adore. Gunslinger Girl's OST is an apropos classical Western orchestra set, and absolutely beautiful. However, less than a year ago YouTube went on a blitz and removed almost all of them from the US, which I find extremely frustrating. They did leave some up (such as Tema I below) but I miss many of the others (Etereo, Tema IV, Tristezza, Silencio Prima Della Lotta).

Many others that I would want to give mention to, but I don't want to fill the thread up with videos:
    -Fude no Umi (Mushishi): Haunting, wandering, the essence of Mushishi
    -The Master (Code Geass): Nothing speaks utter triumph and domination more than the opening to this piece
    -Moonlit Night (Death Parade): I find the piano work in this work simply...lush. It also has associations with one of my all-time favorite scenes.
    -Blue (Cowboy Bebop): An upward-reaching choral piece that plays at the end as the camera pans upward into the open sky
    -Kyoudai (FMA): A very sweet piece from the original that isn't heard as much anymore, but its wistful melancholy is practically tangible

The list keeps going, but I am already threatening it being excessive.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2017-02-11 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Mushishi...mushishi...hrm...

Never heard of it.
    Each episode is about this guy that's a traveling "Mushi master". They're each a different story about him interacting with different people in his travels, but all in one overall world/story. The individual stories are really good. Mushi are basically like super basic forms of life that only certain people can see, they live on the boundary of our world, etc. Some eat dreams and get in peoples heads and make dreams become real, some eat sound and people go deaf, another one got in some chicks eyes and she went blind because light was too bright but then he removed them by making this crazy liquid form mushi gush out, but one eye was too destroyed, etc. It's a sort of mythical show based around these creatures existing and its hard to explain, but each individual story is really good and some are very thoughtfully portrayed. It's worth watching at least the first episode or two, you can google it. There's also an English dub.

10+ Year Old Account
    text
    check his signature again. :I
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2017-02-11 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    check his signature again. :I
    in his defense, it's a very obscure scene that's drawn out of the art style :P
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    in his defense, it's a very obscure scene that's drawn out of the art style :P
    What also didn't help is that I made his reply first...then went on to make a large post that pushed my signature off the screen from where he would be reading the comment.
    @Extremity Mushishi is one of my favorite anime of all time, as indicated by my signature/avatar pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    What also didn't help is that I made his reply first...then went on to make a large post that pushed my signature off the screen from where he would be reading the comment.
    @Extremity Mushishi is one of my favorite anime of all time, as indicated by my signature/avatar pairing.
    Oh wow, that's a pretty awesome signature! Is that original artwork? If so, did you make it? Haha, I didn't have the slightest clue you were being sarcastic; I just discovered the show myself this past week. I'd seen it listed on Netflix over the past year or so but never got around to watching it. When I finally did, them only having S2 (and in Japanese) caused another delay... but I'm SO glad I got around to finding it in English online! I honestly wouldn't have recognized that your signature was from the show without you pointing it out, since the art style is so different and unique, but I *love* it. Is that supposed to be the "underground" river of light? I'd better not look at it for too long with both eyes.

Oh man, I'm such a nerd.

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot one of my more recent discoveries (past 6 months or so) and possibly all-time favorite! Durarara!! (and x2, of course). I loooooove it! I know I'm super behind on the times and can even remember ads for when it aired on Adult Swim for a while, but man it's incredible. I've already watched the entire series (and x2) at least 3 or 4 times. It's one of my "comfort shows". I have a few shows that I put on when I've got nothing else to watch, even if its just to hear in the background. I just enjoy having it present... maybe that's weird, oh well. Very few shows make my "comfort show" cut and there's no specific relation between any of them. For instance, there's Durarara!! (and x2), The Office (US), and Star Trek: TNG (also sometimes swapping in DS9 here or there or, although much less often, Voyager). I know those other shows aren't anime and are not relevant to this thread, I just wanted to emphasize that it is, thus far, the only anime I've placed in that personal category of mine.

Anyways, I don't know how I forgot Durarara!!. It's just amazing. When I first watched the entire thing, there were so many post-viewing realizations and the like, which to me is always the sign of a great piece of film/television. I love that watching it again after your initial viewing really contributes more to your interpretation of everything, now that you know their agendas and such from the start. I've been looking into X3, but from what I can see that's never happening. Apparently there's another version of the Manga, I think called "PH" or something? I hope one day they adapt that for TV. It's like I need a fix!
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-02-11 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    lewd .
    [CENTER]

You can thank Japanese music companies for that. They've blocked/copyright-striked stuff for as long as I can remember. I recently put the new DBS OP up and it was down within 2 days xD People usually get around it by making the audio slightly different, reducing the video size (and adding borders or whatever) and just distorting stuff. I hate that shit so never do it lol
    I never understood why so many do this. There was a study at some point demonstrating this actually led to less profit; not exactly a loss, but detracted from further potential sales. It's effectively free advertising. There are very few people that were already planning to buy your music/show whatever that will now flat-out not do so because your song/show/whatever is on Youtube, but there are people that would have potentially seen it there and decided they wanted to own it. In the end these decisions seem to do the company more harm than good, especially considering the fact that blocking it on Youtube is faaaar from removing it from the net. If anything, having it on youtube might also result in fewer further online copies as there's really no need.

I really think Youtube should dedicate more time to developing code/plugins/whatever that prevent people from ripping audo/video directly from the upload. If they managed this, there really wouldn't be any need for so many of these copyright restrictions as they would be purely read-only in the first place.

Anyways, sorry, this isn't really on-topic >.< As for Trinity Blood, you should really catch a few episodes. I was originally in the same boat; I'd seen the first episode and thought it was... well, a lot better than decent. Regardless, it took me a bit to get around to watching it in full, but it was worth it. I bet you'd love it too, give it a chance whenever you've got free time.
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-02-11 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors. Sleepies! :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    lewd .
    Fuck Konami .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

[video=youtube;VnVFJ-79tO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnVFJ-79tO8[video]
    I might genuinely give this dub a try. Hestia and Bell seem ok.
    Please no.

10+ Year Old Account

I might genuinely give this dub a try. Hestia and Bell seem ok.
    Was indeed okay, until the 14 seconds mark =D