Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    When they earn that money and they send it out of the country how does CA benefit directly from them specifically as opposed to having Americans that would keep the entire amount of their salary in the economy?

Keep in mind, I live in a sanctuary city where over half of the population is Latino. I speak fluent Spanish as does my wife and our three children. It is merely a way life here. I decided at a young age that if I wanted to open doors in my career that learning Spanish would be a good idea and I passed that knowledge on to my children.
    I never once stated they were "leeches" and never stated they were "ruining the country".
    Because they're not earning sixteen billion dollars for themselves, they "earn" it for the state by doing work that the people they work for them use to profit from. They're not the ones that get the money, it's their employers that do, as well as all the money they pump into the system via sales tax.

If Americans had those jobs at a living wage, chances are that would go down considerably. I'm not against that, but the employers and businesses sure as hell are. Assuming they can find Americans who will 'stoop' to such work in the first place.

And no, you didn't say those things, but you insinuated that they're siphoning money and not contributing.

@Allybeboba @AlarStormbringer

There are any numbers of threads about illegal immigrants. This one isn't.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

[QUOTE=Slacker76;44566209]When those tornadoes blew up a trailer park last week, Trump responded to those.[/QUOTE

Have houses been destroyed in this flood yet?

It was more than just some trailer houses, it was entire neighborhoods.

Which brings us back to Obama, it took him days to declare the Louisiana floods a disaster area. And that was AFTER 103,000 people had already lost their homes. People had over 12 feet of water in their homes.

Which brings us back to Obama, it took him days to declare the Louisiana floods a disaster area. And that was AFTER 103,000 people had already lost their homes. People had over 12 feet of water in their homes.
    Which brings us to Bush and Katrina...

See the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Because they're not earning sixteen billion dollars for themselves, they "earn" it for the state by doing work that the people they work for them use to profit from. They're not the ones that get the money, it's their employers that do, as well as all the money they pump into the system via sales tax.

If Americans had those jobs at a living wage, chances are that would go down considerably. I'm not against that, but the employers and businesses sure as hell are. Assuming they can find Americans who will 'stoop' to such work in the first place.

And no, you didn't say those things, but you insinuated that they're siphoning money and not contributing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Which brings us to Bush and Katrina...

See the problem?
    Which brings us to Ray Nagin that left his city's people without a government head and the LA state government that told the US government to stay the hell out.
    See the problem???
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-02-13 at 04:04 AM.

It was Nagin pleading to Bush for help...and where was Bush? On vacation trying hard to ignore New Orleans apparently.

Fucker never recovered from the perception that he didn't give a shit since they didn't vote for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    They actually make more money from illegal migrants working at farms than they spend on them. Economics~!
    Provide facts or YOU LIE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It was Nagin pleading to Bush for help...and where was Bush? On vacation trying hard to ignore New Orleans apparently.

Fucker never recovered from the perception that he didn't give a shit since they didn't vote for him.
    Bush declared an emergency BEFORE Katrina hit. That is how Hurricanes work when they are big.
    Believe me, I have been though several.

It's not collapsing.

Not only do I live in the area but my girlfriends parents where just here because they had to evacuate. The water levels going out are now below the levels going in so water has stopped pouring into the spillway. The spillway hasn't been used since it was built 48 years ago. The biggest worry wasn't even where the erosion happened, it's that water coming over the emergency spillway was making a headcut and eroding the area right in front of it, so they issued an evacuation order because they were worried that it would erode enough to cause the entire emergency spillway to collapse, but the water is no longer pouring over it.

Here's a reddit thread with accurate updates from the various agencies involved.

https://www.reddit.com/live/yfixu0gbq4ub/
    Last edited by Brubear; 2017-02-13 at 04:44 AM.

Well DAM

Good news it was just for pre-cuations and all seems to be fine now!

Hot DAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    *Volcano erupts somewhere*

LOL DUMB LIBERALS, MAYBE IF YOU GOT RID OF ALL THE IMMIGRANTS THE VOLCANOS WOULDN'T ERUPT.

Give it a rest, good lord. You all look foolish as fuck. Imagine the world without those lenses of yours.
    Well there's at least one that has blamed tornadoes on Gays. http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/goper-...ay-rights-wins

10+ Year Old Account
    I see that it has subsided, but putting it here anyways to prevent future derails: Do not derail with immigration talk, nor do not use a potential tragedy in California thread to bash California. That's about as appropriate as bashing Texas when the fertilizer plant exploded, killing 14 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Just the liberal fingers.
    Plenty of conservative fingers too, if the Trump train would pay attention for once.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

We had a similar threat where I live in Brisbane in 2011, basically we had a decade's worth of rain one day and it doubled up on the water stored in Wivenhoe dam.

They had to release so much water to stop the dam bursting that it caused huge floods downstream in Brisbane. Damage to the dam was kept under control thankfully.

Hope you end up with a good results over there - was scary stuff here in our little town of 2 million.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

this is unfortunate, my friend lives in South Cali though so hes fine and not affected by the dam.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Provide facts or YOU LIE!!!!
    This isn't the one I'm looking for, nor is this one, but they are proof towards my claims. Not the numbers I stated, but I'm still trying to track down the source on that one.

I was hoping this thread would pop up when I read it. So Californians... you had a long drought, how's it feel to see rain again? Do you think it'll turn things green again? Will it hold or is this just a brief pause in the drought?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I just spent 12 hrs driving from Sac to South Lake Tahoe and back because US50 is closed due to a huge mudslide. Witnessed one head on accident right in front of me (thankfully everyone was ok...icy road, ppl not used to driving in such conditions). I don't think Nor Cal can withstand another wave of storms like we had last week. There is water everywhere!!! Lots of farmers are being affected. The Ski resorts are having a good year but the rest of Nor Cal, not so much. We still have 2 months or so to go til the end of the rainy season and every fricken lake is at capacity. We have no way to store anymore rainfall that might come our way.

Quote Originally Posted by lmaotsetung View Post
    I just spent 12 hrs driving from Sac to South Lake Tahoe and back because US50 is closed due to a huge mudslide. Witnessed one head on accident right in front of me (thankfully everyone was ok...icy road, ppl not used to driving in such conditions). I don't think Nor Cal can withstand another wave of storms like we had last week. There is water everywhere!!! Lots of farmers are being affected. The Ski resorts are having a good year but the rest of Nor Cal, not so much. We still have 2 months or so to go til the end of the rainy season and every fricken lake is at capacity. We have no way to store anymore rainfall that might come our way.
    Oh, is this NorthCal only? I thought it was Southern California where water is needed.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The whole state needed water, SoCal still does. NorCal is out of drought conditions and quite soggy currently.

Well, your Sequoias are thankful for this, at least! And they're probably the coolest thing about California! Now you just need to divert everything in the general direction of LA and you'll be fine!

I heard the main dam is opening up all gates, too, to relieve the pressure?