Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone own a gas pistol?

Hey, im from the EU.

Anyone own a gas pistol? And i dont mean airsoft or pellet gun.

Im concerned about my safety abit, and would like to inflict some damage defensively, is a gas pistol a good idea? Or is it just random blank firework?

Maybe a pepper spray is better?

Thanks.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    On a side note, id also prefer not to look like a pussy haha

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    It's pretty small, no one will notice unless they look closely.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You fear for your safey but you're worried about what you look like when you're defending yourself? Maybe you should grow up a little before you get a gun.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    You fear for your safey but you're worried about what you look like when you're defending yourself? Maybe you should grow up a little before you get a gun.
    I think that anyone who has a clue about self defense also understands the mental aspect of it.

Thanks for valuable information.

I think that anyone who has a clue about self defense also understands the mental aspect of it.

Is the person attacking you going to stop to tell you how cool you look with a gun?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Gonna be frank, anywhere you can't buy a real gun legally, it is illegal to carry around a gas pistol. And gas pistols are not made to really harm people badly, so I doubt it would do you much good if you are really in danger. Pepperspray would most likely do you more good if it is legal where you live. Or learn some self-defense or something. Would do you more good than a gas pistol, that may hurt like hell to get by, but wont really stop you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the person attacking you going to stop to tell you how cool you look with a gun?
    No, but something that looks intimidating might discourage an attacker to attack you in the first place.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    No, but something that looks intimidating might discourage an attacker to attack you in the first place.
    Pepper spray would be more effective.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, that little black tube in your hand looks very intimidating to anyone who's ever been pepper sprayed before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pepper spray would be more effective.
    Pepper spray is small and concealable, someone might not see it and think "Hey look, a helpless victim". Something that is noticeable and conspicuous would make them think "Nope, not going to screw with this guy."
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

What mental aspect of it? Thinking you look cool when getting your ass beat?

Gas pistol? Sounds like something out of Fallout.
    Oh aye.

Hey, im from the EU.

Anyone own a gas pistol? And i dont mean airsoft or pellet gun.

Im concerned about my safety abit, and would like to inflict some damage defensively, is a gas pistol a good idea? Or is it just random blank firework?

Maybe a pepper spray is better?

Thanks.
    What would be the point? Get a real gun if you need protection and it's legal.
    If it's not, then a "gas pistol" that actually works won't be legal either.

In any case, most places in the EU are safe enough that you'll never need a weapon. If you happen to live in one of the places where it's not as safe, move somewhere else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get a climbing axe.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Maybe he should carry a Klingon Bat'leth then.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Whistles can be used for defensive purposes. Maybe get a leather or camo holster for it so it looks more edgy.

If you don't know how to handle a gun, don't buy one. If something is for personal defense, pepper spray will work just fine in most circumstances.