Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Everyone missing four traits would be atleast 200k less dps on a ST fight.
    Wait ... do you mean 4 traits is a 200k dps loss per person, or if the entire raid has 4 traits missing ? Assuming (for easy math) you're doing 1 million dps (one person) ST, missing 4 traits would be a loss of 20K dps. Not 200K. And assuming 17 dps, if it's 20k per person, that's only 340k dps off of 17million dps.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2017-02-12 at 06:38 AM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    im banking all the AP i get now and use them when 7.2 comes, good idea?
    If you have all 54 filled now then yes I would think so though from what I understand they are going to refund all the AP used from level 35 to 54 and reset your weapon to level 35..

The guy got his numbers of wowhead ptr mode. Notice the number change he basically just an idiot

54 Points in on Live

54 Points on PTR

Note the 600Million More AP required to hit 54 lel

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I am not against personal competition, however my problem with it becomes when people want the game tuned around a super minority activity and try to act superior (not all do though, there are plenty of super cool comp raiders) Fact is, outside of you (Not you in particular) and your surrounding guild, nobody cares about your progress, if you aren't a World First or top 10, then you are really much at all to the rest.
    Yeah that's fine. I just think this amount of AP/Mythic + runs hurts Mythic raiders more than any other group within WoW's community. Normally, I agree that changes shouldn't be made with just Mythic raiders in mind. We're a fairly small percentage of the playerbase. However, 1000 Mythic + runs is beyond what the majority of players will do this entire expansion. You can tie in other AP sources and assume that number is cut in half, but even still, 500 Mythic +s is more than I imagine most casual players are ever going to do.

In my opinion, the fact that my 500 or so Mythic +s currently only count for 17 out of the 1009 (obviously I'll get AP from WQ/raiding, other sources, but the majority will be from Mythic + for AP/legendaries) I need to do in 7.2 is a little disheartening. I expected that we would see 71 traits end up around 600-700m AP. That'd roughly be 10-11 times the AP we have now at 54. Instead their multiplying the cap by 62 (4B/64m).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    NO, since they've already said those tokens won't work in 7.2. and to spend it now. so the most you can save is 35-54.

Also Ptr is Ptr, Also Items gained in MoS may not be increased AP wise, but tokens for other content may give more base AP per level.

Protip: stop freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    In a sense, this is "bad game design" because BLIZ is notorious for ignoring community standards,
    and saying: "Well, we don't see it that way, so you shouldn't either." And while they're right, we
    shouldn't see it that way .. and I don't .. many, many, many, many, many people *do* see it that
    way and that is where the problem comes from.

I've given thought to starting a game design blog and that was one of the topics I wanted to write
    about is the whole: community vs. developer standards, and personally, I think that the devs need
    to look at the community's standards and take those into account, potentially over their own views,
    depending on the scenario. I'm not going to cover all that here, obviously. It's a complex topic.
    While I agree with most of your post I think I have to slightly disagree here. In that I don't think Blizzard can take community standards into count when designing WoW expansions or patches because the WoW community doesn't have a standard, as MoP to Legion (hell even mmochampion) I think has shown is that the community has simply put too many and contradicting standards.

Too many groups want too many different things and have standards that simply put can not exist in the same game at the same time and the medium isn't happy it pissed off both sides.

So trying to go by community standards is a recipe for disaster too imo.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the system was not made to be done in a few weeks, it was ment to be done over the corse of an expansion
    are you stupid? they will probably add more traits in 7.3 so this will most likely last for 7.2-7.2.5 and in 7.3 we will see more changes to the artifact weapon system unless you pull a blue post saying this is the end all be all of artifacts then we should assume it will continue to progress with the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Wait ... do you mean 4 traits is a 200k dps loss per person, or if the entire raid has 4 traits missing ? Assuming (for easy math) you're doing 1 million dps (one person) ST, missing 4 traits would be a loss of 20K dps. Not 200K. And assuming 17 dps, if it's 20k per person, that's only 340k dps off of 17million dps.
    He means the entire raid. 2% across the board.

Those AP items won't work on a weapon you "upgraded" so there is no point in banking any AP.

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    The guy got his numbers of wowhead ptr mode. Notice the number change he basically just an idiot

It does take 600 Million more AP to hit 54 on PTR, because the current 35-54 trait is being removed ( you get your AP refunded if you had 54) , you get that power boost from questline and then you can start getting new traits, first trait being 15million.

So if you have 54 right now after refund you can get 4 more traits at about 15 million each, so on ptr you'd get 39 traits down from 54.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    If you have all 54 filled now then yes I would think so though from what I understand they are going to refund all the AP used from level 35 to 54 and reset your weapon to level 35..
    i have 54 and i only play one spec, So if i bank all the AP (2 mil So far), i should have enough to cover all the traits in 7.2 ? problem is the AP dont stack and theres not enough bag space

i have 54 and i only play one spec, So if i bank all the AP (2 mil So far), i should have enough to cover all the traits in 7.2 ? problem is the AP dont stack and theres not enough bag space
    First of all you won't be able to use old tokens after 7.2, and second first 7.2 trait costs 15million AP, so 2 million will get you nowhere. The 60 million AP refunded from having 54 will get you 4 traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post

https://twitter.com/Justw8/status/830548673297805315

Thoughts?

People with currently maxed out artifact weapons are forced to do 17 less runs.
    To put this into perspectivem, 0-54 required approximately ~250 runs at 25AK
    Don't mind silly people, they're just blind blizzard fanboys who will play anything given to them on a silver platter. I hope this just shows people how they're extending the time for you needed to remain competative In PvE and PvP once again. Now people are on the same-ish AP level, but even then there's that difference when It comes to the 4th golden trait, If you keep grinding AP you get a boring 5 % damage upgrade everytime which Is just the worst decision they've made for the trait system. I wouldn't be surprised If they made such a trait In 7.2 as well.

They're making more and more ways for you to just grind away uselessly, when 7.2 begins PvPers and Raiders will once again be forced to grind and grind for days on end to get to the top of the raids, get ontop of their PvP comrades for MONTHS. It's only been 5 and a half months now since Launch and there's still a LARGE difference betwenn powerlevel of PvPers, more than ever before.

And ofcourse grinding's fine, but as long as It doesn't mean that RNG dictates If you'll be the strongest In 2 months or In 5 months due to random chance. Blizz has to manage that RNG so that within a certain time period RNG becomes less of a factor. And they fixed It before, yet they've REMOVED the fix for no reason. What was the fix?

Guaranteed PvP gear Sets. Since TBC until Warlords, we had the Honor System 2.0 which guaranteed us gear drops for an Honor PvP set, and If you wanted to be strongest and competative you got the Conquest Gear set. the thing about these sets Is you'll be guranteed to get them In less than 2 months. And you bought them most of the time, not relied on drops. In 2 months or less, you ALWAYS had a gurantee you'd remain competative until you got the next set for the next season, which really Isn't that hard. 2-3 months of PvPing and guarantee of Conquest gear Is good.

Tell me If you've sen anyone with a whole Legion Season 1 PvP set? I doubt you have, and even If you had those sets are WORSE just blaitantly worse than the PvE gear sets you can get from WOrld Quests, where all you have to do Is literaly kick nuts around for 5 minutes and grow trees as a wisp while avoiding the nemesis of the wisp: a fish.

Again, they're artificially extending the time It takes for us to get to the top, and even If we do we have to keep doing It to remain at top or we fall behind and that's IT. Once we're behind It'll take a while before were at top with the others, and sometimes you won't even be able to. You can believe top PvPers will be doing World Quests EVERYDAY, to get every single little AP they can come across, In heroics as well. They do more PvEing than PvPing that's just bizzare already.

Lastly, one of the many things I saw that shows they're just trying to extend our experience, and force us to play longer:

1. Artifact Power Grind as mentioned above, heavily.

2. Longer wait for LFR versions of Raids: If you haven't noticed, LFRs ALWAYS released weekly, but for the first time, Nighthold Is releasing In two weeks, artificially extending your wait If you're a casual raider by 2 months to see the full thing. Which Is silly as well as the gear dropped In LFR Is a very minor upgrade over the regular gear you get from World Quests, and thats assuming world quests won't make your gear Warforged to make It better than the Nighthold LFR gear drops. LFR still remains useless with Nighthold as It did with Nightmare other than to experience It once and that's It.

3. Minor Patches with no content: They give us the Illusion of content firstly with releasing 7.1, which lasted for perhaps... a few weeks? Which really doesn't mean anything, Trial of Valor Is a mini-raid with copied tactics/abilities from dungeons. Karazhan was nice, but It also lasted less than a week before being cleared and never touched upon again by anyone ever. And lastly, there's been the Suramar story bits added, which should've been there already so they dont count as additional content, but content that was already there, but they cut It up and released It later. It's like If a regular game releases with DLC, but the DLC Is half the game and you have to wait for the other half for no reason.

7.1.5 was also, menth as a minor patch, yet people "Praise" It to high hell, for what? Giant class changes, pandaland timewalking which nobody cares about & Brawler's thing as well as micro-holidays? None of which Is immediatly content but content you get later on, so wat's the point of making It out to be a numbered patch, If really, It only as one feature: Class changes. Just call It any little silly patch you like, like 7.1.32535, It's so minor and Insignificant It shouldn't have a large patch number, or an Inbetwenn large patches number. You just put a highlight on a patch that adds nothing and gives the Illusion of adding content constantly.

4. Nighthold, a launch raid releasing two patches later? Nighthold releases a week after 7.1.5, which to me counts as too late, It's a launch raid supposedly. They just cut up the content and put It whereever they liked In the next year when they expansion's going to be running.

Even Blackrock Foundry was released February 2nd 2015 whilst patch 6.1 (Which content wise was like 7.1) released around 28th Feb. And Blackrock Foundry, and 6.1 released both too soon and too close to the launch window, people barely had time to do Highmaul properly and Blizzard admitted this.

And that's how you make a constructive post rather then "Lol you suck with your opinion, I don't care, get outa here" /mic drop

Quote Originally Posted by Heckadots View Post
    Hey here is a thought.... Maybe some people finishing earlier than others is OK. Why do the people that like to finish earlier than others have to be "punished" because people like you like to go slow and take your time?
    You're the kid that ate all his Halloween candy in one night and then spent the next week complaining about how his stomach hurts, huh?

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post

https://twitter.com/Justw8/status/830548673297805315

Thoughts?

People with currently maxed out artifact weapons are forced to do 17 less runs.
    To put this into perspectivem, 0-54 required approximately ~250 runs at 25AK
    Thoughts?

I am very thankful to be one of those people that take it easy and still do the reasonable daily amount of playing to progress their character, as opposed to the 'hur dur duuurrrrr i must max out NAAAAWWWW!!!1!!11!!" crowd of elite neckbeards.

With doing bellow moderate work, I am at rank 47 in my main spec weapon. I will be maxed out long before 7.2 hits, and heck, possibly even very advanced in my off spec as well if not maxed. I don't plan to change my play style in 7.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post

54 Points in on Live

54 Points on PTR

Maybe you shouldnt call other people idiots when you're the actual idiot

You didnt max out the weapon, you forgot 17/20 infinite traits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Who will carry your M+ keys then?
    I do my keys with my guild. I don't pug. Sorry, 0/10
    It's funny seeing all the tryhards quit, because they realize they are not hardcore enough.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-02-12 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Dawnseeker View Post
    Thoughts?

I am very thankful to be one of those people that take it easy and still do the reasonable daily amount of playing to progress their character, as opposed to the 'hur dur duuurrrrr i must max out NAAAAWWWW!!!1!!11!!" crowd of elite neckbeards.

With doing bellow moderate work, I am at rank 47 in my main spec weapon. I will be maxed out long before 7.2 hits, and heck, possibly even very advanced in my off spec as well if not maxed. I don't plan to change my play style in 7.2.
    My question to you is would the game be any worth for you if it took as long as it currently does to max out your weapon instead of 4 times longer? Because if it wouldn't change anything for you a person who takes it easy and it upsets mythic raiders, who does it benefit then?

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    My question to you is would the game be any worth for you if it took as long as it currently does to max out your weapon instead of 4 times longer? Because if it wouldn't change anything for you a person who takes it easy and it upsets mythic raiders, who does it benefit then?
    I don't understand your question, sorry.

Can you rephrase please?

And in all that long thread no one thought that maybe 7.2 activities like the new raid, dungeon and the dailies on the new island / invasions might award more AP to encourage people to do the "new content" instead of farming the old one? They will also need to rescale / add levels to m+ together with appropriate rewards, same as the rewards used to scale to 10 in EN, 12 in TOV and 15 in NH.

Blizzard is known for "nerfing" old content in that manner to make the new one 5x more rewarding.

I'm kinda suspecting similar treatment towards order resources, the new upgrades cost 50k+ but I'd expect the new activities to award more than the old ones so people aren't incentivized to farm same old same old but rather are nudged towards farming newly implemented content.