So I went to Area 52 to buy the replica Grand Marshal gear...

...planning to transmog my one-hand BoA swords into the GM Slicer, only to find all of the items locked. Now, I can buy them just fine on my vanilla paladin that has an old school PvP title, but not with my alt rogue. This effing sucks! I was so looking forward to be able to transmog those fugly Dal'Rends.

/sadface

Blizz probably got a lot of complain about this. Have they given their official stance on this matter?
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

Working as intended, I don't think they got "a lot of" complains about this.

It's been since like, forever, that you can't use old PvP gear for transmog unless you have the title. I think you're a little behind in complaining =)

They did make it that if you get the appropriate achievement from RBG you can get the transmog though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermaplugg yer butt View Post
    ...planning to transmog my one-hand BoA swords into the GM Slicer, only to find all of the items locked. Now, I can buy them just fine on my vanilla paladin that has an old school PvP title, but not with my alt rogue. This effing sucks! I was so looking forward to be able to transmog those fugly Dal'Rends.

/sadface

Blizz probably got a lot of complain about this. Have they given their official stance on this matter?
    There were few complaints but many many whines that it is not fair that a character that did not achieve this cannot use it as transmog. One of the few things Blizz has almost left as meaning something in a game nerfed down for 8 year olds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

It's per character, not per account. If you want to use the replica gear on a character that doesn't have the titles from Vanilla, go get 1800+ RBG rating on the character that you want to be able to use them.

That is their official stance.

You can also use it if you get 1800+ RBG Rating. Not only oldschool titles.

Beaten to it :<
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    There were few complaints but many many whines that it is not fair that a character that did not achieve this cannot use it as transmog. One of the few things Blizz has almost left as meaning something in a game nerfed down for 8 year olds.
    This statement is so false to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    I can understand that, but also it's the player that got the title, not the character. My paladin is in a dead server and I haven't played him for years. It sucks that Blizzard doesn't at least lets you transfer titles or that kind of stuff, at a much lower price than a character transfer. I think that could be a solution.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand that, but also it's the player that got the title, not the character. My paladin is in a dead server and I haven't played him for years. It sucks that Blizzard doesn't at least lets you transfer titles or that kind of stuff, at a much lower price than a character transfer. I think that could be a solution.
    there is a solution, its to go get a 1800 rating in RBG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    This is the solution indeed. You gotta work for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    So, how do Rated BGs work? How long does it take to get that rating? Im not hardcore nor a casual player, somewhere in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how do Rated BGs work? How long does it take to get that rating? Im not hardcore nor a casual player, somewhere in between.
    In all honesty, most players who don't put a ton of time into RBGs float somewhere around 1500 RBG rating. Pushing up to 1800 (or higher) takes finding a steady team on your server who needs your class, or being very very dedicated to finding teams on Oqueue and pushing.

You're very likely to need to have a mic, voice chat and be very vocal, as well as a good player.

Oh wow, learned something new today. I'd assumed the Level 60 PVP gear was just no longer available (without the title). If only I wasn't god-awful at PVP...
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    Oh wow, learned something new today. I'd assumed the Level 60 PVP gear was just no longer available (without the title). If only I wasn't god-awful at PVP...
    Loved the paladin gear, but can't stand RBG's. Maybe one day they'll make the Vanilla titles account wide :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

My Mage is a Grand Marshal so if I make a Mage on a different server I can still transmog the Replica stuff.. And I have a rank 8 Rogue, but for some reason any other Rogue I make cant transmog it.. Not sure why

Deleted
    Only the armor is locked. The weapons have been accountwide. My Shammy walks around with the shield teansmogged, and my DK uses the one handed swords as mog. But the achievement was made on my Warrior. Ofcourse he did had to buy all the weapons to add them to the wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Yes.

It's per character, not per account. If you want to use the replica gear on a character that doesn't have the titles from Vanilla, go get 1800+ RBG rating on the character that you want to be able to use them.

That is their official stance.
    Wait, you only need 1800+ for the epic mog?

Is this for all seasons of PvP or just the most current one? IIRC my Mage was never able to mog it and he has ~1950 as his highest RBG rating. Obviously not during Legion (he's not even 110 yet).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Is it only RBG? Can't you also get it with something like a 2k arena rating ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    Ofcourse he did had to buy all the weapons to add them to the wardrobe.
    That is what I overlooked for quite a long time. I was wondering why I could use the weapons on some characters, but not others - until I found out that I just had not bought any that those characters can use for Transmog. Needless to say that I felt preeeetty stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Is it only RBG? Can't you also get it with something like a 2k arena rating ?
    No, it's tied to an achievement. The achievement that unlocks it is Knight-captain for Alliance and Legionnaire for Horde. That achievement can only be obtained by getting 1800 RBG rating if you didn't have it from vanilla.