Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll ask here but if there is a better thread for this do tell me off for not finding it

How do I check a different relic on Simcraft? I usually just switch around my gear and use the addon but obviously cannot do that with relics. I have the relic from Anomaly (Wrath trait) and got one from Augur (Blade of Justice) that is +25 ilvls. I assume the latter is better but would love to SiM it
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...g8uveUv4c/edit

it's on the very last page.

Just got a 915 Timespark.

Making up for my shit legendary luck.

Feelsgoodman.

Currently I'm using CoF 895 with gem slot and the Skorpyron's one and they're doing fairly decent. My only problem with CoF it's its stupid proc chance. I noticed it doesn't proc when you have wings, just it procs when Crusade ends, and I'm having 2-3 procs. I mean yeah, it still helps (you have one extra Crusade every 4 minutes or something like that?) but I think it can be better without being OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Anardel View Post
    Currently I'm using CoF 895 with gem slot and the Skorpyron's one and they're doing fairly decent. My only problem with CoF it's its stupid proc chance. I noticed it doesn't proc when you have wings, just it procs when Crusade ends, and I'm having 2-3 procs. I mean yeah, it still helps (you have one extra Crusade every 4 minutes or something like that?) but I think it can be better without being OP.
    Sadly, Blizzard don't agree... :S i feel my CoF is weak sauce... my Horn is simming lower but feels stronger...

Madness will consume you!!!

Correct me if its changed, but didn't they remove haste scaling with RPPM like 4 years ago? The only trinkets that should scale with haste are the ones that are PPM+Haste flagged ones (FCM, Skorpyron Trinket). CoF isn't as such. I believe simcraft is reflecting this correctly. Buff trinkets tend not to be PPM+Haste. Direct Damage trinkets are usually PPM+Haste.

Deleted
    But, its not a buff.
    I don't really know how it works, but we get no actual buff. So, in that sense its like a direct damage trinket. It just instantly happens and shaves 5 seconds off your cd.

As far as I know, CoF doesn't scale with haste.

I'm trying to justify equipping CoF at all, yet to no avail.
    First I've got get it, of course. But why bother? Why bother when there are DoS, EoC and a few other?
    Cleared Heroic CoN the other evening, and the other Ret did constantly pull upwards of 750 dps with fething fingernail and chain of something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    First I've got get it, of course. But why bother? Why bother when there are DoS, EoC and a few other?
    Cleared Heroic CoN the other evening, and the other Ret did constantly pull upwards of 750 dps with fething fingernail and chain of something
    It bothers me that CoF is basically a glorified stat stick. If a fight isn't long enough, you'd likely get more mileage out of a different stat stick. Bleh. They should honestly revert the nerf they did to it. Seeing what Warriors are doing with CoF and Draught saddens me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    It bothers me that CoF is basically a glorified stat stick. If a fight isn't long enough, you'd likely get more mileage out of a different stat stick. Bleh. They should honestly revert the nerf they did to it. Seeing what Warriors are doing with CoF and Draught saddens me.
    It's all about fight length with CoF, and the fight doesn't have to be super long just the right time. A good encounter for it is mythic Krosus as it's 6 minutes long which gives you an extra full duration Crusade. If it reduces your CD by 20 seconds you're using it at 1:40 - 3:20 - 5:00 - 6:40 which means ideal fight lengths are 2:10 - 3:50 - 5:30 - 7:10 and so on. It's effectiveness is like a pendulum that keeps swinging back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Yes.
    I'm not entirely sure CoF can be viable even on Heroic Gul'Dan despite the span if said boss encounter. You're probably better off with fething scorpid thing trinket.

Yes.
    I'm not entirely sure CoF can be viable even on Heroic Gul'Dan despite the span if said boss encounter. You're probably better off with fething scorpid thing trinket.
    Our last kill was 8 minutes in which I got one extra crusade off (5 total) compared to not having CoF...

I think all rppm trinkets stopped scaling with haste at some point but I can't remember when.
    It was sometime at the end of ToT/early SoO. I remember because the ji-kun feather stopped scaling with haste which we stacked at the time.

Only certain trinkets such as the cleave trinket from HFC and Skorpyron's trinket scale with haste. CoF is not one of those trinkets last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Our last kill was 8 minutes in which I got one extra crusade off (5 total) compared to not having CoF...
    Hooray then. It can be useful.
    Somehow I'm not inclined to pour the champagne, though.

Hooray then. It can be useful.
    Somehow I'm not inclined to pour the champagne, though.
    Well I'd say it's useful in a lot of situations. The only time it's not that great is when the fight fits normal cooldown time +30 seconds. So it's not that it's bad in it's current state but instead just poorly designed in the first place as it swings back and forth from granting a benefit to not granting anything more than a stat stick depending on fight length.

So apart from legendary one, the f.... FCM that never drops to me and Skorpyron's... which trinkets are useful? A stat stick like the Ettin's one?

is legendary trinkret any good? in pair with DoS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    is legendary trinket any good? in pair with DoS
    The legendary trinket is one of your BiS trinkets so long as you don't have belt + cloak or ring with belt or cloak.
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    It is BiS if you do not have two dps legendaries. As soon as you have two dps legendaries you are better off with a Str/Vers stat stick (actually you are always better of with that, a high ilvl Str/Vers stat stick is probably our best trinket)
    Thought crit and vers were basically equal after you get a comfortable amount of haste. Or my stat weights are wonky.