Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Most Unbalanced PvP Expansion

The overall player gaming experience PvP wise is negative balance wise because Blizzard looks mainly at Arena. While adding new content such as outdoor daily PvP quest areas and new BG maps. Simple fact that PvP template is NOT applied on all PvP content areas and that just SUCKS.

Over the years we the players have come to understand the Blizzard PR hype machine which is full of s*ht. Blue posters make statements like 'we are happy overall with PvP balance" and then say 'looking at outdoor." Pretty much giving themselves a way to brush off what is nothing short of disgusting design that kills fun.

Why not activate PvP template any time PvP is engaged?

Go cry somewhere else.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

i would imagine it's because pvp servers also have world quests and it would remove all sense of progression if you were stuck at the same ilvl everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    i would imagine it's because pvp servers also have world quests and it would remove all sense of progression if you were stuck at the same ilvl everywhere.
    OK makes sense and I can accept that, though why not implement template when inside PvP World Quest areas seeing how you have a good number of players attacking each other in a free for all?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one has ever thought world PvP is what PvP is actually like.

1v1s have never been balanced and never will be, World PvP has never been balanced and never will be, that's what makes world PvP what it is. There were always gimmicky items and certain pieces of gear which contributed to that, too.

It's no worse than it's ever been, this is coming from someone that did world PvP for a long time on the side.

On a plus note, at least they nerfed tanks in the world and aren't they thinking about adding base resilience again?
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-02-12 at 03:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    BGs and Arenas: PvP is fine.

World PvP: Oh. My. Word. Let's just change how the world pvp works already... ;_:

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Go cry somewhere else.
    He's in the PvP forum, where exactly did you want him to go with this? Nice contribution though.

Deleted
    PvP is worst then ever. Even vanila PvP was bigger fun.

+ block tank specs from BGs etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    BGs and Arenas: PvP is fine.

World PvP: Oh. My. Word. Let's just change how the world pvp works already... ;_:
    If it's fine, why is the pvp participation at an all time low?
    Imo pvp is straight up awful this expansion, in the past I've enjoyed pvp so much that I would sit in bgs and kill stuff while I was online. Now I don't feel like doing pvp at all, they pruned too many fun and skillful abilities while not doing much to cc.
    The perfect pvp for me would be with high damage, few and short ccs and a few abilities to avoid or break out of cc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    If it's fine, why is the pvp participation at an all time low?
    Imo pvp is straight up awful this expansion, in the past I've enjoyed pvp so much that I would sit in bgs and kill stuff while I was online. Now I don't feel like doing pvp at all, they pruned too many fun and skillful abilities while not doing much to cc.
    The perfect pvp for me would be with high damage, few and short ccs and a few abilities to avoid or break out of cc.
    Just personal opinions, I could very well be wrong:

I do feel it's more balanced now and I do feel that it's a good thing that newcomers to the PvP won't be absolutely murdered and be put off by all the people who has all the top gear. PvP should be equal in stats, only thing that should matter is a person's skill in the game. MAYBE some way to trade some effects in some fields to tune down in order for other effects to tune up.

...That being said, one reason I believe that it's an all time low (if this is actually true)... there is no sense of progression. Which the gear used to do. And it's not that you get that much of fancy cosmetic items because, well. You get them from PvE too, just a different colour version. And the other reason, which you said, they pruned too much. (Retribution here so, imagine the fun I have when my boots of speed legendary won't work and I run after people like a SNAIL.)

And I totally understand what you mean with the high damage, few and short CCs and few ways to break out of them (I also really liked the old system so if someone casts a spell, the more they are hit, the longer their cast will take.) but the problem is pretty obvious now in the world pvp: some classes can murder another in a few seconds (Demon Hunters) and some can't beat another class for aaaages.

This is why I feel they should redo the world PvP and make it so that it's not toggled on everywhere, and on just those servers (PvE servers are not effected) there are some zones you do quests in which has Alliance vs Horde conflicts, and in THOSE areas, the PvP stats in BGs and Arenas toggles on.

Deleted
    It's basically balanced around pre-mades in rated instances.

The question is if there are enough people that play rated vs random to make this a legit development choice these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It's basically balanced around pre-mades in rated instances.
    Not so much - read about the abominations in premade bg's - swarwming with monks and balance drudis.
    Also - blue poster not so long ago said that Blizzard is going to address the issues with world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapral View Post
    Not so much - read about the abominations in premade bg's - swarwming with monks and balance drudis.
    Also - blue poster not so long ago said that Blizzard is going to address the issues with world pvp.
    By adding blanket resilience, a twice-failed mechanic that theyre recycling out of desperation due to their own inability to do basic math.

Its not going to make anything better. My Blood DK will be immortal in wPvP, that should be fun for everyone.

nothing to do with pvp not being balanced
    everything to do with classes and by extension pvp not being fun

fix the horrible designed for raiding every keybind must be used in raiding class design and pvp will become popular again

Class balance is the be all and end all, it will solve everything. If only every class and comp were viable in pvp the game would be extremely fun and extremely involved and skill based; it would be the best it ever was because class balance is the only thing that matters.

Right guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Class balance is the be all and end all, it will solve everything. If only every class and comp were viable in pvp the game would be extremely fun and extremely involved and skill based; it would be the best it ever was because class balance is the only thing that matters.

Right guys?

Correct. This is the biggest problem with PVP right now, class balance. Some classes burst is just extremely OP. While some classes heading is extremely OP. I mean why in 95% of RBGs I run are there 2-3 MWs as healers? And team fighting against them is retarded. Why does no one bring shamans? Or HPals? Why 2 boomies and 2 DHs? I mean I know wow has always had favorable combs but this expac and ever since 7.1.5 it seems nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    No one has ever thought world PvP is what PvP is actually like.

1v1s have never been balanced and never will be, World PvP has never been balanced and never will be, that's what makes world PvP what it is. There were always gimmicky items and certain pieces of gear which contributed to that, too.

It's no worse than it's ever been, this is coming from someone that did world PvP for a long time on the side.

On a plus note, at least they nerfed tanks in the world and aren't they thinking about adding base resilience again?
    Actually vanilla pvp was more like a rock paper scissor system than the current "I own 7 out of the 12 classes in this game" crap we have now. Legion has been trash for pvpers and we have classes/specs that can keyboard smash to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    Correct. This is the biggest problem with PVP right now, class balance. Some classes burst is just extremely OP. While some classes heading is extremely OP. I mean why in 95% of RBGs I run are there 2-3 MWs as healers? And team fighting against them is retarded. Why does no one bring shamans? Or HPals? Why 2 boomies and 2 DHs? I mean I know wow has always had favorable combs but this expac and ever since 7.1.5 it seems nuts.
    I was being sarcastic, imo balance isn't the major problem because the game itself is shit. The gameplay is boring and simplified and the skill ceiling is low; class balance will not change this, the game will still be shit but you'll have more shit to play with.

"World PvP

This is a topic we've been discussing a lot recently. We agree that damage feels rather high in World PvP situations and we're considering some changes. First, we removed base resilience coming into Legion because we adjusted the rate at which health pools scale with respect to damage. In the past, player damage tended to outpace a character's health pool making damage feel stronger as an expansion went on. We made some adjustments to that system but we've found through playtesting with the templates that we've had to decrease damage and increase health to get damage pacing to a good spot.

In a future patch, we're considering adding in some base resilience to bring damage and health ratios closer to where they are with our pvp templates (and the adjusting those templates to compensate). It should make for better damage pacing in the outside world."

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I was being sarcastic, imo balance isn't the major problem because the game itself is shit. The gameplay is boring and simplified and the skill ceiling is low; class balance will not change this, the game will still be shit but you'll have more shit to play with.
    I would say, balance is a major problem (as it has always been, btw), but, in addition to that (differently from past seasons/exps/years), there's also all the stuff you added "...the gameplay is boring and simplified and the skill ceiling is low..." and much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Troma View Post
    "In a future patch, we're considering adding in some base resilience to bring damage and health ratios closer to where they are with our pvp templates (and the adjusting those templates to compensate). It should make for better damage pacing in the outside world."
    "In a future patch, we're considering adding band-aid fixes (pvp resilience) together with the other band-aid fixes we have already implemented (the usual "class x will do y% less damage in pvp next patch"), on top of past band-aid fixes (templates, pvp talents) on a band-aided aspect of the game (pvp). Good luck with that Gul'dan kill!"