Poll: Should multi-boxing be against the WoW terms of service?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Ok. We both enter a room with 2 computers with WoW LAN set up. I'll multi-box. You choose your favorite class. Let's duel for $100 a duel and we'll see how fair it is.
    it is 1v1. Good try.
    what are you talking about? A duel is 1v1. What has multiboxing got to do with a duel?

Given that it flat out breaks a lot of WoW's intended functionality and gameplay, at times in a way that is detrimental to other players, I'm not really sure why it isn't against the ToS, aside from the obvious money reasons. Blizzard are pretty quick to clamp down on everything else that involves players gaining advantages in ways that aren't intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    what are you talking about? A duel is 1v1. What has multiboxing got to do with a duel?
    A duel is me vs you.

Stop trying to pretend 2 toons is 2 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I don't know what kind of software they use to control all of the accounts at the same time, but I'm almost 100% sure it's not Blizzard software hence making it 3rd party software which is against the ToS

Would blizzard care if they lost all the 0,0000001% of their subs by banning multiboxing? No.

It shouldn't be made against the ToS, mainly because it's cool as hell. Personally I've never been killed by a multiboxer and it's always just for show/lols instead of ganking people.
    3rd party software isnt against tos, only software that specifically operates the game without requiring your direct interaction. you should read the tos before you start claiming things are against it. by your logic every add on in the game would be against the tos and last time i checked ELVUI and DBM were software not made by blizzard. even programs that mimic key presses are within tos, they only become bad when they start pressing buttons for you. as along as you have to press every button yourself its within tos. most of you just sound like a bunch of whiners that got your herb node picked by a multi box.
    Last edited by globenstine; 2017-02-13 at 07:42 AM.

A duel is me vs you.

Stop trying to pretend 2 toons is 2 people.
    No a duel is one character versus another character.

If you want more, you go into arena/skirmish/world pvp. If you do, then the other guy gets to bring his mates.

I'm not pretending 2 characters are 2 people. 2 characters are 2 characters. If you want to go 1v2 then go ahead. You will most likely die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. We both enter a room with 2 computers with WoW LAN set up. I'll multi-box. You choose your favorite class. Let's duel for $100 a duel and we'll see how fair it is.
    Sure, you have 3 random characters run around while we fight 1v1, seems rather pointless though.
    Or maybe you mean we'd be playing with 2 (or whatever) characters each? Then I'll just grab my arena partner and demolish you
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    ... which further emphasises my point.
    I'm not disagreeing with you though, I'm disagreeing with the OP.

Deleted
    Irrelevant. I didn't say you going up against 4 characters is fair. Your challenge proves neither of our points.

it is 1v1. Good try.
    Semantics. The best kind of internet argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you though, I'm disagreeing with the OP.
    I know I only quoted to point out how the OP skipped over your valid point.

Irrelevant. I didn't say you going up against 4 characters is fair. Your challenge proves neither of our points.

Semantics. The best kind of internet argument.

I know I only quoted to point out how the OP skipped over your valid point.
    You are the ones using semantics.

It is ONE person playing as several.

You can twist that however you want, we both know what the reality is. If you can't accept that I'll assume you're being intellectually dishonest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Simple question. The justification given is that they are still controlling all x amount of characters. Obviously there's a bit of stretch saying that, I would say we consider "playing a character" a 1:1 thing. Wondering what the general consensus is.
    I hope It does and It should. But realisticly they won't due to one reason:

Money, It's a large sum of money coming Blizzard's way for just letting them be... they're not that "Good" and "Just" to stop them from doing It cause It's right. They're still a company who makes money primarily and cators to fans and rules second. Healthy skepticism people, don't be fanboys cause that's all companies will always be, money grubbers first, fan servising later
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Honestly Blizzard has accepted a lot of things over the years that they shouldn't have.

World PVP is complete garbage as a result.
    WPvP alwas be and always will be garbage its never was fair on first place and balance is simply impossible
    Personally as long they not destroy economy i`m fine with them if someone kill me big deal i just release and do my stuff again

Deleted
    You are the ones using semantics.

It is ONE person playing as several.

You can twist that however you want, we both know what the reality is. If you can't accept that I'll assume you're being intellectually dishonest.
    It IS one person playing as several. I have never denied that.

We don't BOTH know what the reality is because you keep denying it. I will not accept your flawed opinion over your poor experience of going up against 4 other characters and dying, and then using a forum to make you feel good about how unfair it is.

You're being ironic again.......

Deleted
    Multiboxing is fine as it is cause the the low number of players doin it.

It IS one person playing as several. I have never denied that.

We don't BOTH know what the reality is because you keep denying it. I will not accept your flawed opinion over your poor experience of going up against 4 other characters and dying, and then using a forum to make you feel good about how unfair it is.

You're being ironic again.......
    We both know the reality because we wouldn't have this thread without it. And that's that one person pays to have the power of multiple people. That's it. There's no making excuses around that. In any other world than Blizzards, it would be against the rules for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I haven't seen a multiboxer in a few years, but I never really got mad when one would kill me. I always felt like if this is someone who has the money to do this and likes WoW enough to spend that money and time on multi-boxing, then more power to them. I'm sure it's something we've all wished we could try.
    Seriously? I see them all the time! I'm on silvermoon EU

We both know the reality because we wouldn't have this thread without it. And that's that one person pays to have the power of multiple people. That's it. There's no making excuses around that. In any other world than Blizzards, it would be against the rules for obvious reasons.
    ESO, SWTOR and STO allow it and they are free to play....

Deleted
    Again, not disagreeing with the one person having greater power. But he has no more power than 4 separate players, more likely he has less.

Our disagreement comes from whether it should be allowed or not. I'm not sure why you keep coming up with these other facts that I have not disagreed with.

I'm not aware of any other "world" that multi-boxing is considered against the rules but statistically there must be at least one. That doesn't mean they are right and Blizzard is wrong though (or even vice versa), well, other than in your mind.

ESO, SWTOR and STO allow it and they are free to play....
    And there they are. But again, it doesn't make them right (or once again wrong).

And there they are. But again, it doesn't make them right (or once again wrong).
    Just knocking more holes in his bucket.

I'm not aware of any other "world" that multi-boxing is considered against the rules but statistically there must be at least one.
    Tons of games / companies start with serious limitations on the number of accounts per person, then they decide that money from extra accounts means more than whatever purity they tried to achieve with the limitations and so they close their eyes onto it.

Bnet itself has a limitation of three accounts per person, they just don't enforce it.

Just knocking more holes in his bucket.
    You're better at saying things like this than making points.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Tons of games / companies start with serious limitations on the number of accounts per person, then they decide that money from extra accounts means more than whatever purity they tried to achieve with the limitations and so they close their eyes onto it.

Bnet itself has a limitation of three accounts per person, they just don't enforce it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EULA
    And, while you can register and play on multiple Accounts, you are not allowed to have more than three (3) Accounts with Battle.net Balance.
    Pretty sure they don't enforce it but it allows them to if there is an major issue with it especially now with gold to $$ through tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

You're better at saying things like this than making points.
    You post a point, I counter it. Nothing better to be done really.