Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    So you've not really been listening to what I have said. In the ideal world, we merely ban Imam's spreading their hate, but we can't do that, people like you won't let us and Muslims won't let us.

So we need to just cut the head of the snake, Let Islam sort itself out and stop the corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, are all American Muslims super poor now?

Have you ever met an American Muslim?

You're making unsubstantiated claims of their unwillingness to assimilate. Answer the question.

As any can see, this thread quickly became a religious discussion. Perhaps the time has come to put a lock on this and move on.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

We should wait until people die and then ban people from the perpetrator's country of origin. Being proactive is a right-wing racist policy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Have you ever met an American Muslim?

You're making unsubstantiated claims of their unwillingness to assimilate. Answer the question.
    Yes I have. Like you, all they did is defend Islam from every leveled Criticism because the Religion of Peace can do no wrong, and it's not their fault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    We should wait until people die and then ban people from the perpetrator's country of origin. Being proactive is a right-wing racist policy.

Being ineffective is the right wing policy. Tell me why they didn't includ the countries from which there were actual successful terrorists?

Since white American males are a bigger terrorist threat, being proactive would mean we ban them instead. Are you okay with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Yes I have. Like you, all they did is defend Islam from every leveled Criticism because the Religion of Peace can do no wrong, and it's not their fault.
    Oh, ok, you're just making stuff up. Or if you aren't you're actually surprised that they're defending themselves? You are arrogant and pretty deluded. "They didn't ageee with my twisted reasoning, therefore they are wrong". You're sounding like an extremist more and more with each post. Maybe we should ban you from the country.

Lastly, regarding their refusal to assimilate:
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/dona...im-integration
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2017-02-12 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Fake News lul

Being ineffective is the right wing policy. Tell me why they didn't includ the countries from which there were actual successful terrorists?

Since white American males are a bigger terrorist threat, being proactive would mean we ban them instead. Are you okay with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, ok, you're just making stuff up.
    They're only a bigger threat because there's a metric shitload more of them here. If we had that same amount of Muslim men here then Americans would be astronomically more likely to be killed by a Muslim man than a white man. However, this is beside the point because I am not in favor of placing a temporary hiatus (it's not a ban) on citizens who are already here, whether they be white or Muslim. I am merely in favor of proactive measures to prevent the acceptance of those who are the antithesis of western enlightenment ideals. I also agree with you that more countries should be added to the temporary hiatus (it's not a ban) and I do not understand why those countries you mentioned were not included considering they have been shown to produce actual terrorists.
    Last edited by Northy; 2017-02-12 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're only a gibber threat because there's a metric shitload more of them here. If we had that same amount of Muslim men here then they Americans would be astronomically more likely to be killed by a Muslim man than a white man. However, this is beside the point because I am not in favor of placing a temporary hiatus (it's not a ban) on citizens who are already here, whether they be white or Muslim. I am merely in favor of proactive measures to prevent the acceptance of those who are the antithesis of western enlightenment ideals. I also agree with you that more countries should be added to the temporary hiatus (it's not a ban) and I do not understand why those countries you mentioned were not included considering they have been shown to produce actual terrorists.
    Because those countries have dealings with Trump's various businesses.

When are you lot going to understand the concept of a conflict of interest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    They're only a gibber threat because there's a metric shitload more of them here. If we had that same amount of Muslim men here then they Americans would be astronomically more likely to be killed by a Muslim man than a white man. However, this is beside the point because I am not in favor of placing a temporary hiatus (it's not a ban) on citizens who are already here, whether they be white or Muslim. I am merely in favor of proactive measures to prevent the acceptance of those who are the antithesis of western enlightenment ideals. I also agree with you that more countries should be added to the temporary hiatus (it's not a ban) and I do not understand why those countries you mentioned were not included considering they have been shown to produce actual terrorists.
    If yo think about it REALLY hard, you might come up with an answer.

Hint: it has to do with the fact that most of your post is the result of swallowing up propaganda like it's water.

- - - Updated - - -
    First answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because those countries have dealings with Trump's various businesses.

When are you lot going to understand the concept of a conflict of interest?
    Second Answer: And that it's not a big a threat as they are trying to make you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    It matters because preservation of both the values of the country as well as the safety of its' citizens is paramount. When it's an internal issue it should be dealt with exactly the same but when a culture exists totally outside of the scope of functioning within our society it can only bring conflict and tensions to allow them in. The US has ZERO obligation to the Muslim world to just take people in, regardless of their reasoning or desires. The only obligation we actually owe them and should be engaging in is a complete cease and desist of our destabilizing bombing and nation building efforts in their homeland.

That's it. They're not compatible here at all. No reason to pretend otherwise and no benefit or gain from taking them.
    so those crazy-ass Muslims that spent their free time watching 'how to build a bomb in 10 steps' videos online (because obviously that's what you do if you're Muslim everyone knows this, Buddists do that 'yamah,yamah,yamah' sound and muslims built bombs) are not welcome in the US due to not being compatible with it's values

and who determines the said US values?

white supremacists and the alt right? anti-vaccine/anti-expert/anti-climate change morons? the folks that want to bomb Agrabah? random racist losers that think they're 30 jobless and virgins because the mexicans stole all the jobs and raped all the women till they became liberal lesbian feminists? Hypocrites that refuse to pay taxes for healthcare and try to wash away their immorality with crosses and the bible? conspiracy theorists? the KKK? the idiots of NRA?

because the sane west would never condone such crazy policies like having a 'list of banned countries', this is a Trump world first, no other leader would even think of something like this and his own's country's institutions will keep him in check, that's how check and balances work to make sure that one crazy leader cannot run the country to the ground

and to not get carried away too far, ever heard that country of origin is one thing and religion another?
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2017-02-12 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second Answer: And that it's not a big a threat as they are trying to make you believe.
    I'm aware.

Point in fact, I think people devote far too much of their time to worrying about terrorism because honestly - it's not that big a deal.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    How nice, this thread turned into a "Sharia law is bad" and yet the ban doesn't affect the biggest perpetrator of Sharia law, Saudi Arabia.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware.

Point in fact, I think people devote far too much of their time to worrying about terrorism because honestly - it's not that big a deal.

I'd give you a cookie if I could

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And what about the IRA bombers? Timothy McVeigh? The bomber of the Centennial Olympic Park? The Wisconsin Sikh temple shooter? Dylan Roof?

You act like it's somehow uniquely Islamic, and it's not. Islamic terrorism isn't occurring due to their faith, it's geopolitical. Which is why they're comining largely from the Middle East, when most Muslims aren't Middle Eastern.
    Add the Québec mosque shooter to that, and Anders Brejvik for instance. Not motivated by religion per se, but Western terrorists nevertheless.

Also, something people need to recognize is that faith alone never explains this sort of political violence. The conflicts in the Middle East are religious in nature, but also very much based on political tug-of-wars between nations, especially Iran and Saudi Arabia among others. ISIS is a bit of an oddball in that it's an even more overt theocracy, but even then information based on what they actually do in their lands seems to indicate they're as debased and corrupt as any power-hungry conqueror is, and aren't drive by any sort of religious purity (not that they would be any better if so, but still).

Doesn't mean that there needs to be no caution about immigrants and refugees coming from this region, but caution and fear are not the same thing at all. Caution is a reasonable attitude that invites prudent policies (such as the strenuous vetting measures that already exist and take a year+ to go through) and fear is unreasonable and only promotes hostility from both sides, fanning the flames of war even further.

Islam is only part of the problem of radical Islam. And let's not act as if the Middle East is the only place rife with political violence. Not when the US's southern neightboor sees tens of thousands dead because of something as mundane as drugs and money.

Another fun fact: the total death toll of radical Islam, and everything associated with it, is still probably much lesser than that of a strikingly similar conflict in China, caused, among other things, by Christian extremism. Feast your eyes on the Taiping Rebellion. Violence is not the monopoly of any religion.

The idea that zero terrorists came from any of those seven countries struck me as completely absurd at the time, but without some major attack to point to, I was forced to relinquish the point.

Still doesn't change the fact that preemptively setting in place a temporary travel ban from seven countries identified as sources of terrorism, until a new vetting process could be implemented, made sense to some degree. And that's if there really were zero terrorists coming in specifically from those countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    The idea that zero terrorists came from any of those seven countries struck me as completely absurd at the time, but without some major attack to point to, I was forced to relinquish the point.

Still doesn't change the fact that preemptively setting in place a temporary travel ban from seven countries identified as sources of terrorism, until a new vetting process could be implemented, made sense to some degree. And that's if there really were zero terrorists coming in specifically from those countries.
    The fact that Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan were not on the list punches a massive hole in the 'national security' angle.

The existing vetting process is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    so those crazy-ass Muslims that spent their free time watching 'how to build a bomb in 10 steps' videos online (because obviously that's what you do if you're Muslim everyone knows this, Buddists do that 'yamah,yamah,yamah' sound and muslims built bombs) are not welcome in the US due to not being compatible with it's values

and who determines the said US values?

white supremacists and the alt right? anti-vaccine/anti-expert/anti-climate change morons? the folks that want to bomb Agrabah? random racist losers that think they're 30 jobless and virgins because the mexicans stole all the jobs and raped all the women till they became liberal lesbian feminists? Hypocrites that refuse to pay taxes for healthcare and try to wash away their immorality with crosses and the bible? conspiracy theorists? the KKK? the idiots of NRA?

because the sane west would never condone such crazy policies like having a 'list of banned countries', this is a Trump world first, no other leader would even think of something like this and his own's country's institutions will keep him in check, that's how check and balances work to make sure that one crazy leader cannot run the country to the ground

and to not get carried away too far, ever heard that country of origin is one thing and religion another?
    The values of the country were determined at its' founding, and continue to this day. Pretty normal way of things.

Country of origin and religion are synonymous in many parts of the world, sorry kid.

The rest of your post is drivel and not worth my time.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    The values of the country were determined at its' founding, and continue to this day. Pretty normal way of things.
    Uh, no. I'm not sure where you're getting this idea that culture and values remain static because a bunch of white dudes put some of them on paper.

The fact that Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan were not on the list punches a massive hole in the 'national security' angle.

The existing vetting process is fine.

Fact that the lists biggest offenders are NATURAL BORN CITIZENS....by a multiple of 50+.....says we have more to worry about the people who are born here then the people we are letting in.

btw, zero attacks on abortion clinics are listed on this paper.

great how we don't call that terrorism when it has to do with religion and political stances.

Deleted
    Sure, if we ignore all the Civil Wars over "the values of the country" that happened around the world during the 19th century.