Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It amazed me that ME3's "endgame" was better received and lasted longer than SWtOR's.
    In their defense, unlike BioWare Austin, they probably didn't think it would take 3-5 months to hit the endgame : P

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It amazed me that ME3's "endgame" was better received and lasted longer than SWtOR's.
    Ahhh i remember those days. Max level only to find there is nothing to do and no one to do it with. They should have just skipped the mmo aspect gave it better graphics and made it kotr 3. The only enjoyable mmo aspect of it was hut ball.

oh how i miss hut ball

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    oh how i miss hut ball
    Launch PvP was so hilariously broken. I remember playing a Sentinel and being able to hold an entire team at a point, between being able to do 5x6k crits before they nerfed the Focus/Rage trees and being unkillable for 7 seconds was troll as fuck. Scoundrel/Agents 2 shotting people from stealth, Sage/Inqusitor being able to keep a team alive and having ridiculous utility tools (AoE Knockback/Lifegrip).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Launch PvP was so hilariously broken. I remember playing a Sentinel and being able to hold an entire team at a point, between being able to do 5x6k crits before they nerfed the Focus/Rage trees and being unkillable for 7 seconds was troll as fuck. Scoundrel/Agents 2 shotting people from stealth, Sage/Inqusitor being able to keep a team alive and having ridiculous utility tools (AoE Knockback/Lifegrip).
    Ohhh I remember early TOR PVP quite well. Sentinels were quite amazing at Huttball.

Ahhh i remember those days. Max level only to find there is nothing to do and no one to do it with. They should have just skipped the mmo aspect gave it better graphics and made it kotr 3. The only enjoyable mmo aspect of it was hut ball.

oh how i miss hut ball
    I blame EA executives and the industry in general that was obsessed with WoW.

MMO's are a niche games but since WoW was such a huge successes all of these publishers and developers wanted to achieve the same thing.

Most developers need publishers or other 3e parties to finance developing games since they don't get that much money in between games, so I can understand the desire to release a WoW killer that has a monthly sub and a expansion every 2 years but yea with the exception of WoW most MMO's don't break above 1M paying players for that long.

yeah swtor chased the dragons tail that was WoW and wound up getting smacked off a cliff

then they had the nerve to behave as though they were offended by people not playing their game (that initial f2p ruleset lmao)
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    MMO's are a niche games but since WoW was such a huge successes all of these publishers and developers wanted to achieve the same thing.
    That's a problem that eventually solved itself. The industry eventually realized that there would NEVER be a wow-killer, and that any attempts to out-wow wow itself were doomed to fail before they even began.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I hope they go in depth about S.A.M / Keep it around in later games. Dad rider designed the AI but mom Ryder did the first implants. Explains why we can pick between classes. The description of how it works sounds similar to when you get the best ending on Rannoch with the Geth integrating with the Quarians. Next step in human evolution? Yes please.

I hope they go in depth about S.A.M / Keep it around in later games. Dad rider designed the AI but mom Ryder did the first implants. Explains why we can pick between classes. The description of how it works sounds similar to when you get the best ending on Rannoch with the Geth integrating with the Quarians. Next step in human evolution? Yes please.
    So Synthesis without it being forced through green magic?

looks like the 4 dialogue options are heart, head, professional, and casual. Dev tweet stated the the casual options involve a lot of profanity .

looks like the 4 dialogue options are heart, head, professional, and casual. Dev tweet stated the the casual options involve a lot of profanity .
    No sarcasm? They better roll sarcasm and witty smartass into the "casual" option. I miss playing as Sarcastic Hawke. That was seriously the biggest redeeming factor of Dragon Age 2.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So Synthesis without it being forced through green magic?
    Kind of, but better. With SAM you have and integrated AI in your head. The catalyst considered synthesis the pinnacle of evolution but all it really did was add some synthetic DNA into Organics so the reapers hopefully wouldn't murder them. Idk about you guys but i ant trusting that a buggy hologram that says he probably isn't gonna wipe out the organics, conflict in the galaxy still exists, it only a matter of time before he and or the reapers go goes all crazy again, as it is the only ending iirc where he is presumably left alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    No sarcasm? They better roll sarcasm and witty smartass into the "casual" option. I miss playing as Sarcastic Hawke. That was seriously the biggest redeeming factor of Dragon Age 2.
    I saw the list on reddit but i know casual is one for sure because it was in a tweet. Casual will probably be the foul mouthed smart ass. Heart will be the nice guy, Head the intellectual, Professional will be hard ass mission first.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-12 at 01:38 AM.

I hope its well balanced. the one thing i disliked about mass effect 2 was that the renegade/paragon system was based on a % dependent on how many alignment chances you previously had. Which basically meant the further you went the more screwed you were if you played anything other than a pure paragon or pure renegade.

have a notion about your shep's personality being aligned with certain choices based on the situation that can go paragon and renegade? TOO BAD. You dont have the will to beat Morinth, you have to kill civilians if you want zaeeds loyalty, Tali is exiled and you have to shoot the spectre's hostage for liara. Even if you had a 90% rating with either one of the alignments depending how far you were. For both options even if one is in majority

So yeah, hope they pick up from ME3 with the new system and dont create a crippling system like that
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-02-12 at 10:08 AM.

The different personality system seems like it could be a lot of fun. I liked Paragon/Renegade but will admit at times it was too extreme. Paragon was too boy scout/goody two shoes and Renegade at times was just too asshole-y.

I wanna be a sarcastic, cunning, ruthless SOB but still be good at heart at least to my friends/squadmates.

Decided to play a round of ME3MP for the first time in two years or something. Instant game, great players, tons of fun. Bloody hell, I hope MEAMP plays just like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    The different personality system seems like it could be a lot of fun. I liked Paragon/Renegade but will admit at times it was too extreme. Paragon was too boy scout/goody two shoes and Renegade at times was just too asshole-y.

I wanna be a sarcastic, cunning, ruthless SOB but still be good at heart at least to my friends/squadmates.
    Not to mention that Paragon/Renegade at times was very subjective and counter-intuitive. For example, I for the life of me cannot understand why the advice to Kelly to change her identity was classified as a Renegade choice. Or why killing Kai Leng before he lashes at Shepard, when Shepard can clearly hear him approaching, is Renegade. Or why helping the Hanar who is violating the law by preaching in public to continue preaching is Paragon.

I preferred Dragon Age system, in which only the companions react on your choices, based on their character, but there is no any kind of the "universal" good/bad scale. I liked Witcher system for the same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

I preferred Dragon Age system, in which only the companions react on your choices, based on their character, but there is no any kind of the "universal" good/bad scale. I liked Witcher system for the same reason.
    Yeah the DA system was great in this respect. No universal influence, but different companions responded differently to different actions. Made for more interesting gameplay especially when you had opposites in your party(i.e. Allistair and Morrigan).

I didn't like the DA system much, always feel i have to check up what choices upsets who before i do them then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    I didn't like the DA system much, always feel i have to check up what choices upsets who before i do them then.
    Really, it made a lot of sense. If you understood what certain characters liked, and wanted to make them happy, it was easy to figure out which choices they'd approve of. If you're trying to romance Cassandra in DA3 but constantly shit on the Chantry and what they believe in, that romance probably ain't gonna work out for you, because you're not the kind of person she could fall for. Which should be pretty clear from early on.

It makes the system more organic; play the way you like, and the teammates who most appreciate that behaviour are going to be the ones who approve and stick with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Really, it made a lot of sense. If you understood what certain characters liked, and wanted to make them happy, it was easy to figure out which choices they'd approve of. If you're trying to romance Cassandra in DA3 but constantly shit on the Chantry and what they believe in, that romance probably ain't gonna work out for you, because you're not the kind of person she could fall for. Which should be pretty clear from early on.

It makes the system more organic; play the way you like, and the teammates who most appreciate that behaviour are going to be the ones who approve and stick with you.
    Think there was choices that made several people happy, and a lot less people unhappy. And the other way around, but not quite sure.