The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I mean it's kinda silly to judge anyone for their play style choices in eso unless it directly conflicts with a build. Going all stamina and wearing light armor comes to mind...But using different weapons or suboptimal builds because you just like it? That's like the core of eso design to be honest. You could technically pick any class and use only weapon and armor talents to make yourself something else. Sorcerer who is a warrior? Just go 1 hand and shield with heavy armor. Nothing says you can't other than people on the internet.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sorcerer who is a warrior?
    My favorite ESO character has this theme. 2H sorcerer that plays like a warrior. I use magic barriers and shocks with closing skills and then just smash things. I find it to be pretty effective and fun. I mean a more logical way to play would be a 2h Templar but... I like electricity more than holy power.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    BM hunters were really shitty through WotLK, yet I topped the damage through Ulduar, ICC and Naxx. It's all about skills
    Or playing with bads that makes you look good

Deleted
    i've tried looking for optimal builds for ESO but couldn't really find a place to look for those so I just played how I enjoy playing and learn along the way. It's actually quite refreshing. Usually I tend to follow a build from the get-go so I don't have to worry about respeccing at endgame and whatever complications that might bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Or playing with bads that makes you look good
    Nah, we were the fourth best raiding guild of our server at the time.

Skill > Flavor of the month

Sup guys I'm coming from from a very long time away, debating over Stam DK and Sorc, for a mostly solo player what seems to be my best options to try out? I''ve heard stam for both dk and sorc and have heard of pet sorc also..

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying a Stam NB that primarily uses a bow

I don't get this game. I've tried to download it. First time I tried a few months the download time was so slow it would have taken weeks to download. I tried again a few days ago, and the down loader was flat out broken. I can't play this in spite of actually trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I don't get this game. I've tried to download it. First time I tried a few months the download time was so slow it would have taken weeks to download. I tried again a few days ago, and the down loader was flat out broken. I can't play this in spite of actually trying.
    Yeah. They still have not fixed the Launcher for Windows 10, I had the same problems. Solution: right click on the launcher -> run as administrator. This helps and makes it work normally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Yeah. They still have not fixed the Launcher for Windows 10, I had the same problems. Solution: right click on the launcher -> run as administrator. This helps and makes it work normally.
    Nope, bought this game on steam and the download already fucked me so hard I just dont want to install it anymore. Dont understand how they can have it like that.. Launcher Error that stops after it loaded to 100%. Tried every solution Steamdownload 59gb - Stops working
    started as admin, java, c++ update etc.
    Downloaded old launcher Loaded again 50gb. Cant make it launch from Steam so its useless - Try binding it to steam - steam deletes files.

Now I have to download it again and even then i dont know how to make it work.
    I would love to try the game but not going to invest even more time to figure out how their launcher works -.-
    edit: Im not new to finding fixes for game installs and possible errors but never experienced such a hopeless cause like on this launcher combined with this steam shit.
    Last edited by mmoc5f76ab2d3b; 2017-02-12 at 07:50 PM.

just out of curiosity. are people having trouble with downloading the game - all have steam version? because I have the non steam version of the game and had exactly zero issues with getting the game onto my new windows 10 computer. took a few hours to download mostly cause living in a boonies=mediocre connection speeds. but other then that - it pretty much worked immediately. maybe I was just lucky... but my friend whom I got the copy of the game over the holidays as a gift (then non steam copy) didn't have any issues either.

so maybe its something that should be taken up with steam?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    just out of curiosity. are people having trouble with downloading the game - all have steam version? because I have the non steam version of the game and had exactly zero issues with getting the game onto my new windows 10 computer. took a few hours to download mostly cause living in a boonies=mediocre connection speeds. but other then that - it pretty much worked immediately. maybe I was just lucky... but my friend whom I got the copy of the game over the holidays as a gift (then non steam copy) didn't have any issues either.

so maybe its something that should be taken up with steam?
    We wanted to play the game as a group of 3 people. One bought it in retail - NP
    One bought in Steam before the sale - NP
    I bought on Steam on sale - Cant make it work.

Im the only one with gold version tho.

I also suspect Steam. Such a massive hassle. Trying it since thursday

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't you use it without Steam regardless of you buying it from there? Remove the middle man.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbongbrothers View Post
    We wanted to play the game as a group of 3 people. One bought it in retail - NP
    One bought in Steam before the sale - NP
    I bought on Steam on sale - Cant make it work.

Im the only one with gold version tho.

I also suspect Steam. Such a massive hassle. Trying it since thursday
    it really does sound like steam specific gold edition issue. cause I got my friend a gold version and its working fine, but it was downloaded directly from ESO website.

sorry you are having this problems maybe return on steam and buy direct? the sale (50%) seems to be the same. (although as far as I know Zenimax doesn't offer refunds the way steam does, I mean in FAQ they do say that you can contact customer support, so it might be possible?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Can't you use it without Steam regardless of you buying it from there? Remove the middle man.
    If I launch the game I only can login with my steam acc and since steam doesnt accept it as installed and and wants to DL the whole game again.

might just try to refund it if it doesnt work tomorrow (trying steam dl again overnight) like witchblade Suggested.

We were so hyped for the game and im so dried out now because of these complications to just run the game. >.>

dont have the steam version but it took ages to download it.
    a friend of mine had the same problem and I waited till he finished downloading it because it was (just a bit) faster than mine

15+ Year Old Account
    If I launch the game I only can login with my steam acc and since steam doesnt accept it as installed and and wants to DL the whole game again.

might just try to refund it if it doesnt work tomorrow (trying steam dl again overnight) like witchblade Suggested.

We were so hyped for the game and im so dried out now because of these complications to just run the game. >.>
    Steam made you create an ESO account somehow, right? Or you got some key or something? Just use the normal non-Steam launcher and download the game. Login with your ESO account.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Steam made you create an ESO account somehow, right? Or you got some key or something? Just use the normal non-Steam launcher and download the game. Login with your ESO account.
    Nope they didnt thats the problem. I had an account in the beta back then so I tried loggin in from there to "link this account to my steam ESO License" then it of course said "This account doesnt have a license" bla and if I bought the Steam Version of the Game I have to start up the launcher via steam.

Cant link the non-steam downloaded version in your Steam account that it's an accepted steam version. Sounds bullshit, but it is bullshit. I tried nearly everything that ranged from updating the "mandatory" things to delete specific data fragments etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope they didnt thats the problem. I had an account in the beta back then so I tried loggin in from there to "link this account to my steam ESO License" then it of course said "This account doesnt have a license" bla and if I bought the Steam Version of the Game I have to start up the launcher via steam.

Cant link the non-steam downloaded version in your Steam account that it's an accepted steam version. Sounds bullshit, but it is bullshit. I tried nearly everything that ranged from updating the "mandatory" things to delete specific data fragments etc.
    ...........you bought the game from Steam. Either 1. Steam made you an ESO account or 2. Steam gave you a game key (which you can see from your Games section in Steam).

So what you need to do is, either 1. log in on ESO site with the account Steam made you, or 2. register an ESO account at ESO website and enter the key provided by Steam on that account.

That's how it works on every single game I have bought from Steam. I haven't been using ESO from Steam, but I'm pretty sure it's like all the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for some clarification here:

I want to play a Khajiit, my friend wants to play an Orc. Can we quest together? Also since i still have the Pledge XP boost thingy from Imperial, can I use it with him on those characters or is that something thats faction restricted? Is there anything we can't do together other than PvP?