Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It is when the entire country is at war...

America is the closest place to at least hold onto some quality of life. Many people flee south but we don't talk about them much because they aren't trying to enter the almighty America.
    There is no war in mexico.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah getting rid of the cartels would involve stopping American demand for Mexican drugs.

Reagan tried by making many drugs illegal and increasing the punishments for them, but 30 years later that obviously hasn't worked.

I don't think the average citizen of Mexico fleeing the war is running the country lol.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't stop their lives being threatened. That doesn't stop their families lives being threatened...
    You should... Who do you think runs a country? ANY country? I can give you a hint. It's NOT the people in "charge".
    The back-bone, the blood, sweat, & tears of any nation are on the faces of the everyday-average citizen.
    Until they wake up and realize THEY are the Cartels, it won't change.

And I'm sorry you think that way, but the world has enjoyed drugs looong before any Mexican cartels popped up.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    about time ICE earns their pay.

less mooches on the governments dime, higher pay, more jobs. Whats the downside?
    Well if you think that they will raise the wages for the "real Americans" that are gonna fill these jobs you are sorely mistaken. And even if it does they will have to raise the prices of the goods they produce and so there will not be any net gain as you think

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Thats their problem. They need to rethink their business model rather than break the law hiring illegal criminals to work for peanuts
    Very true. They should just raise food prices to offset the increased labor costs. I would much rather pay more for food, knowing that it is going to pay the salaries of taxpaying Americans than to get cheap food and have the government confiscate my wealth and inefficiently dole it out to illegals in various freebie programs.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    They need to follow legal channels if they want citizenship. End of story.
    The legal channel needs some major improvements.

And this kind of stalin esque security force raiding homes and taking peoples families and kids away is exactly what america is. This country has become so fucking pathetic. Americans should feel nothing but shame.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The legal channel needs some major improvements.

And this kind of stalin esque security force raiding homes and taking peoples families and kids away is exactly what america is. This country has become so fucking pathetic. Americans should feel nothing but shame.
    How come it's always that same tired mentality as, "Oh America, you're older now you shouldn't be doing the same things everyother country has done before. You're the big kid on the block now, and should know better!"

Fuck that, and Fuck you too.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    As it should. They are here illegally.
    I'm not denying that. However it doesn't mean we should lose our humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not how power works. A person with a gun can control a much larger group.

A person with money can control even more.

Blaming a majority for the actions of what is quite clearly a minority is absurd.

Yes and they have all had their fair share of conflicts. The opium wars etc. This is just a modern ramification of the drug trade.
    It doesn't mean that it's something that is impossible to solve or at least curb. But it would require cooperation with the US which would involve moving drug production outside of Mexico. It would require at least decriminalizing the manufacture of narcotics and controlling distribution.
    With that logic, Cartels have the Money & the Guns. AND! AND! They're not an official part of the NATION.. THEREFORE, that means it IS indeed the average JoeBlow, trying to get rich & powerful using drugs, money & guns.

You were saying?

Edit: LOL! Bro.. No one buys Mexican dirt weed. America grows our own now, Thank you.
    And our Coke comes from SOUTH AMERICA.. Not Mexico.. Bro Mexico is like that cheap Dollar store on the corner NO ONE goes to..
    You can say they're selling Coke & Weed.. But really it's just Flour & Oregano.
    Last edited by Violent; 2017-02-13 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    We're not at war with Eurasia either...

There is very much a war going on, it's a civil one.
    There is no civil war in mexico either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I'm not denying that. However it doesn't mean we should lose our humanity.
    the humane thing is to allow them to stay to pay for their second home in mexico or wherever they came from?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    How come it's always that same tired mentality as, "Oh America, you're older now you shouldn't be doing the same things everyother country has done before. You're the big kid on the block now, and should know better!"

Fuck that, and Fuck you too.
    We SHOULD know better. We SHOULD be better.

And yet we're acting like the toddler in the playroom despite all the resources at our disposal. You're preaching making the mistakes of the past over and over again. Why would you be willing to settle for being mediocre? When did average become the goal rather than great. when did americans lose the drive to be better than they are to be better than everyone else.

We're settling for second best, the 3rd prettiest girl and not the prom queen. And the saddest part of it all is this is avoidable. We have ALL the information. We KNEW exactly what we were doing and did it anyway.

We should send an army of edgy internet trolls to go combat the cartels, that'll show them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not aware that the cartels in Mexico's biggest customers are in the US?

No the US government is not in direct conflict with Mexico, but international politics are rarely that simple.
    Source please. I don't deal in worthless opinions or ideologically driven political agendas.

The average joe is not a member of the cartels? Yeah, some places in the US are helping to curb this by legalizing weed. Until you start making your own cocaine you're fucked.

They are citizens of Mexico still but not all citizens of Mexico are members of the cartels...
    Meanwhile mexico itself is doing jack shit to curb it. It's always the US burden to prevent mexicans from escaping their country or their drug cartel problem or whatever other problem they have. What do they do for us? Charge us a fee when we go on vacation there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    We SHOULD know better. We SHOULD be better.

And yet we're acting like the toddler in the playroom despite all the resources at our disposal. You're preaching making the mistakes of the past over and over again. Why would you be willing to settle for being mediocre? When did average become the goal rather than great. when did americans lose the drive to be better than they are to be better than everyone else.

We're settling for second best, the 3rd prettiest girl and not the prom queen. And the saddest part of it all is this is avoidable. We have ALL the information. We KNEW exactly what we were doing and did it anyway.
    Because we've gotten nothing but BS from everyone for thinking we WERE better than everyone else. We used to be, sure.
    But now that happened, the rest of the world is trying to grow up to.. By pointing out our own mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source for common knowledge? Google it.

Fuck it, it took 2 seconds:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...xico-violence/
    That is not a war, or an act of conquest or the like.

Or shall we say Mexico is at war with us in turn for not doing what they should as a sovereign country?

No? I thought as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    the humane thing is to allow them to stay to pay for their second home in mexico or wherever they came from?
    These people are desperate. Barely scraping together a living and yes, paying taxes. Aren't they what we want in our country?

Deleted
    Then what's it called when armed civilians are fighting the government?
    Armed criminals*

It's called organized crime.

Yes they are. They're fighting a losing battle.
    Oh boy :golfclap: for that. let me know when their government wants to stop being corrupt pieces of fecal matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Because we've gotten nothing but BS from everyone for thinking we WERE better than everyone else. We used to be, sure.
    But now that happened, the rest of the world is trying to grow up to.. By pointing out our own mistakes.
    And that's exactly the great thing about it. This country used to be hungry for it. We made plenty of mistakes and we fixed plenty of our mistakes. That's how it should be. But now instead of our own mistakes we're making russia and germany's mistakes. Mistakes that WE pointed out to them.