Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    Also people talking about no discs in world first kills (which apparently means the spec sucks), I guess that means every tank besides Brewmaster and Guardian are shitty too. Guess all those tanks should just quit playing.
    If you are in a hardcore progression guild playing a DH tank you should definitely reroll a Bear, yes.

Also people talking about no discs in world first kills (which apparently means the spec sucks), I guess that means every tank besides Brewmaster and Guardian are shitty too. Guess all those tanks should just quit playing.
    yes lol. not playing a guardian/brewmaster in world first progression is a mistake.

But a bunch of people here aren't in a WF progression guild.

But a bunch of people here aren't in a WF progression guild.
    Thats the funniest part of all these arguments. People bitch because its not a brainless meter tool - AKA snipper - and then suddenly the argument turns over to min maxin on a level of gameplay which finished a week ago. Min maxing. For most people who havent even finished heroic yet, 1 month after the release. And yet when you mention the opinion of guilds currently on M Guldan, you and they are automaticaly become elitist jerks. Some are rude il give you that, but it doesnt magically invalidate the logs and collected data.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    A lot of us are concerned, rightly so, that the spec will be changed, perhaps radically changed, into something less fun. Legion Disc is *far* more enjoyable than WotLK, MoP, or WoD Disc (the only other three types I've played). We are defending from what we perceive to be a besieged position - as you're probably aware there are more "Disc haters" out there than those for any other spec in the game, except maybe Survival Hunters.

Legion Disc's gameplay is SO much better than previous iterations that it's important to defend the core design of the spec.
    And frankly I think its a very selfish position. Many of us liked the spec before this revamp, so imagine how we feel? Sure the bubble spam had to go but that was an easy fix. The fact that people are leaving the spec, the fact that its really niche and limited in raids, the fact that its all about timing, is absolutely ridiculous to me. I used to tank heal, spot heal and raid heal in the last version of disc. Now I sit on my hands and wait for a big AOE.....thats not gameplay to me. Dungeons and pvp is another story, I'm speaking on raiding.

So lets just agree to disagree. When enough people leave the spec and don't play it anymore (except for few players with great Weak Auras and innervates from other players in their guild) Blizz will either do something, or chuck up the deuces and ignore the spec. So enjoy this pos spec while you can, maybe you will get your wish and it will remain garbage that it currently is.
    Last edited by Desmonda; 2017-02-12 at 02:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbreezy View Post
    You keep using this argument. It is simply not true. Discipline is the only spec that has all top logs with multiple innervates. People getting wisdoms and multiple innervates are playing a different spec then those without.
    Oh really? Disc is the only class with top logs with multiple innervates?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...true&source=20

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=7

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&source=5

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=6

Lets not limit this to druids

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=10

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=9

I can go on and on if you like. Seems like Krosus logs are pretty influenced by innervates . The only class in the game that doesn't require innervates/wisdoms to perform well in top end logs is holy paladins from my experience, and we all know how strong that spec is.

Also, I'm pretty sure most specs in the game play pretty differently when they have excess to tools like innervates/wisdoms. I wonder what a druid without their own innervate would play like :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Jbreezy View Post
    Stop acting like bombing radiances and penance on cd is the least bit difficult. It is all about the mana.
    I'll take projection for $500 tom. When exactly have I spoken about difficulty with innervates? I actually believe pressing radiance 4-5 times in a row is rather easy. The complexity of disc comes from understanding boss mechanics, and where and when you want to burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I'll take projection for $500 tom. When exactly have I spoken about difficulty with innervates? I actually believe pressing radiance 4-5 times in a row is rather easy. The complexity of disc comes from understanding boss mechanics, and where and when you want to burst.
    The only reason that the spec is "complex" is that the expac is still fairly new and many players have not experienced the high end content yet. Give another 6months or a year, lets see how "complex" sitting on your hands waiting for the big burst is then. Please with this nonsense. The spec is not complex in the least, as YOU said, its about knowing the fights. Once people know the encounters the boredom of doing one thing in a raid will set in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmonda View Post
    The only reason that the spec is "complex" is that the expac is still fairly new and many players have not experienced the high end content yet. Give another 6months or a year, lets see how "complex" sitting on your hands waiting for the big burst is then. Please with this nonsense. The spec is not complex in the least, as YOU said, its about knowing the fights. Once people know the encounters the boredom of doing one thing in a raid will set in.
    Sure but i'm pretty sure once you learn the basics of a healer, every boss is the exact same. This really isn't a disc problem at that point, and more a problem with how healing is designed.

Besides, I would say it's a little more complex to actually understand bosses, instead of mindlessly spamming rejuv/wg on cd.

You said literally all top logs have multiple innervates. Only true for discs and obviously resto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man once Blizzard do something about Innervate this thread is going to be a ghost town.

I do not get why people are so fixated with innervates, i have done 3 raids with a boomkin innervating me in the whole expansion.

They are so fixated with innervates because boomkins having innervate is a retarded mechanic just like how warlocks had dark intent and paladins had blessing of might, both of which got removed for good reason and the same should be done to boomkin innervate as well. Innervate should be available only to resto and should be self-cast only, if you've actually played during cata era where a priest could power infusion other players and a warlock could dark intent others you would know why this should the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    They are so fixated with innervates because boomkins having innervate is a retarded mechanic just like how warlocks had dark intent and paladins had blessing of might, both of which got removed for good reason and the same should be done to boomkin innervate as well. Innervate should be available only to resto and should be self-cast only, if you've actually played during cata era where a priest could power infusion other players and a warlock could dark intent others you would know why this should the case.
    Ah, the good ol' days of being shadow with dark intent.
    And previously in WotLK getting focus magic + power infusion to top the WoL rankings!

I'm surprised they brought these types of things back as it just adds a weird kind of 'favouritism' in casual raid groups and doesn't really add any interesting gameplay on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Sure but i'm pretty sure once you learn the basics of a healer, every boss is the exact same. This really isn't a disc problem at that point, and more a problem with how healing is designed.

Besides, I would say it's a little more complex to actually understand bosses, instead of mindlessly spamming rejuv/wg on cd.
    True, all raids become known by all classes, the difference being other classes will have other tools to work with and switch up. We will just be standing around waiting for that big AOE. Lets see as this expac matures how many disc priests, even "highly" skilled ones, last.

True, all raids become known by all classes, the difference being other classes will have other tools to work with and switch up. We will just be standing around waiting for that big AOE. Lets see as this expac matures how many disc priests, even "highly" skilled ones, last.
    Do you believe we are more boring and one dimensional than the other healing specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    Do you believe we are more boring and one dimensional than the other healing specs?
    In terms of raiding...yes. Not so much in Dungeons and PVP. However as my gameplay leans to raiding and doing higher end content this is a problem for me. If I was strictly a pvper, Mythic Dungeoner, Disc's current state would not be a problem. I used to be able to tank heal, raid heal and spot heal as Disc in raids, now I stand around waiting on a big AOE. If others find that exciting, more power to em.

In terms of raiding...yes. Not so much in Dungeons and PVP. However as my gameplay leans to raiding and doing higher end content this is a problem for me. If I was strictly a pvper, Mythic Dungeoner, Disc's current state would not be a problem. I used to be able to tank heal, raid heal and spot heal as Disc in raids, now I stand around waiting on a big AOE. If others find that exciting, more power to em.
    Could i be as bold as to ask your character name and check on his logs. I am really curious about your guild setup and if it plays role to feeling that way. I have some unpleasant feelings as of lately and wiant to check for similarities.

Deleted
    can all the mongoloids that want retard absorb spam disc back please fuck off to a normie healer and never come back to this thread, disc ATM is one of the best specs ever implemented - get mad

If we put aside the mana drain of blanqueting raid, is the lack of flexibility (mostly burst raid heal) a welcome niche or a problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    can all the mongoloids that want retard absorb spam disc back
    They aren't in this post, please keep looking elsewhere. And take your time.
    Last edited by Atharaxie; 2017-02-12 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    In my experience Discipline is quite bad at responding to random damage but very good at countering predictable raid damage... which have been the case for years anyway.
    The problem with this is that sometimes mechanics prevent us from pulling our weight (if we have to run out of range just before that damage hits for example) and thus raid leaders just plan around disc and set up a list of raid cooldowns leaving disc superfluous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The best way to handle smite if dps during downtime is such a big thing is to just have a separate dps spell with no cd that doesn't get transferred via atonement, because even if smite's cost scales it's still a very significant buff to disc.
    We should have such a spell and an AoE with the same limitation anyway.
    Never liked the "pruning" of the classes down to just a handful of spells.