Thread: Bundles

Bundles

I've been getting into HotS recently. Can someone explain the timing of bundles? I liked Samuro, but wanted to see if he would appear in a bundle with his Hellblade skin ever? I'm also liking Zul'jin, and wondering the same thing about he and any of his skins? Is it random or some sort of a rotation?

Also, will bundles like the Nexus Conqueror Bundle stay active, at that price for a long time?

Thanks!

Deleted
    If wrong, somebody correct me. I think, there are ~ four sorts of bundles.

New hero bundles. Usually consist of hero, skin or hero, skin, mount. Remain 14 days.

Seasonal or event bundles. Usually stay for several weeks, end date does get communicated.

Tournament bundles. For big tournaments, final winners selection of heroes and skins as a bundle. Available a week or two. Also seperate tournament mount with the team colors.

One or two basic bundles like the Nexus Conqueror. Stay for eternity +- 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    If wrong, somebody correct me. I think, there are ~ four sorts of bundles.

New hero bundles. Usually consist of hero, skin or hero, skin, mount. Remain 14 days.

Seasonal or event bundles. Usually stay for several weeks, end date does get communicated.

Tournament bundles. For big tournaments, final winners selection of heroes and skins as a bundle. Available a week or two. Also seperate tournament mount with the team colors.

One or two basic bundles like the Nexus Conqueror. Stay for eternity +- 2 weeks.
    Thanks a bunch! Very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I've been getting into HotS recently. Can someone explain the timing of bundles? I liked Samuro, but wanted to see if he would appear in a bundle with his Hellblade skin ever? I'm also liking Zul'jin, and wondering the same thing about he and any of his skins? Is it random or some sort of a rotation?

Also, will bundles like the Nexus Conqueror Bundle stay active, at that price for a long time?

Thanks!
    The Samuro/Hellblade skin was already a bundle(also included the Hellboar mount), it was the release bundle. Same with Zul'jin and his Emberlord skin(which also included...uhh, some mount, I forget which).

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The Samuro/Hellblade skin was already a bundle(also included the Hellboar mount), it was the release bundle. Same with Zul'jin and his Emberlord skin(which also included...uhh, some mount, I forget which).
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks for letting me down! XD

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing to keep in mind - there are weekly sales for skins and heroes where their store price is 50% off for the week. In addition, heroes get their prices lowered periodically.

If you pick up Samuro now and his Hellblade skin for half price if it pops up on the sale, as an example, you would have saved more money overall than buying the bundle outright when he was released. Though that bundle came with a mount as well, so... maybe.

Anyways, yes. Weekly sales. Keep a weather eye out.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks for letting me down! XD
    They eventually release the mounts separately as well, and they keep which mounts are being sold on a rotation. No idea as to why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    They eventually release the mounts separately as well, and they keep which mounts are being sold on a rotation. No idea as to why.
    To incentivize you to buy the bundle because you don't know when/how long a mount will be available without the bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    To incentivize you to buy the bundle because you don't know when/how long a mount will be available without the bundle.
    Oh, I get that part. But they sell mounts that were part of bundles later on. I get why they're bundle exclusive at the start, but once they add it to the store separately, what's the point of rotating mounts one the original bundle is gone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Oh, I get that part. But they sell mounts that were part of bundles later on. I get why they're bundle exclusive at the start, but once they add it to the store separately, what's the point of rotating mounts one the original bundle is gone?
    For the new people who join after the bundles are ended. Or people who want the mount, but not the hero/skin that came with it. Give them a chance later down the line to get it alone.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks!
    New heroes always release with a 30% off bundle consisting of the new hero, the store skin for said hero, and sometimes a thematic mount, such as the pig for Hellblade Samuro. Occaisonally, when blizzard releases a new skin with a thematic mount on an older hero, there is a bundle for that skin pack. Such bundles generally only last for 2 weeks. As for Hellblade Samuro, it is unlikely he will appear in a bundle, unless someone takes first place at a tourny using both him AND his skin.

You have to wait for his skin to go on sale for 50% off in the weekly sale, which may happen at some point in the next 4 months. Seriously, blizz should open up the weekly sale to 5 constant items now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    For the new people who join after the bundles are ended. Or people who want the mount, but not the hero/skin that came with it. Give them a chance later down the line to get it alone.
    But the point he was making is, once they bring the mount to be sold individually, why not just leave it in the shop permanently, and not rotate out with other mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    But the point he was making is, once they bring the mount to be sold individually, why not just leave it in the shop permanently, and not rotate out with other mounts.
    Mostly to force purchases that way because it's more profitable for Blizzard. If the mounts are on the shop permanently, the Blizzard will be asked to implement mount sales/discounts. That is less profitable since that can be gamed by customers who wait for mount sales. They are banking on a few mounts being more exclusive than other mounts.