Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    I agree. I was just using your words in your context. Mainly to see if it was an anti-religion thing (re: those that subscribe to the given biases, obviously not ALL religions do) vs an anti-Muslim thing.
    Considering I spent a good 3 years teaching English in both Bangladesh and India, I am very much against the Religion, and I think it's a burden on many wonderful people.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    So, again, you'd divert attention - and real time - and real resources - On a marginal threat, that already has very functioning counteractions - For the purpose of..... what, again?
    Literally zero attention is being diverted from an agency that works strictly on a national level, versus an agency that works solely internationally. Two different entities, two different fundings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We already have safeguards in place to vet people prior to arriving here from suspect countries. Giving into fear-mongering and eroding human rights in the name of security not only helps the terrorists win (literally and figuratively) but damages us as a people.

More white Christians have committed acts of terrorism and killed more people on American soil than any other terrorist group in the world in the past 15 years. Why aren't we preventing Christians from other countries from coming here? Why aren't we putting them all in camps just in case?
    lol scolds people "for giving into to fear mongering", then does his own fear mongering
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You realize that countries like Pakistan have had female heads of state, and the USA has not, right? That the USA just passed laws allowing for marriage equality, and has a very poor history of gay rights? Stop pretending there's some massive divide, here.
    And England has only two women prime ministers, but you still don't see Honor killings as a standard in England do you? Nice false Equivalences.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    No. I know exactly what Sharia Law is. I am opposed to it in all forms and all interpretations because it is never interpreted as a good thing.

Do a little fact checked, or will this hurt your narrative. Look up Women's rights in Sharia dominant countries. Look up the rights of Gay people, Look up Age of consent.

Am I being irrationally fearful where EVERYWHERE even in the "Moderate" Muslim places, that it seems to be a pretty big trend for these aspects of Sharia to manifest, regardless of the countries legal laws.

Rotheram was legal under Sharia Law. Am I supposed to forgive those Moderate Muslims?
    The laws were pretty similar in Christian nations for a very long time. The real question is, how do you get them to change? In the Christian countries, it was due to moderate reformers - a group of people who are just now starting to rise up in the Muslim world. So my argument would be that, while I sadly see no good short term solution, a decent long term solution is to help foster an environment where moderate Muslims can help transform their religion into something much more inline with the rest of what I would call the (mostly) civilized world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Literally zero attention is being diverted from an agency that works strictly on a national level, versus an agency that works solely internationally. Two different entities, two different fundings.
    I mean on a grander scale. If something is a very small, marginal threat - that is already very much contained - Why spend ANY resources, on that - when ANY resources, could be re-directed to account for greater threats?

It's just a Math equation - if not enough people are being damaged by X things, funnel the money for protection of X thing, to handle Y thing instead.

I am questioning the purpose of the very action, at all.

And what about the IRA bombers? Timothy McVeigh? The bomber of the Centennial Olympic Park? The Wisconsin Sikh temple shooter? Dylan Roof?

You act like it's somehow uniquely Islamic, and it's not. Islamic terrorism isn't occurring due to their faith, it's geopolitical. Which is why they're comining largely from the Middle East, when most Muslims aren't Middle Eastern.
    This is disengenuous because radical Islam doesn't make any distinctions between geopolitics and faith. Sharia governs the entire facet of human existence.

Moreover it's systemic, the rest of your bomber examples are lone wolf types and thus not worth basing any policy around other than the general overarching anti terrorist/terrorism laws. You want to trot out all these "moderate" or Western Muslims who have an infinite variance in the degree of their practice of Islam as the defining example but it doesn't work like that because the problem is still Muslims, period. That they're coming from the M.E. is due to our destabilizing interventionism and cowboy actions there, if we were destabilizing Muslim Asia to the extent that we are the M.E. you'd be saying Asia instead, so the location doesn't matter, the existence of lukewarm to non practitioners doesn't matter.

What matters is that we've got a serious problem as does Europe with radical Islam that even as it moves into the West doesn't ever normalize and become compatible with the indigenous host population and there's no reason to believe that is going to change no matter how far we bend over backwards for these cavemen. Therefore not only pushing them out and returning them to their own lands but also stopping that aforementioned interventionist foreign policy is the only thing we can do. This is a oil and water situation at its core.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    lol scolds people "for giving into to fear mongering", then does his own fear mongering
    I think he was trying to show the potentially hypocrisy, not actually "fear mongering" and stating that we SHOULD do those things; but perhaps I misunderstood him.

The study broadened that analysis to include "use of a weapon of mass destruction, conspiracy to commit a terror act, material support of a terrorist or terror group, international money laundering conspiracy, possession of explosives or missiles, and unlawful possession of a machine gun. "
    While I am no politician, and could be wholly under-thinking this, the broadened analysis appears very reasonable. The people that fall into any of the above categories are very obviously considered a threat to the safety of others. That none have actively committed a terror attack does not preclude those with the means and motive from doing so in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Not a single "terrorist" from the seven countries Trump tried to ban has killed a single American on American soil since 9/11.

Not one.
    This is a wonderful fact, an we can only hope that it continues to remain such. But as we are all well aware, loss of life is not a requirement for an event to be classified as a terror attack.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure @Darsithis wasn't seriously suggesting that. And I'm pretty sure you also don't get sarcasm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am, 100%. Luckily, Muslims are preventable from spreading their Laws, we simply need to oppose the morality of the crazy right at home too. I just don't see the Hypocrisy people like Endus display.

Pence is a barbarian, but Muslims under Sharia are not?
    So do something about it, or did you actually vote the barbarian into office? Do something about the real threat instead of the imagined one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    This is a wonderful fact, an we can only hope that it continues to remain such. But as we are all well aware, loss of life is not a requirement for an event to be classified as a terror attack.
    That's true. Injury or property damage is also bad, just not as bad.

But um...I'm pretty sure the injuries and property damage from countries with confirmed kills, also outweigh the list of seven in both of those. I mean, those were two very large buildings in a very crowded city. So, it's still a reason to point out how horrifyingly flawed the list is, if the desire is purely to keep Americans safe from terrorism. Barring actionable intelligence, which the government declined to show any during the 9th circuit court case.

If you look up you might just catch a glimpse of the satire that just flew over your head
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That was fact-checked to death already...I realize you refuse to believe the facts, and like Trump insist on lying to people because of simple belief, but your sad beliefs aren't facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a thread about Islam?
    How does the Senate Report on Immigration (written mostly by Dems under Obama) not count as facts for you? Did you even read the link?

I know the Dems questioned facts during the election because the facts were all against them so that is the only way they could get nay votes but c'mon, give it up already.

I stand by the Senate's Report on Immigration (which is where the data comes from) as facts, you can question it if you want- that is all you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The laws were pretty similar in Christian nations for a very long time. The real question is, how do you get them to change? In the Christian countries, it was due to moderate reformers - a group of people who are just now starting to rise up in the Muslim world. So my argument would be that, while I sadly see no good short term solution, a decent long term solution is to help foster an environment where moderate Muslims can help transform their religion into something much more inline with the rest of what I would call the (mostly) civilized world.
    We are not living a very long time ago, Why import those backward values again? They won't reform their religion by assimilation. Do you think Muslims living in the western world is a new thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    If you look up you might just catch a glimpse of the satire that just flew over your head
    Just because he used satire in his fear mongering doesn't mean it's not fear mongering.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So do something about it, or did you actually vote the barbarian into office? Do something about the real threat instead of the imagined one.
    I don't understand how you people can go "Pence and Muslims want the same thing" and then go "Oh but Muslims are imaginary"

7+ Year Old Account
    We are not living a very long time ago, Why import those backward values again? They won't reform their religion by assimilation. Do you think Muslims living in the western world is a new thing?

You've never actually met an American Muslim, have you?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand how you people can go "Pence and Muslims want the same thing" and then go "Oh but Muslims are imaginary"

I see a threat where it exists, not in your mind. The made up threat of sharia law in your mind is closer to what the VP wants than what an American Muslim wants. If the sharia law that you fear is ever to become an actual threat in the us, it will be because of laws weakening the separation of church and state brought forth by the right, rather than the immigration of thoroughly vetted immigrants and refugees.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2017-02-12 at 06:32 PM.

Just because he used satire in his fear mongering doesn't mean it's not fear mongering.
    Kinda does really....since he's not seriously advocating putting christians into camps.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    And England has only two women prime ministers, but you still don't see Honor killings as a standard in England do you? Nice false Equivalences.
    Honor killings also aren't a standard in the Muslim world, either. So once again, you're lying about Muslims out of fear and hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    This is disengenuous because radical Islam doesn't make any distinctions between geopolitics and faith. Sharia governs the entire facet of human existence.
    This is bollocks. A lot of people don't draw firm distinctions between politics and their faith. It's by no means unique to extremist Muslims.

Moreover it's systemic, the rest of your bomber examples are lone wolf types and thus not worth basing any policy around other than the general overarching anti terrorist/terrorism laws.
    It's not "systemic". That's a straight-up lie. Islamic terrorism is an incredibly tiny fraction of Muslims worldwide. They may be more organized than lone wolf attackers like McVeigh, but they're not more organized than groups like the IRA.