Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Now I know 70k dps is barely a gap worth noticing. Thank you for enlighting me.
    Not to mention saying our (f)utility is "insane", is a very accurate definition.
    Not to mention yet again that said (f)utility has nothing to do with our dps capabilities. I don't see hunters, mages, DK's or warriors being taxed in any way, shape or form because of utility.
    Care to compare dps+utility between classes/specs?
    I'm sure our "insane" (f)utility will trump literally any other class.

On topic of ontopic comic.
    There was a joke? Apparently the humor was incredibly acute.

There is a number of things to worry about actually.
    You would know if you actually participated in playing Ret or dragonslaying.
    Not top dps doesn't = bad dps or low dps.

Why is that so hard to understand? Ret dps is good and competitive. You aren't being taxed because you have utility, it's a bonus.

No it doesn't
    And 70k dps gap is not huge
    One of these statements is wrong

No it doesn't
    In an overall boss total average, 70k is not a lot. It isn't a lot at all. If a ret pally, can be 2nd on dps in one of the worlds best guilds on mythic gul'dan, pretty sure that means overall, they aren't doing bad. They're in a decent position.

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn't
    Also, if we look at heroic, seeing as mythic is a highly inaccurate source of information for the next month or so, until more guilds have cleared 10/10.

It' a 30k difference, which is like nothing.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&dataset=95

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    In an overall boss total average, 70k is not a lot. It isn't a lot at all. If a ret pally, can be 2nd on dps in one of the worlds best guilds on mythic gul'dan, pretty sure that means overall, they aren't doing bad. They're in a decent position
    Oh my, very well then.
    I can bring anecdotal evidence just as much: if a Ret pally can be played at gladiator level by the likes of Vanguards, pretty sure that means overall, they aren't doing bad in pvp. They're in a decent position.

Oh my, very well then.
    I can bring anecdotal evidence just as much: if a Ret pally can be played at gladiator level by the likes of Vanguards, pretty sure that means overall, they aren't doing bad in pvp. They're in a decent position.
    This has nothing to do with pvp, I'm talking about PVE. You're just so desperate to be a "Hard done by" spec. When in reality, at the very most, all you need is a tiny buff. You're hardly in a bad spot, you aren't below average, you aren't undesirable.

This has nothing to do with pvp, I'm talking about PVE. You're just so desperate to be a "Hard done by" spec. When in reality, at the very most, all you need is a tiny buff. You're hardly in a bad spot, you aren't below average, you aren't undesirable.
    Ofcourse it has nothing to do with pvp, I simply brought just as much anecdotal evidence as you did, for the sake of example.
    So in reality you don't even play ret and are so desperate to argue for your own agenda.
    Emerald Archer, you have failed this thread.

Ofcourse it has nothing to do with pvp, I simply brought just as much anecdotal evidence as you did, for the sake of example.
    So in reality you don't even play ret and are so desperate to argue for your own agenda.
    Emerald Archer, you have failed this thread.
    The evidence I brought in was from warcraft logs.. it's accurate logs, from many ret pallys. It's a fair average. Where's your proof for why they're bad? Because you do bad damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=4

idk on heroic they are looking pretty good

also being a skeptic does not protect you from being called out on your beleifs... posting a thread about your conspiracy theory is not a automatic "safe place"
    Please, tell me you didn't come here to make a case on heroic.

I agree, sure. But please ban the same threads on conspiracy theories of all kinds and religion bs, and then we got a deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Elemental shaman is #1 on it, despite being far from the most desired raid spec. So it hardly counts. Ret would be 70k from the 2nd, which is actually really good. The specs are really close now. Like come on, unholy is last and still world first raiding guilds took an unholy, because they may be last, but the damage they do is far from bad. Sure they could use a slight buff, but they aren't unviable.

People need to chill out, there will always be some specs lower than others, that's just how it works, as long as your spec is desired in raid teams, you're pretty well balanced. And ret is HIGHLY desired.
    Are you kidding me? Ele shaman is amazing atm. They got top tier AoE AND single target.
    And stop comparing us to classes that have options. Unholy isnt OP? Boohoo, no problem cause Frost is. They got a choice, we don't. We are stuck with our shitty ST.

And i completely disagree. Ret is not anywhere close in single target.

The problem is people have difficulty diferentiating single target from cleave. Yeah, we cleave with DH. When we got stuff to cleave, great. When we don't, crap. Simple. Not to mention that the top parses only get there with lucky ret passive buffs.
    No, single target is not good, its lagging behind everyone else and will tend to get worse.

But sorry if i have more vision than just "Oh, we're fine" before we actually hit the shitter. I'd like to avoid that scenario than having to get there before some of you open your eyes.

This is completely off-topic though, and we got a thread to debate this in already.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-02-12 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Please, tell me you didn't come here to make a case on heroic.

I agree, sure. But please ban the same threads on conspiracy theories of all kinds and religion bs, and then we got a deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding me? Ele shaman is amazing atm. They got top tier AoE AND single target.
    And stop comparing us to classes that have options. Unholy isnt OP? Boohoo, no problem cause Frost is. They got a choice, we don't. We are stuck with our shitty ST.

And i completely disagree. Ret is not anywhere close in single target.

The problem is people have difficulty diferentiating single target from cleave. Yeah, we cleave with DH. When we got stuff to cleave, great. When we don't, crap. Simple. Not to mention that the top parses only get there with lucky ret passive buffs.
    No, single target is not good, its lagging behind everyone else and will tend to get worse.

But sorry if i have more vision than just "Oh, we're fine" before we actually hit the shitter. I'd like to avoid that scenario than having to get there before some of you open your eyes.

This is completely off-topic though, and we got a thread to debate this in already.
    There's 1 ST fight in NH, which ret is below average in yes, but the 5 hardest bosses, Tich/Bot/Star/Elisande/Gul'dan. Ret performs very well. Usually around the 5th mark.

Not sure why you're comparing everything to ST, when ST isn't the be all and end all in raids.

Elemental are great and all, but rets are more desired in a raid team.

Also, /lol at knocking heroic logs, when they're currently the only accurate logs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerknard View Post
    So What is the sly move?
    In the new PTR build, all DPS except for Ret and Destro. They Got:
    Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

So What about Ret?
    Retribution
    Ferocity of the Silver Hand (Rank 1) (New) Templar's Verdict increases the damage of your next Blade of Justice by 10%.

In the Mist of Pand... I mean In the Mist of Wowtokenrage, Blizzard manage to skillfully implement a shitty Artifact Talent.

More proof:

Frost
    Ferocity of the Ebon Blade (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Unholy
    Cunning of the Ebon Blade (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Havoc
    Illidari Ferocity (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Balance
    Radiance of the Cenarion Circle (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Feral
    Ferocity of the Cenarion Circle (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Beast Mastery
    Bond of the Unseen Path (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Marksmanship
    Acuity of the Unseen Path (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Survival
    Ferocity of the Unseen Path (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Arcane
    Intensity of the Tirisgarde (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Fire
    Instability of the Tirisgarde (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Frost
    Frigidity of the Tirisgarde (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Windwalker
    Ferocity of the Broken Temple (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Shadow
    Darkness of the Conclave (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Assassination
    Silence of the Uncrowned (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Outlaw
    Bravado of the Uncrowned (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Subtlety
    Shadows of the Uncrowned (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Elemental
    Power of the Earthen Ring (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Enhancement
    Might of the Earthen Ring (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Affliction
    Degradation of the Black Harvest (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Demonology
    Swarms of the Black Harvest (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Destruction
    Flames of the Black Harvest (Rank 1) (New) Increases the damage of Conflagrate by 10%.

Arms
    Arms of the Valarjar (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.

Fury
    Fury of the Valarjar (Rank 1) (New) Increases damage by 10% and Stamina by 25%.
    Taken from the 7.2 PTR Trait Discussion Thread on the offical forums:

Lore: In this thread, we're specifically looking for feedback on the new traits themselves: the new 4-point, 1-point, and Golden traits.

As you can see, they are not looking for feedback on the "big" trait, which proberly means that they are still work in progress. Just because it is on the PTR, does not mean that it is going to live at all.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    There's 1 ST fight in NH, which ret is below average in yes, but the 5 hardest bosses, Tich/Bot/Star/Elisande/Gul'dan. Ret performs very well. Usually around the 5th mark.

Not sure why you're comparing everything to ST, when ST isn't the be all and end all in raids.

Elemental are great and all, but rets are more desired in a raid team.

Also, /lol at knocking heroic logs, when they're currently the only accurate logs.

First, ST because it used to be our strength and its now our weakness. ST is important for progression. Other classes have strong AoE, cleave and ST. So, don't come say its ok to have crap ST cause of our cleave, when its not the strongest out there.

Second, blessing of wisdom.

Third, in heroic you can take alot of deaths and still kill the boss. Myhic is the difficulty less pandered by the Ret passive. Actually, the whole problem is that we look strong in heroic and look weak in mythic. This is because of the Ret passive and its what is making the unbalance.

Finally, i have said all this in the other thread about this. So, go post there on this topic cause this thread is about traits. Also, so i don't have to repeat myself.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-02-13 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    First, ST because it used to be our strength and its now our weakness. ST is important for progression. Other classes have strong AoE, cleave and ST. So, don't come say its ok to have crap ST cause of our cleave, when its not the strongest out there.

Second, blessing of wisdom.

Third, in heroic you can take alot of deaths and still kill the boss. Myhic is the difficulty less pandered by the Ret passive. Actually, the whole problem is that we look strong in heroic and look weak in mythic. This is because of the Ret passive and its what is making the unbalance.

Finally, i have said all this in the other thread about this. So, go post there on this topic cause this thread is about traits. Also, so i don't have to repeat myself.
    Love how you looked at what I said, and made up a bunch of things I never said.

End of the day, ret looks crap in mythic because 3 of its best fights, the last 3 have barely any logs uploaded for it. So you have no proof of them being bad till a shit load more guilds have made kills. Exorsus themselves said all specs are very very balanced right now. But it's okay, I'm sure your opinion means more than theirs.

Deleted
    Love how you looked at what I said, and made up a bunch of things I never said.

End of the day, ret looks crap in mythic because 3 of its best fights, the last 3 have barely any logs uploaded for it. So you have no proof of them being bad till a shit load more guilds have made kills. Exorsus themselves said all specs are very very balanced right now. But it's okay, I'm sure your opinion means more than theirs.
    You are completely incorrect. It is pointless wether the rest of the fights have logs or not because my issue is with single target, not cleave.
    My problem is the Ret passive and our ST damage. I have only said like 3 times already.

Also, don't keep out the part where exorsus said "compared to S2M Shadow priest.". Kind of relevant. Anyone can agree they were far above everyone else before the patch.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-02-13 at 01:00 PM.

Retribution only looks good when people mess up and die. Otherwise we are sub par compared to most specs out there when played at an equal skill and gear level ( gear with proportional stat weights). The only reason why they are taken in the top guilds for progression is because of BOW over a 6+ min fight. Otherwise the guilds will have no issues bringing more DHs, SPriests, Warriors, or Frost DK who preform better on almost every single fight in the raid

Deleted
    Placeholder. Placeholders. Placeholders.
    Relax and see what happens before the ret community goes into a spin.
    If it goes live I do see why, but until then, please relax.

i agree with what Nemmar said
    i padd on Trilliax (M) just to compete with DHs and warriors hitting the little robots so i can get the numbers
    our ST dmg (NH) is kinda low compared to ST dmg (EN-ToV)
    what they called fun extra perk for flavor made the class So Op due to people failing on the boss mechanics.
    but i still believe this is the way blizzard gives the satisfaction to their clients
    they make a class shine for a week or so and then they nerf it so they can let another classes shines

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    i agree with what Nemmar said
    i padd on Trilliax (M) just to compete with DHs and warriors hitting the little robots so i can get the numbers
    our ST dmg (NH) is kinda low compared to ST dmg (EN-ToV)
    what they called fun extra perk for flavor made the class So Op due to people failing on the boss mechanics.
    but i still believe this is the way blizzard gives the satisfaction to their clients
    they make a class shine for a week or so and then they nerf it so they can let another classes shines
    The damage done to little robots are removed on warcraft logs stuff. Just for note.

The damage done to little robots are removed on warcraft logs stuff. Just for note.
    i know i was talking about the dps meters mate

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    i know i was talking about the dps meters mate
    Who cares about those? Any raid group looking at those and thinking they mean anything, is a pretty shit group lol.

damn you judge fast
    first who said anything about raid groups!
    i'm talking about my dps meter and i do it just for satisfaction
    chill man chill get xanax