Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    No, but something that looks intimidating might discourage an attacker to attack you in the first place.
    A piece of wood that looks like a gun, but hollowed out to fit a pepper sprayer in.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I think that anyone who has a clue about self defense also understands the mental aspect of it.
    I believe the technical term is "compensating".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Maybe he should carry a Klingon Bat'leth then.

I mean, why not?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I think that anyone who has a clue about self defense also understands the mental aspect of it.

Thanks for valuable information.
    If you're in fear for your life you won't care how you appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you don't know how to handle a gun, don't buy one. If something is for personal defense, pepper spray will work just fine in most circumstances.
    *nods*
    We do agree on some things...

Pepper spray is small and concealable, someone might not see it and think "Hey look, a helpless victim". Something that is noticeable and conspicuous would make them think "Nope, not going to screw with this guy."
    Or they could think "wow, he uses exactly what I know how to take from him and use on him!" if you happen across a smart criminal...

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    With my luck, I would only ever encounter criminals and animals that are able to withstand the torture those pump out...

I would be a sucky criminal, my pain tolerance is in the negative...
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-12 at 06:41 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Just run around in one of these bad boys.

No one messes with a T-rex.

Pepper spray is small and concealable, someone might not see it and think "Hey look, a helpless victim". Something that is noticeable and conspicuous would make them think "Nope, not going to screw with this guy."
    He's not going to carry a gun in his hand while walking in the streets, he just wants to be able to defend himself if anyone assaulted him.
    Last edited by Ashkiman; 2017-02-12 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Not sure tho

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Whistles can be used for defensive purposes. Maybe get a leather or camo holster for it so it looks more edgy.

Is that the "come back and kick me!" whistle?

OT: Get a restraining order against whoever threatened you. If you fear your safety from the general public, then get a shrink.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Whistles can be used for defensive purposes. Maybe get a leather or camo holster for it so it looks more edgy.

I've always wondered what a horn would be like for self-defense. Just toot it in people's faces.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Or they could think "wow, he uses exactly what I know how to take from him and use on him!" if you happen across a smart criminal...
    Smart criminal.

lel.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.

How effective is a gas gun versus run-of-the-mill pepper spray?

Why increase the potential danger by carrying a firearm-like device and how is it less cumbersome than pepper spray?

Seems weird to go to a gas pistol as the first line of defense.

Smart criminal.

lel.
    Smart enough to take it from him, sure. Smart enough to not get caught by the police after he does so? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How effective is a gas gun versus run-of-the-mill pepper spray?

Why increase the potential danger by carrying a firearm-like device and how is it less cumbersome than pepper spray?

Seems weird to go to a gas pistol as the first line of defense.
    pretty sure this whole thread boils down to the OP wanting to look edgy.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

We have some bizarre air gun laws in my home country of Italy.

In Italy, any mechanism that produces a muzzle energy higher than 7.5 joules is considered a "low-power air gun", which anyone at least 18 years of age can purchase and use without licence or registration. However, any device developing a muzzle energy equal to, or higher than, 7.5 joules is considered a "high-power air gun", requiring Police licensing and registration for purchase and detention just like any firearm. But... Bows, crossbows and similar are exempt from this rule.

What I'm getting at is,

The guy in the video says to use matches and cotton swabs, but needles and thumbtacks work just fine. Aim for the cojones, and hold nothing back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Smart enough to take it from him, sure. Smart enough to not get caught by the police after he does so? I dunno.
    Smart criminals don't mug people in the street, they work for banks and the government.

Smart criminals don't mug people in the street, they work for banks and the government.
    I am not using the word smart to refer to legal choices only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double post for some reason...? Self edited out.