Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pro-choice because of the surroundings I grew up in. Having grown up a minority in poverty, I witnessed all too many friends in their teens at the time, get pregnant and continue the cycle of underage pregnancies and the hardships that come with unplanned pregnancies that plague such communities. If abortions remain an option, I would hope that this cycle comes to an end. However, abortions shouldn't be an alternative to contraceptives. Although abortion should remain an option, at least here in the U.S, we really need to step up our sex education standards and practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Saying it performs the same function is just ignorant of all the psychological effects of sex. You're ill-informed. You should change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. What dos that have to do with anything once you're already pregnant?
    Nothing, I was simply demonstrating irresponsible behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Why am I pro-choice in the USA : Because outlawing abortion is the alternative which leads to :

1) Females being seen by society as nothing more then incubators that can simply be raped when males would like a child if females don't have the option to abort a product of rape.

2) An explosive increase in the number of unwanted children forced into an already over-loaded foster care system that lacks proper resources to take care of existing unwanted children.

3) An explosive increase in illegal abortions, including ones that potentially endanger the life of the mother and ones that are particularly inhumane, because of the desperation of females who were raped, don't feel ready to be a mother or coerced by others to abort.

4) An explosive increase in birth defects (a pregnant female who is compelled only by law and not by her own will to give birth is almost certainly not going to take the proper steps necessary to ensure a healthy child).

5) An explosive increase in the number of single/extremely young mothers which in turn leads to higher rates of death (pregnant female is so young she can't bear the pregnancy), suicide, crime, welfare dependency, aggressive tendencies in their children, child abuse of unwanted children, etc.

6) An explosive increase in the number of false rape accusations, particularly if rape cases are exempt and treated as exceptional cases where abortion is allowed.

7) An explosive increase in poor pregnant females dying from complications because they couldn't afford healthcare during pregnancy.

I'm against these negative consequences on society more than I'm against early-term abortion. As a result, I'm against criminalizing abortion. I'm totally in favor of encouraging people to be smarter about who they sleep with and how, including making it easier for us to adopt children born from females unwilling or incapable of raising them. That's very different from having our government force females at gunpoint who are unwilling/incapable of bearing a child to have the child anyway.

The ideal scenario pro-lifers seem to imagine is this utopia where children are running around happy, where some baby who might have formerly been considered for abortion finds a cure for cancer or something like that. The reality is that criminalizing abortion is simply forcing a large number of females to bear a child regardless if any of the above circumstances are in play. If I genuinely believed it was a recipe for happy and productive lives, I'd be pro-life, but reality strongly suggests that it's a recipe for human suffering, for the females forced to give birth and the unwanted children and the society that must witness and bear the burden of this.
    You've got the argument all wrong.

The reason pro-lifers are against abortion, is because it's killing a "person" in their view. Your opinion is that abortion is ok because it's not a "person", or so I SHOULD HOPE SO.

If you do believe that a baby in the womb is a human, and you still support abortion, then according to your reasons above you should also support killing grown humans when it's financially responsible, whether it be they are criminal, or defective in a social or physical way.

The entire abortion debate is about nothing but is it a human or not. We do not discuss the pros and cons of killing a human. If that were the case, we shouldn't have poor or defective peoples in our society, we should just abort them already because they simply don't offer anything to our society.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2017-02-13 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So if she's 8 1/2 months along, but gets bored and decides she doesn't want it anymore, it's ok for her to abort still, as it should be her "right" to her own autonomy?
    Is that something you seriously think happens? Girls and women abort because they simply get bored? You are not allowed to be that dense.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Deleted
    Because separation of church and state for fuck sake get over your dusty book translated a dozen times written by some dude that was high and spoke to a judgemental man on a cloud

Because I'm not a bleeding heart, religious nor backwards thinking. People against choice are the exact sort of people the world needs the least.

Why am I pro-choice in the USA : Because outlawing abortion is the alternative which leads to :

1) Females being seen by society as nothing more then incubators that can simply be raped when males would like a child if females don't have the option to abort a product of rape.
    Stop reading here. Concluding the endorsement of rape is bs.

Because Human life is just as worthless as any other form of life.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account

2) An explosive increase in the number of unwanted children forced into an already over-loaded foster care system that lacks proper resources to take care of existing unwanted children.

3) An explosive increase in illegal abortions, including ones that potentially endanger the life of the mother and ones that are particularly inhumane, because of the desperation of females who were raped, don't feel ready to be a mother or coerced by others to abort.

4) An explosive increase in birth defects (a pregnant female who is compelled only by law and not by her own will to give birth is almost certainly not going to take the proper steps necessary to ensure a healthy child).

5) An explosive increase in the number of single/extremely young mothers which in turn leads to higher rates of death (pregnant female is so young she can't bear the pregnancy), suicide, crime, welfare dependency, aggressive tendencies in their children, child abuse of unwanted children, etc.

6) An explosive increase in the number of false rape accusations, particularly if rape cases are exempt and treated as exceptional cases where abortion is allowed.

7) An explosive increase in poor pregnant females dying from complications because they couldn't afford healthcare during pregnancy.

I'm against these negative consequences on society more than I'm against early-term abortion. As a result, I'm against criminalizing abortion. I'm totally in favor of encouraging people to be smarter about who they sleep with and how, including making it easier for us to adopt children born from females unwilling or incapable of raising them. That's very different from having our government force females at gunpoint who are unwilling/incapable of bearing a child to have the child anyway.

The ideal scenario pro-lifers seem to imagine is this utopia where children are running around happy, where some baby who might have formerly been considered for abortion finds a cure for cancer or something like that. The reality is that criminalizing abortion is simply forcing a large number of females to bear a child regardless if any of the above circumstances are in play. If I genuinely believed it was a recipe for happy and productive lives, I'd be pro-life, but reality strongly suggests that it's a recipe for human suffering, for the females forced to give birth and the unwanted children and the society that must witness and bear the burden of this.
    While non of my reasons have anything to do with the ridiculous nonsense you're saying here and I do find abortions use as birth control an extremely disgusting act, the government has place in making medical decisions on other peoples behalf.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't feel the desire for it anymore these days. highschool experiences were enough for me.

i feel kinda disgusted every time i think about being touched in that way now. touched in general, really.
    That's even more depressing.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    To those defending the right of abortion, please stick with the body autonomy argument, which is a good argument, despite of the fact i disagree with it.

Don't ever use the argument that pregnancy and parasitism are the same thing or even analogous to each other. This argument is easy to debunk because its rejected by science and makes you look lo
    Ike a science denier extremist.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Because separation of church and state for fuck sake get over your dusty book translated a dozen times written by some dude that was high and spoke to a judgemental man on a cloud
    Abortion is not a religious issue, there are plenty of atheist who are against abortion, so don't bring forbidden topics into the discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Abortion is not a religious issue, there are plenty of atheist who are against abortion, so don't bring forbidden topics into the discussion.
    http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/u.../abortion1.jpg

If birth control worked 99% of the time, you have a 40% chance of getting pregnant after having sex 50 times.
    That's assuming that one gets pregnant every time they have sex if they do not use contraception.

- - - Updated - - -

Abortion support and opposition is largely based on religious views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwhelmingly it is. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Deleted
    No sense in making someone have kids that they don't want as obviously they will not be raised in a proper environment. That and obviously it will open up a black market for abortions which will just cause more people do die.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    If birth control worked 99% of the time, you have a 40% chance of getting pregnant after having sex 50 times.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not irresponsible though.
    If you are a woman, then you can abort. If you are a man, ohh god, then the failed contraceptive method will be no excuse and you are fuc*** for 18 years of your life.

Looks like equality to me

Thanks for proving my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's assuming that one gets pregnant every time they have sex if they do not use contraception.

- - - Updated - - -

Abortion support and opposition is largely based on religious views.
    So? That doesn't mean it's all about religion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Overwhelmingly it is. Let's not pretend otherwise.
    Stop spreading ignorance.

It's called basic human decency. A woman's body, a woman's choice.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Uh, no it's not? If birth control prevents pregnancy 99% of the time, there's a 1% chance of getting pregnant. Knowing very basic probabilities you can calculate that after 50 times, that gives you a 40% chance that at least one of those times resulted in pregnancy. If there were a 99.99% chance of dying from a car accident, would you consider it irresponsible to drive somewhere?
    https://www.bedsider.org/questions/1...ting-pregnancy

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...ethods_508.pdf

http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/bc-chart.html#

What it shows, is that the people who take the most common forms of birth control... aren't being consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for proving my point.

- - - Updated - - -

So? That doesn't mean it's all about religion.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop spreading ignorance.
    It is not ALL about religion, but it is largely about religion, as the statistics showed you. Religion is a fundamental basis for a lot of restrictive legislation in this country. That's not to say that some non-religious people don't also think that way, but the statistical evidence is pretty damn clear. Religion plays a huge part in such issues.