Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You wanna look up the word "literally", millennial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind ads. I do mind shit that pop up in the middle of the damn screen, or ads that for some fucking reson have sound on. Oh and yeah dem virus are very common in ads. So that is why I use adblock. But I disable adblock for some youtubers.

Websites need to find an alternative to ads. Every time I start using a computer without Adblock, I'm surprised at how extremely slowed down the computer is. Ads distract from what you want to consume, covering the entire screen as you frantically try to find the camouflaged x.
    X

Stealing... Ahah okay sir. So what about the tons of ad stealing my mobile data? Huh?
    Yes, im using mobile internet on PC aswell cuz there is no cable where I live.

The more aggressive ads get to sneak past my ad blocker...the more important my ad blocker becomes to me.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-02-12 at 11:25 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is a muppet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Not when they corporations are not responsible for the ads they post and how malicious they can and may be in terms of malware.

Until website owners are held responsible for those ads, I will always use an adblock, for the safety of my device and my personal data.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    I don't mind adds, until they play some annoying sounds at high volume through my speakers. Then i dislike them and often stop visiting said website.

While we're on topic, what add block do you all use?
    This is exactly why I went to one.. I don't mind adds, I understand they need to generate revenue, but when the add fires off like an air raid siren, or creates a full page over whatever it is... Just no.

Fact is that if the content is worth it, I'm willing to pay a fee for an add free experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    This is exactly why I went to one.. I don't mind adds, I understand they need to generate revenue, but when the add fires off like an air raid siren, or creates a full page over whatever it is... Just no.

Fact is that if the content is worth it, I'm willing to pay a fee for an add free experience.
    Not I. I'd rather just block them en masse until the advertising industry fucking dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I disagree, disabling adblockers not only consumes bandwidth and data as well as increasing ping, but it also can be very dangerous depending on the ad.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

When websites stop using auto-playing loud obnoxious ads...I'll think about it.
    When they screen ads better for malware and virus prevention...I'll think about it.
    When the ads are relevant and non-intrusive(flashing gifs and clicking anywhere opens a new window type ads)...I'll think about it.
    When websites switch from the annoying format of letting you read half an article and then giving you a pop-up asking for your email to subscribe...I'll think about it.
    When websites actually care about the content and not just click-bait bullshit titles that is nothing more than just an ad...I'll think about it.

But until than...I'll keep my ad-blocker on.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

but what if the ad domains are blocked at the firewall(hardware)/proxy and not by adblock?

If I block ads from my vision with my hands, is that stealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Not when they corporations are not responsible for the ads they post and how malicious they can and may be in terms of malware.

Until website owners are held responsible for those ads, I will always use an adblock, for the safety of my device and my personal data.
    Funnily enough I work for a company that runs a bunch of b2b sites and we have complete control on what ads are served and we only allow gifs with a very low file size limit to not piss people off. They are also charged at a premium.

Most of our campaigns have click through rates 2-5 times the industry average.

I use ad block because fuck companies and their shitty ads

It's not stealing, if we were stealing we would be getting the money from the ads and not the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yar Har fiddledede, being a pirate is alright with me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    How so? .
    Don't even know why I'm responding to bait and someone who's banned, but here goes.

If you're watching T.V, and you get up to use the bathroom/get a drink or snack/literally anything that takes your attention away from the T.V while the commercials are playing, is that stealing? If you're watching Youtube or something and the "Skip Ad" button comes up and you hit it, was that stealing? Do you read every advertisement in a magazine or newspaper? Is it stealing if you didn't?

The obvious answer to all of these is "No", as watching/reading ads is not a requirement to consume the content.

Deleted
    "Stealing" never felt so good...

I just wish it would work better.
    I keep getting twitch streams on mmo-champion and wow-head (upper-right corner), which is really annoying.

I wouldn't care about ads if they weren't harmful, annoying, obnoxious and preventative to what I'm trying to do. If youtube put an ad on the side of the page instead of forcing me to watch something I don't care about before I can see my video, no ad block for me. If websites stopped throwing popups in my face begging me for shit, I'd stop using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Think about it, the website provides their service to you FOR FREE, but the catch is, well, ads. When you are blocking the ads you are stealing the money they are entitled to! AND THAT IS STEALING. It is wrong, do you wish to keep websites free? Turn off your adblock now, instantly, at this very moment.
    What if that website was made entirely by communal commitment and contributions, like Wowhead?

Then I guess you've got a bunch of shitty leaders ransoming off the products of basic humanity so they can keep giving themselves champaign enemas, with no way to stop them.