Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    IMO that's a fairly sloppy draw on his part. Likely to shoot himself in the buttocks or femoral artery.
    One can only hope...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Not without a good lawyer.
    Certainly not in Portland...

After brandishing the gun holstered in his pants, I doubt there was any need to actually draw it. I'd advise him to pick another career if he is that frightened by protesters.
    You'd think that, but watch the video and you'll see at least two guys getting right up on him, one of which even pushes him, AFTER the gun was already drawn. They didn't fear him (I believe) since they assumed at that point he wouldn't shoot.

Don't get me wrong, as a gun owner, I generally avoid situations that might require me to confront an angry mob with a pistol. I don't like when either side does this "in your face" journalism crap either. Does that mean he doesn't have a right to be there unmolested? Of course not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Was this one of those peaceful protests were they beat people with bats or actual peaceful one?

Given the group involved i suspect the former but I am not sure.
    I do not understand why people wear masks to a peaceful protest. Do they really think there will be repercussions in Portland for protesting for liberal causes?

I mean, other than like if it's cold and you need to cover up. I'm in Florida so we don't have that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    He should shoot 1 or 2 people.
    Then these people will chase him.

He is self defense.
    The people who chase him will be charged with attempted Murder !
    If he had shot anyone he would have been the one charged with murder or attempted murder.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The fact that some of them aggressively approached and were just about to turn on the person, trying to get the safe passage in order to de-escalate the situation, tells me a different story.
    Someone giving you looks you don't like is not a reason to pull a gun on them, as the Court ruled. You need to have a reasonable fear for your life; given that he was at a protest, with no one rushing him or being armed, in broad daylight and in front of cameras, the actual likelihood of him being lethally assaulted is minuscule. And no, the fact that there were masked people doesn't mean these were a bunch of ''radical left-wing antifada terrorists'' or whatever the buzzword du jour is.

Plus, who brings five freaking magazines to a protest they want to cover? Does he think he's John Wick or something? This smeels of a guy wanting trouble to find him so he can write about it on his blog.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Wow, that's pretty stupid... like, really stupid. >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Plus, who brings five freaking magazines to a protest they want to cover? Does he think he's John Wick or something? This smeels of a guy wanting trouble to find him so he can write about it on his blog.
    Sounds about right to me.
    He wanted internet fame...or something.
    Now he has something else to write about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    No jury. During jury selection, the potential jurors made statements that portrayed them as anti-gun to his mind, so he didn't think he'd have a fair trial and left it up to the judge to issue a verdict.
    Another strike against the corrupt unaccountable unelected activist judges.

Someone giving you looks you don't like is not a reason to pull a gun on them, as the Court ruled. You need to have a reasonable fear for your life; given that he was at a protest, with no one rushing him or being armed, in broad daylight and in front of cameras, the actual likelihood of him being lethally assaulted is minuscule. And no, the fact that there were masked people doesn't mean these were a bunch of ''radical left-wing antifada terrorists'' or whatever the buzzword du jour is.

When they aggressively engage the guy who was only helping de-escalating the situation, I got heavy doubts they were just giving the conservative journalist the stinky eye, when this white devil decided to pull a gun on them

You won't hear argument from me about how clumsy and inexperienced he was dealing with the entire situation - there's a reason why I said that I won't be upset if he isn't allowed to carry a gun in the future.

I didn't look for videos, but did they ever actually show him having the ammo on him? I doubt he had 7 magazines with him, certainly don't see any in the few pictures I've seen, so did he have 123 rounds loaded in magazines strapped to his vest, or did he have 1 magazine in the gun and a couple boxes of bullets in the car in a range bag? Not that his preparedness should make a difference, really, since he DIDN'T gun down a crowd. Just curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Another strike against the corrupt unaccountable unelected activist judges.
    As I said, I assume this guy was offered a plea bargain. Charging him with 10 counts (did they get 10 people to file charges?) of 2 charges each just seems like stacking charges so when you offer the guy 2 felonies he takes it. This guy thought "fuck that, my rights!" and "lets put this to a jury, they'll show you!" I guess, then got a jury pool of folks that didn't agree with him and realized he was fucked, maybe the judge would treat him okay...

Deleted
    CaLling them buzzwords doesn't amke the threat posed go away.
    People have been assaulted, even in front of police, and put at serious risk.

How many should he have brought considering the violent mobs he may face?

15+ Year Old Account
    He looks like a hobo. Better spend less money on Glocks and more on clothing.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

From the OP link:

Jackson said Strickland's contention that he was in grave danger isn't believable, pointing out that Stickland reholstered his gun and stepped off the street and onto the sidewalk to give an interview in front of a TV camera just steps away from the scene of the confrontation.

"My life was in danger, I was surrounded by people," Strickland can be heard saying during the interview, which was shown in court.

Prosecutors said it was protesters who were scared for their lives as they screamed that Strickland had a gun and ran.

Strickland brought lots of bullets -- 123 -- to the protest with him, prosecutors said. He didn't fire off any rounds during the incident.

The trial was watched by both gun proponents and opponents.

----------------------------

This guy is obviously a contestant for the Darwin Awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    How many should he have brought considering the violent mobs he may face?
    Literally 0. That escalates the situation and there's no way he would survive if he started shooting. He might take down some....but as soon as he starts to reload he would be overtaken by the rest and killed in self-defense. 123 bullets vs several thousand people who you just shot at. But math and reason don't tend to agree with conservative "journalists".

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Arresting them for what? Do I need to link the first amendment to you? You can only arrest so many people. The jails are already full. Not a lot of room there for people standing on the street with signs in their hands.

The people smashing up starbucks and lighting shit on fire, of course, arrest them, but you can't just grab up 1000 people and arrest them.
    People like you, who refuse to read, need to stop responding to people. He said "who are starting riots, and assaulting people". Your post screams "I only read the first 13 words".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

wow what a retard... common sense might be foreign to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Literally 0. That escalates the situation and there's no way he would survive if he started shooting. He might take down some....but as soon as he starts to reload he would be overtaken by the rest and killed in self-defense. 123 bullets vs several thousand people who you just shot at. But math and reason don't tend to agree with conservative "journalists".
    There was an old scene in a movie, where 3 guys are advancing on someone, who pulls a derringer. "There's three of us and you only have two bullets!" "okay, so which two of you want to get shot?"

If he'd started shooting, no one would be charging him. There is a risk the police might have shot him, certainly, but lets not pretend this was some unified mob vs a lone gunman, rather than 10 guys vs 1 guy.

120+ rounds is a bit wacky for him to carry. I conceal a CZ P-07 which is 15+1 and one spare magazine, so 31 rounds total. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    120+ rounds is a bit wacky for him to carry. I conceal a CZ P-07 which is 15+1 and one spare magazine, so 31 rounds total. lol
    Yeah, assuming that's a 19, so 16 in the gun, you've got another 107 to account for among various 15/17/33 rd mags, and no mags visible in the picture at the start of the thread. Maybe they were in his backpack, but I don't expect specific gun details from the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Yeah, assuming that's a 19, so 16 in the gun, you've got another 107 to account for among various 15/17/33 rd mags, and no mags visible in the picture at the start of the thread. Maybe they were in his backpack, but I don't expect specific gun details from the news.
    My guess they were in his backpack.

I have a "bug out bag" locked up in my safe with eight 30 round CZ EVO magazines in it, but I never bring it out till I am traveling to training classes in Atlanta.

Edit: Then again, if I am traveling to a training class chances are I have 1,000+ rounds on me anyhow. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    My guess they were in his backpack.

I have a "bug out bag" locked up in my safe with eight 30 round CZ EVO magazines in it, but I never bring it out till I am traveling to training classes in Atlanta.

Edit: Then again, if I am traveling to a training class chances are I have 1,000+ rounds on me anyhow. lmao
    That's why I'm curious, were they in his backpack? In his car? 123 rounds is a lot to carry on you at one time, but outside of that it's a what, a half hour at the range? :-p

I made a 300blk ar pistol takedown to keep in a cooler bag in the trunk, now I've changed it to a 9mm ar. I doubt I'll ever use it, obviously, but hey, just in case.

Meanwhile most of the folks in this thread would be wondering about having 3X32, so 96 evil bullets! And an Assault Weapon! Why would I ever neeeed that! It's even built from an 80%, so it's one of those "ghost guns!" with no serial number!!!!!! (I'll probably get it engraved anyway, just to make it easier to explain.)