Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You'll never have to if you support criminally low wages like you do now.

Quick jab at @Wells while it's on my mind. How was that fifteen dollar minimum wage going to work in a contracting economy?
    Increasing the minimum wage doesn't contract anything. You're not removing labor supply, you're just transferring more capital to labor.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You keep coming up with crimes a strawman committed

I'm just talking about survival ... eating, health care, shelter etc ... that's all. Sometimes some people are forced to break the law to obtain enough of those to survive.

Stealing some bread, taking shelter during a storm in some else's property, stealing cash to pay for a kid's health care .. stuff that the US seems to pride itself in cause 'freedom'.
    No one forced them. I had to eat one meal a day for three weeks to make ends meet. Never did it occurs me to rob other people so I can eat more.

Probably because I'm aware STEALING FROM PEOPLE FUCKS THEM OVER, TOO!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Increasing the minimum wage doesn't contract anything. You're not removing labor supply, you're just transferring more capital to labor.
    Actually, you are. Remember how many people were made part time to save on healthcare?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Actually, you are. Remember how many people were made part time to save on healthcare?

No one forced them.
    No - as I said, they made a choice to stay alive by breaking the law. They could have died.

I repeat as I said a number of times ... SOMETIMES, SOME PEOPLE are forced to break the law to survive.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealing some bread, taking shelter during a storm in some else's property, stealing cash to pay for a kid's health care .. stuff that the US seems to pride itself in cause 'freedom'.
    There's plenty of programs and charities that provide this stuff to people in the US if they are unable to pay, so not sure why you think that poor people need to turn to crime to obtain these things.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    There's plenty of programs and charities that provide this stuff to people in the US if they are unable to pay, so not sure why you think that poor people need to turn to crime to obtain these things.
    Because crime is aok.

10+ Year Old Account
    No - as I said, they made a choice to stay alive by breaking the law. They could have died.

I repeat as I said a number of times ... SOMETIMES, SOME PEOPLE are forced to break the law to survive.
    These are great examples you are bringing up, these hypothetical situations, but they aren't really relevant. No one is forced to do anything. If someone is struggling, there are places and people that can help.

They made a choice. But they were forced.

See? Now you fucked up.

There's plenty of programs and charities that provide this stuff to people in the US if they are unable to pay,
    And are in the correct locations and the demand for the services meets the requirements, and if ... a thousand ifs.

- - - Updated - - -

They made a choice. But they were forced.
    Can't believe I'm having to explain language use ... but here goes.

If you are forced to do X to achieve Y. Then
    1. You have a choice about Y
    2. If you intend to do Y, then you are forced to do X.

It is a conditional requirement... there is no ambiguity.

- - - Updated - - -

These are great examples you are bringing up
    I've learned my lesson about providing links to examples - because which ever random link I provide of the thousands - people will whinge that the site is biased, or unreliable or fake or 'lol'.

So now I just sit in the downpour and tell them - if they want proof it is raining, just open your eyes. Because any one drop I bring to them isn't proof it is raining.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

And are in the correct locations and the demand for the services meets the requirements, and if ... a thousand ifs.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe I'm having to explain language use ... but here goes.

If you are forced to do X to achieve Y. Then
    1. You have a choice about Y
    2. If you intend to do Y, then you are forced to do X.

It is a conditional requirement... there is no ambiguity.

- - - Updated - - -

I've learned my lesson about providing links to examples - because which ever random link I provide of the thousands - people will whinge that the site is biased, or unreliable or fake or 'lol'.

So now I just sit in the downpour and tell them - if they want proof it is raining, just open your eyes. Because any one drop I bring to them isn't proof it is raining.
    Someone has to force you to do something for it to be forced. And, sorry not sorry, but saying they were forced is the kind of garbage people that think theft shouldn't be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/11/politi...ear/index.html

I really am not pleased about spreading fear. People are keeping their kids home from school and are worried about opening their doors!
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...ion-crackdown/

Of the 160 arrested, about 150 had criminal histories, while five more had either been previously deported or had “final orders of removal”. Many of those arrested had prior felony convictions for “serious or violent offenses” including child sex crimes and assault.

Good. If you're here illegally, then you should be scared shitless the law will come down on you. These people have gotten a free pass for far too long. It's time to clean house.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Good. If you're here illegally, then you should be scared shitless the law will come down on you. These people have gotten a free pass for far too long. It's time to clean house.
    And what about the people hiring them and creating the demand for them? Until you take them to task, you aren't fixing anything.

The ones hiring and exploiting them are the ones doing the damage and until you start attacking the problems instead of the symptoms of the problem, you will never accomplish anything.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

They have nothing to worry about unless they are also convicted felons.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    They have nothing to worry about unless they are also convicted felons.
    Didn't they just change the rules where being here illegally automatically counted as a felony? Honest question because I remember hearing that so they could try and puff up the numbers by just declaring all of them as felons.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Didn't they just change the rules where being here illegally automatically counted as a felony? Honest question because I remember hearing that so they could try and puff up the numbers by just declaring all of them as felons.
    If that actually happened, I guarantee you we would have had a thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Not entirely, it would just be baked into one of the many immigration threads that were already run and if anyone made one it would be locked as duplicate anyways.

I think we can all agree that it's great to see these ICE agents out doing what they're paid to do. Finally, Americans getting back to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Not entirely, it would just be baked into one of the many immigration threads that were already run and if anyone made one it would be locked as duplicate anyways.
    Nah. They'd sell it as a blame Trump thread and would be greenlit because we need fifteen Trump threads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Should have come here legally, instead of breaking the law.

Nah. They'd sell it as a blame Trump thread and would be greenlit because we need fifteen Trump threads.
    Nah, doubt it, I have seen plenty of duplicate Trump threads locked for being repeats. Getting 15 Trump threads could be easy without being repeats given the man.

He is Homer Simpson at best and more like Jeoffry Lanister in practice. He is giving enough unique stuff to debate and shit talk him for with ease.