Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Isn't Knight of the old Republic really really good? That's what i hear all the time and i think i'm still missing out at this point... but another game to add to backlog.... for only 1€.... More punctuations.......

It really is really good.

I highly recommend it and the sequel KotOR2.

Repayability is faily high in them, what with the actual choices that ACTUALLY have consequences to them.

And just to note: First has only a Light/Dark side ending.....KotOR2 has Light/Dark/Grey (Neutral).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    This is actually a huge risk, you don't necessarily have to visit a profile voluntarily for this kind of exploit to happen. They are most often used in ways you don't even notice. Most common is to include that page into a hidden part of any random web page. If you're logged in on Steam in your browser, then you'll also be logged in in that hidden window you won't even notice, and any script in it will run as they normally would. That's the most common way XSS vulnerabilities are used. It only takes a few minutes to set up that kind of things for someone familiar with web dev and security.

That's also a good reason to block ads, as some ads could include that hidden page too (or the code to ask your browser to create it).

Remember kids, log out of everything.

(also, bug was fixed, looks like they took it seriously)
    I agree. The other issue for me is that I check out people's profiles from SteamGifts or if I trade. Now that's a big risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Isn't Knight of the old Republic really really good? That's what i hear all the time and i think i'm still missing out at this point... but another game to add to backlog.... for only 1€.... More punctuations.......

The graphics are pretty dated. If that doesn't matter to you, they're pretty good games, if a bit clunky on the control side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The HB Bandai bundle with Zestiria has had some new games added to 2nd tier:
    Pac man, Dig dug and Galaga
    Attractio
    Meh, kinda bummed at the additions, they're not terribly interesting to me. Oh well, the rest of the beat the average bundle was good and I've been enjoying Warhammer, as flawed and unfinished as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Looks like another Star Wars bundle is upon us:

https://www.humblebundle.com/star-wars-3-bundle
    Oh man, KOTOR 1&2, Galactic Battlegrounds, Battlefront 2, and Jedi Outcast all for $10? Never been a flight sim kinda guy so the rest in the first two tiers doesn't interest me and I already own Force Unleashed on PS3. I may go for the $14 tier for Empire at War though... Gah! I already have too many games but damn!

And then the new Humble Monthly has Total War: Warhammer! Curse you Humble and your killer deals! I have only just barely scratched the surface of the Namco bundle. All these little purchases are adding up and at this rate, there is no chance I will ever play everything. Side note, having a lot of fun with Enslaved. The additions to the Namco bundle, a Portal knock off and a few arcade classics, are pretty "meh" however.

Lots of great games in there (and lots of average/bad ones too )
    Which ones are worth looking at? I recognize hardly any names listed... or was that sarcasm, and all of them are awful?

It looks like G2A is trying to go legit. They have a new monthly bundle:

https://www.g2a.com/game-deals?

€1.50 for a monthly subscription and €2.50 for a once off purchase.

Apparently it's done in cooperation with the developers. The games this month are Superhot, Lords of the Fallen, Dirt 3, Syberia and Syberia 2.

I bought the once off purchase and didn't encounter any G2A shenanigans. I didn't need to log in, no Paypal subscription activated, etc. Went smoothly.

Edit: The keys apparently expire on April 10, 2017 so if they haven't been activated by that date then you will lose them.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-02-11 at 02:01 AM.

They can still go fuck themselves forever as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They can still go fuck themselves forever as far as I'm concerned.
    It's only my second purchase from them and only because it's be done in cooperation with the devs. My previous one had some issues with some shield subscription which I battled to clear. I was testing the water with this purchase and went through with it because I didn't need any account or anything like that. Just a purchase in the same way that one would get something from a bundle site.

Also, Superhot hasn't been below $13.57 so it's a great deal if you want that game.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-02-11 at 01:39 AM.

If someone wants a Syberia, Syberia II, or DiRT 3 Complete Edition key; then send me a PM.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2017-02-12 at 09:26 PM.

Steam is getting rid of greenlight and making the game submission fee into a fee between 100 - 5000$ supposedly,.
    think thisll get rid of the asset flipping trash?

e.g. per game, instead of a one time fee.

http://steamed.kotaku.com/valve-kill...ght-1792225494
    Last edited by bbr; 2017-02-11 at 02:04 PM.

More unused keys i won't activate to grab:

Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Greenlight system is broken as hell, sounds like really great news to me. Current system is way too easy to abuse, just give away keys for anything and you're on the store. 5k would seem good to me, any serious developer should be able to pay that.
    Except as they mentioned in one of the articles I read, if they set it to high it would hurt Indie Developers who don't have a lot of spare funds to do something like that and could hinder decent titles.

I am a person that watches a lot of trash get uploaded to Steam via Jim Sterling's channel. However, I would gladly take our current state of Steam over one that is too overzealous and overcharges developers so much so that they are unable to put their title up on Steam. A better solution than requiring $5,000 would be to, you know, enforce a certain quality standard. Sure, that's subjective, but let's start with games that are able to fucking launch. I hate Valve's complete hands-off approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except as they mentioned in one of the articles I read, if they set it to high it would hurt Indie Developers who don't have a lot of spare funds to do something like that and could hinder decent titles.
    There is a happy medium. For example, they could charge a smallish amount for the first game and ramp it up as the developer releases more games. Alternatively they could charge a fair amount but take some of it off the first developer sales. Release garbage and you aren't going to get anything back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I am a person that watches a lot of trash get uploaded to Steam via Jim Sterling's channel. However, I would gladly take our current state of Steam over one that is too overzealous and overcharges developers so much so that they are unable to put their title up on Steam. A better solution than requiring $5,000 would be to, you know, enforce a certain quality standard. Sure, that's subjective, but let's start with games that are able to fucking launch. I hate Valve's complete hands-off approach.
    I think 5 grand is a bit overkill, but something high enough that all those fucking garbage games plaguing steam wouldn't be able to afford would be amazing. Steam used to have nothing but top notch games, and then greenlight came out, and nothing but trash flows through there. Every fucking RPG Maker game in existence, why is that even a thing? All these 'retro' games where the designer was too lazy to do anything but 8 bit graphics, or that one guy/company, forget the name, basically keeps releasing the same game with a different name over and over again and expects people to pay for it. My Steam game library is full of shit I will never touch, just because they get saddled with awesome games in humble bundles. If that's the only way to get someone to buy your game, it doesn't fucking belong on Steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is there are some gems out there that a more restrictive system could potentially squash. Things like the amazing Stardew Valley or Undertale. Both games made by an extremely small group of people that had zero fanfair ahead of release and turned into massive hits. If they were charged $5k to put their game up on Steam, they may have never seen the light of day.

Deleted
    Perhaps this is the chance for DRM free sites to boost their customer base & swipe some of steams.
    Hopefully none of the junk though.

/shudder.

10+ Year Old Account
    You lot do know the rumoured pricing scheme was between 100 and 5000 dollars right?

I'm sure it will be though of with at least moderate care and newer developers or developers first games etc will be on the lower end of the scale, not a flat 5 grand for any and every game.

Freedom Bundle up now. Damn nice collection.

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom