10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    48 is the 2nd most viewed super bowl with 49 being the most by a large margin. Matchups and markets matter.
    Seahawks = good ratings. Got it. I find having teams from opposite ends of the country also helps. I always seem to care less when the 2 teams are only a few hundred miles apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Seahawks = good ratings. Got it. I find having teams from opposite ends of the country also helps. I always seem to care less when the 2 teams are only a few hundred miles apart.
    Seattle + Boston are big markets atm, even when not participating.

All 22 of the Edelman catch is pretty wut inducing. Why did Brady force it? It worked, but still...

https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/830545581294620672

10+ Year Old Account
    48 is the 2nd most viewed super bowl with 49 being the most by a large margin. Matchups and markets matter.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zN8cr4o.png[IMG]
    Fairly sure that if the Packers had beaten the Falcons we would have had the most watched game of all time again. Packers and Rodgers are far more marketable than small market Atlanta.

I like the game suggestions so far. Chiefs-Broncos is definitely somewhere in my top ranks (first game they played that year, not the second one where Denver got blown out). Ravens-Steelers probably too (division decider late in the year).

- - - Updated - - -

Come to think of it, I think I just favour any type of game where there is a lot at stake. 49'ers- Browns could be the most tense back and forth game of the year, but if they are not competing in the division and are likely going to pick high in the draft, then that game doesn't really figure into my list of top games, even if it was entertaining.

Games just have that extra bit of attraction to me when they really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Which begs the question, which was the best (or top 3) games according to you (and anyone else) this season?
    These would i guess be my top three:
    Chiefs vs Broncos, first of the year.
    Steelers vs Cowboys
    Patroits vs Falcons

With these as close honorable mentions:
    Cowboys vs Packers in the playoffs
    Lions vs Vikings either game this year

And Raiders and Falcons both had quite a lot of really good games, including the one vs each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    All 22 of the Edelman catch is pretty wut inducing. Why did Brady force it? It worked, but still...
    Completely missed this post.

Brady is VERY high on trust and bond with his receivers. Has to be with erhardt-perkins system where basically the receiver and QB both have to read the situation the same way to make the same adjustment. So, if zone, then you do this, and if man you do this (simplified).

If Brady doesn't trust you as a reciever, cause you let him down, either in game or more importantly in practice, then he won't throw it to you, regardless of the fact if you get open on that play or not. He just doesn't trust you to make the correct adjustment and the correct route so he will go to a reciever he does trust, unless there's just no other choice.

Benefit for Brady is Edelman and Gronk tend to be open regardless, so he's fairly safe just forcing the ball into them even when it's not 100% ideal open.

That does mean you get times like this Superbowl, where the Falcons match up physically pretty well on the day, and key in on trying to stop and double cover and trap Edelman, and that leads to Brady's pick 6 and this almost pick.

You saw it in 2013 as well when he basically had a 90% new receiver core and no Gronk early on. Brady struggled cause he and the recievers weren;t on the same page, not reading the defense the same way, and Brady didn;t trust his recievers enough. That year once he started trusting Edelman, they were doing fairly well and he started forcing the ball into Edelman a TON.

So, that's Brady. For better or worse, if he trusts you, he;s going to sometimes throw the ball your way, even if it;s not 100% the best idea. Brady is good enough though and knows his team mates well enough that he tends to be right when he forces balls like that. (Though I agree that this Edelman one should have probably never been thrown).

I thought Superbowl 48 got canceled?

90s is kind of interesting to look at, every other year it basically switched. Kind of strange because of how many of those had a team go back to back years.

Didn't realize the Superbowl tv viewership was kind of stable the last couple years, most other things have dropped quite a bit from 5 years ago. Then again, all the people that watch it when they watch 1 game a year probably helps them out in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints @ Chargers was my best game of the year cuz I was there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Saints @ Chargers was my best game of the year cuz I was there.
    Well, that was a good game too, with the Saints comeback.

But I think my top 3 would be:

1) Superbowl
    2) Packers-Cowboys (divisional round)
    3) Chief-Broncos (first match up, in my opinion best regular season game of the year).

Flip the question over: What was the worst game you watched all year?

For me it's probably some combination of 49'ers-Rams (first Monday night game of the season, with Berman as the commentator), the Cards-Seahawks game that set off this discussion (basically) a 6-6 tie with no TD's, the Thanksgiving night game where the Steelers dismantled the Colts with Luck out and that late season Dolphins-Jets game that was on like a Saturday and was just completely pathetic. Oh and that London game the Rams played against the Giants. That was aweful too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    First seattle rams game for me. Couldn't even get myself to finish the last quarter. I could manage the others, even ones as lopsided as the Packers loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Bradford and Eli compete to see who could check down harder on MNF was my worst game of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Completely missed this post.

Brady is VERY high on trust and bond with his receivers. Has to be with erhardt-perkins system where basically the receiver and QB both have to read the situation the same way to make the same adjustment. So, if zone, then you do this, and if man you do this (simplified).

If Brady doesn't trust you as a reciever, cause you let him down, either in game or more importantly in practice, then he won't throw it to you, regardless of the fact if you get open on that play or not. He just doesn't trust you to make the correct adjustment and the correct route so he will go to a reciever he does trust, unless there's just no other choice.

Benefit for Brady is Edelman and Gronk tend to be open regardless, so he's fairly safe just forcing the ball into them even when it's not 100% ideal open.

That does mean you get times like this Superbowl, where the Falcons match up physically pretty well on the day, and key in on trying to stop and double cover and trap Edelman, and that leads to Brady's pick 6 and this almost pick.

You saw it in 2013 as well when he basically had a 90% new receiver core and no Gronk early on. Brady struggled cause he and the recievers weren;t on the same page, not reading the defense the same way, and Brady didn;t trust his recievers enough. That year once he started trusting Edelman, they were doing fairly well and he started forcing the ball into Edelman a TON.

So, that's Brady. For better or worse, if he trusts you, he;s going to sometimes throw the ball your way, even if it;s not 100% the best idea. Brady is good enough though and knows his team mates well enough that he tends to be right when he forces balls like that. (Though I agree that this Edelman one should have probably never been thrown).
    Yeah. Wilson trusts his receivers to make plays, or makes the play happen himself.

examples:

https://puu.sh/tZ9Og/048206d095.gif

https://puu.sh/tZ9QQ/bbafd7faf1.mp4

the second one you gotta watch a few times to see, but Wilson looks off the safeties in the opposite direction then snaps his head at the last second and throws for a big gain.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If it had been Dallas vs New England in the super bowl, holy ratings batman.

My 3 worst games of the year would be the Rams@Jets, 49'ers@Bears and Jets@49'ers

10+ Year Old Account
    My game of the year is slightly bias but Raiders @ Saints in week one just for how it ended tops my list, even though it began a season long series of near heart attacks.

Cowboys and Steelers game has to be up there, and another vote for the Packers/Cowboys divisional.

Worst game could be almost any TNF game, the London games and that god awful 6-6 game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the stupid dumb luck field goal in Chiefs Broncos (or it could have been Broncos Chiefs, forgot which one). That's about as neutral of a favorite game possible since that's not even in my conference let alone involving my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying home today, in Oslo's main airport.

The bar is a Boston themed sportsbar, I think I have discovered hell on earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Meh, closest you come to an American place?

or not, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

It could be worse, it could be Boston.

10+ Year Old Account
    See I've been to American themed bars before.

But they didn't have a "Belichek burger" on the menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Victor Cruz and Rashaad Jennings cut from the Giants. Have to wonder what happens to Cruz, and if teams view him as viable anymore.