10+ Year Old Account
    That's why BGA SSDs exist. Though not a lot of companies produce those as far as I know and due to the size constraint the performance and capacity is going to be lower. There is one thing though is power consumption is going to be higher than just a normal flash drive / NAND.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nin...source=twitter

Mentions controller support being the main issue.
    But...a slither of hope:

"Support for certain controllers may be considered for a future update. In some cases, games from past systems may be re-released for the Nintendo Switch system as either enhanced or original versions."

"We can confirm that it will be possible to purchase and play downloaded software at launch, but we are not sharing further details at this time."

My dream of Metroid Prime on Switch is not dead yet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sharing further details is a Nintendo staple.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    They couldn't fit more than 32gb because of physical size? My micro sd is 256gb and it's Fucking tiny.
    like i said, i agree they shouldve included an sd card, and if you already have an sd card, put it in your switch. the switch supports micro sd cards.

- - - Updated - - -

arms is going to be armazing

- - - Updated - - -

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Not to seem like I'm just pointlessly bashing on The Switch but something crossed my mind.

To me with the current information we have (Since Nintendo went quite), The Switch is all the bad elements of what its trying to be.

For example as a handheld.

1) You need a app to at lease party chat if not more.
    2) Games costing more then mobile (Vita/3DS) games have costed before.
    3) Short battery life. (Its high quality gaming but still poor battery life)
    4) Big and not pocket friendly.
    5) Accessories costing a fuck ton.
    6) Online costing monthly (In my opinion will be lacking and not worth the price) for mobile gaming this is 100% new. Those switching from the 3DS/Wii-U will be shell shocked because of it.

As a Home Console....
    1) Due to being Under powered games won't look and run as good as the competition.
    2) Accessories costing more then the competition, With no gain.
    3) Needing a app (another device) to at lease party chat if not more.
    4) Online costing monthly (In my opinion will be lacking and not worth the price). Those Switching from the Wii-U will be shell shocked if they are not already use to said system via Ps4/XB1. But as it stands it won't provide the quality those subs have.

To me it just feels like The Switch is the mix of bad things from both Home Consoles and Mobile Gaming. There is a few pro's to the system but like I said it feels like a mix of all the bad things.

I do plan to get one at some point. There is so much about The Switch we don't know and Nintendo needs to talk about, Yet they went radio silent on any new information.

There is also now rumors Nintendo is working on something along the lines of a more powerful Switch. The source is highly respected since they work for Foxconn and got lots of details correct before The Switch's reveal.
    http://wwg.com/2017/01/17/nintendo-s...-in-the-works/
    Now these rumors all started when someone posted some interesting Switch specs on Reddit. The person who posted had his IP confirmed to originate from Foxconn, the Chinese company in charge of producing the Nintendo Switch and its various dev kits. The rumor predicted the Nintendo's Switch exact battery capacity before it was revealed, and also predicted the multi-colored JoyCon controllers that would eventually be revealed for the Switch. It also described those controllers in great detail. Whoever made the post definitely had insider information on the Switch, and we believe at this point that it really is someone out of Foxconn.
    This begs the question...Is there any real reason at all to buy The Switch at this point? Outside of people like myself who just loves new tech and wants fuck around with it. Is there any real reason the average joe consumer should buy this for there kid?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well it looks like Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is going to be a release day title, they spilled the beans in an interview saying it was releasing on Switch first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not to seem like I'm just pointlessly bashing on The Switch but something crossed my mind.

To me with the current information we have (Since Nintendo went quite), The Switch is all the bad elements of what its trying to be.

For example as a handheld.

1) You need a app to at lease party chat if not more.
    2) Games costing more then mobile (Vita/3DS) games have costed before.
    3) Short battery life. (Its high quality gaming but still poor battery life)
    4) Big and not pocket friendly.
    5) Accessories costing a fuck ton.
    6) Online costing monthly (In my opinion will be lacking and not worth the price) for mobile gaming this is 100% new. Those switching from the 3DS/Wii-U will be shell shocked because of it.

As a Home Console....
    1) Due to being Under powered games won't look and run as good as the competition.
    2) Accessories costing more then the competition, With no gain.
    3) Needing a app (another device) to at lease party chat if not more.
    4) Online costing monthly (In my opinion will be lacking and not worth the price). Those Switching from the Wii-U will be shell shocked if they are not already use to said system via Ps4/XB1. But as it stands it won't provide the quality those subs have.

To me it just feels like The Switch is the mix of bad things from both Home Consoles and Mobile Gaming. There is a few pro's to the system but like I said it feels like a mix of all the bad things.

I do plan to get one at some point. There is so much about The Switch we don't know and Nintendo needs to talk about, Yet they went radio silent on any new information.

There is also now rumors Nintendo is working on something along the lines of a more powerful Switch. The source is highly respected since they work for Foxconn and got lots of details correct before The Switch's reveal.
    http://wwg.com/2017/01/17/nintendo-s...-in-the-works/

This begs the question...Is there any real reason at all to buy The Switch at this point? Outside of people like myself who just loves new tech and wants fuck around with it. Is there any real reason the average joe consumer should buy this for there kid?
    Nintendo is going to release a pocket sized Switch in a couple of years anyways that will replace the 3DS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    As said before, there's nowhere to put more storage, it's a handheld. Just buy an SD card
    I don't think you need anything more than a 256gb SD card tbh. Most games should be bought via cartridge anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    They couldn't fit more than 32gb because of physical size? My micro sd is 256gb and it's Fucking tiny.
    Isn't the 32 gigs in the Switch basically a small SSD which is why they couldn't afford the room for a bigger one? Idk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well it looks like Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is going to be a release day title, they spilled the beans in an interview saying it was releasing on Switch first.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo is going to release a pocket sized Switch in a couple of years anyways that will replace the 3DS
    Yeah a vita sized one you think? Do they keep joycons a thing and shrink them some more, or no joycon support? Does it support docks?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I don't think you need anything more than a 256gb SD card tbh. Most games should be bought via cartridge anyways.
    This is 2017, That argument would have worked 10+ years ago but not now.

Many people rather go digital (I'm not one of those people). Parents may rather buy digital just so little jimmy doesn't lose the $60 game card they bought.

While small still The Switch should have had at lease 64Gig in it. That would leave room for a couple AAA titles and some indies. There shouldn't be a game at release of a system that takes up 45% of its HD space.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah a vita sized one you think? Do they keep joycons a thing and shrink them some more, or no joycon support? Does it support docks?
    I say they just build in the controllers if they go this route, That or they just shrink the size a bit on everything.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the 32 gigs in the Switch basically a small SSD which is why they couldn't afford the room for a bigger one? Idk.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling to bring the price down there would be no dock and it would have motion support built into it with no joy cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I have a feeling to bring the price down there would be no dock and it would have motion support built into it with no joy cons.
    (Buy The Switch now with no dock and built in controllers for $249.99)

Totally a deal

10+ Year Old Account
    This is 2017, That argument would have worked 10+ years ago but not now.

Many people rather go digital (I'm not one of those people). Parents may rather buy digital just so little jimmy doesn't lose the $60 game card they bought.

While small still The Switch should have had at lease 64Gig in it. That would leave room for a couple AAA titles and some indies. There shouldn't be a game at release of a system that takes up 45% of its HD space.

- - - Updated - - -

I say they just build in the controllers if they go this route, That or they just shrink the size a bit on everything.
    Could just build the controllers in, but also support separate full size joycons for motion games. Maybe even sell a smaller dock seperately. Switch Micro 199. Switch Micro dock 59.99. etc. Coming Holiday 2018. Imagining a 4 inch screen.

I would fully expect JoyCon support for any Switch Lite, you just wouldn't be able to connect the JoyCons directly to the Switch and you would have to buy them separately.

As for a Switch Lite's dock capability, it's all going to depend on the placement of the USB-C port and the placement of any fans, as the dock and Switch are built with the fans poking out and you don't want all that heat going into the dock.

- - - Updated - - -

Could just build the controllers in, but also support separate full size joycons for motion games. Maybe even sell a smaller dock seperately. Switch Micro 199. Switch Micro dock 59.99. etc. Coming Holiday 2018. Imagining a 4 inch screen.
    The Pro Controller has gyro built in. They would do the same thing with a Switch Lite.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Buy The Switch now with no dock and built in controllers for $249.99)

Totally a deal
    Im thinking a smaller one with no dock or detachable joycons could go for 199. They wouldn't make a killing on it, but they could do it.

Im thinking a smaller one with no dock or detachable joycons could go for 199. They wouldn't make a killing on it, but they could do it.
    The base unit will probably be down to $199 in 2 years. It's not the Wii U made with a bunch of proprietary bullshit, most of the materials used to make it are off the shelf and will only reduce in price. A budget unit would probably be in 2DS territory at that time, like $130-150.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the 32 gigs in the Switch basically a small SSD which is why they couldn't afford the room for a bigger one? Idk
    It's not. It's a lot more expensive to have a 32GB SSD these days. SSDs work by having multiple NANDs and a controller for them to all act as one thus increasing read/write speeds. Going backwards and manufacture a less dense NAND and putting more than one of them together is stupid and expensive. It's better to just use a more regular flash storage / NAND like that of a phone.

Nintendo just detailed Switch's smartphone app a little more
    But it's still pretty confused.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...little-further

Nintendo Switch will connect to a smartphone app to manage your online gameplay experience, and to voice chat.

That much we knew already - although the specifics of how it will work, what you'll do to connect, when it will launch and how much it costs are all still up in the air.

But while we wait for answers to those big questions, here's a little more information on the app's functionality from a Splatoon 2 press release sent out this morning.

"Splatoon 2 will be compatible with an upcoming Nintendo Switch app for smart devices that enhances online play," Nintendo wrote.

"This app will connect to the game and allow players to set play appointments with friends who have been added to their Nintendo Switch friend list or via their social media accounts."

This is actually cool - the app will let you schedule matches with friends. I can imagine sitting on the train home from work and using it to arrange a play session later in the evening.

Confirmation of social media account support is also a bonus. You'd think it would go without saying in 2017, but then Fire Emblem Heroes reverted back to Nintendo's archaic friend code method.

"[The app] also allows players to match up with those friends directly in the game or voice chat with them via their smart device."

As expected, this sounds like confirmation you will need a smartphone or tablet nearby and switched on to voice chat with friends. But it's a little confused - surely you don't require the app to start matches with friends in-game?

"For example, during a Private Battle, players can voice chat with all of their connected friends when they divide into teams, but once teams are set, voice chat is switched to communication only between teammates on the same team."

This last line is also confusing - what if you're chatting with a party of friends and some of them are sorted into other teams? What if you're playing a different game, can you still voice chat then?

We'd love to know more - and just two and a bit weeks from Switch's launch we're really hoping there's not much longer to wait to find out.

The company is still to confirm its online service app will actually launch alongside the console - as well as detail what fans will get as part of the online service, which will be locked behind a paywall in September.
    Just a couple weeks until release and we are still guessing what all we need this app for.....ffs

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Seriously, should just petition Nintendo to get it into their heads that people don't like Voice chat through Mobile. Stupid fucking idea, genuinely one of the few gripes I have with the system.
    If people wanted to voice chat on their phone they could through many number of apps already. Nintendo being Nintendo.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...little-further

Just a couple weeks until release and we are still guessing what all we need this app for.....ffs
    I don't understand why they are being so secretive. 3 weeks until the console launches and you fucking still can't give out all the information your customers need? Fuck off
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Calling it now, Windows phone won't have the app.

Because who even remembers that Windows phones exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just googled windows phone share. Ouch.