Lightbulb So i tested out some stats on my frost dk

BEST FROST DK STATS

So today logged onto my Death Knight and decided to mess around with some builds since there was nothing to do. I tested out a really high haste build and really high crit build. Surprisingly, both stats are pretty equal with crit barely pulling ahead but haste did more overall consistent dps while doing decent burst dps. In both my builds I use the same legendaries which is the sephuz's secret and the legendary helm. Both of my trinkets were stat sticks since I wanted to avoid rng in my tests. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by mmowin; 2017-02-13 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Why would haste increase burst more than crit?

Haste gives more rune regen. This can increase Breath of Sindragosa uptime quite a lot, giving you a longer the burst phase. Crit will increase burst dmg more tho
    Last edited by rohendar; 2017-02-13 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    because he can blow more runes into breath

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    I realise that, i just wondered if a few extra % haste would make much difference to burst, comparec to that same % as crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    because he can blow more runes into breath
    Agreed. I noticed when I had a lot of haste I could keep BoS going for about 60 seconds or more. With a high crit build I could barely maintain BoS for longer than 40+ seconds however I did more burst dmg obviously. I still prefer haste though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    MORE HASTE = Faster rune regen = more obliterates = more runic power gained = longer breaths. I vouch for haste!

Deleted
    A simple question - are you talking about stat weights?
    You're doing a "BoS expire burst test".
    You're from this video showing a total of 1 pull/build, as well as not posting any additional data about having done additional ones.
    The 3 itemlevel that you gain/lose adds up to a total of around 500 stats +-sockets, which is more than 1% total damage swing, hence inaccurate from the start.
    The test is also slightly flawed by your legendaries, but this is unavoidable due to availability issues.

This can not be called a statweight test. The tests are too short from the footage, and way too few in number.

You do state a couple of sketchy things.
    "There is no right or wrong stat" There are many ways to go about this, but let me explain in a simple manner: There are statbuilds that promotes certain "types" of fights, and you want to aim for a statsheet that hits as good as possible on these following 3: ST, 2 target permanent cleave, burst 4+ target for 15 sec cleave.
    Most of the times, ST dps will currently promote a spread statsheet with the stats you mentioned in the video (see below).
    2target permanent cleave will often promote Mas>Crit, nothing much will change from the ST priorities more than versatility dropping in value, as well as Haste dropping significantly over the "20-23% threshold" that can currently be seen through simulations depending on statlevels.
    Burst cleave is harder to judge. By analyzing the style of how a burst cleave phase works, we know that "I want to deal as much damage as possible to the targets that will die quickly, so I am the one getting credit for it". What we do know here is that Haste probably won't do much good due to you needing quite a bit of it in order to fit another GCD in, since that GCD would be your only DPS increase from haste. Vers falls even lower than it does on 2target permanent, due to mas having a higher total impact due to AoE abilities dealing Frost damage. We are left with Crit and Mas here, where Crit opts for a higher consistency rate in cleave, whereas mastery opts for a less consistent yet higher potential dps gain.
    When we mesh all these 3 styles together, we now know:
    Haste loses value after a threshold, but is very important prior to it.
    Versatility weighs lower if there's cleave involved.
    Crit is your most valuable stat for ST, and most likely for burst cleave as well.
    Mas becomes more valuable the more targets there are, making it a solid stat.
    What you want to aim for is: Crit(25)>Haste(20)>Crit>Mas>Haste>Vers.
    More accurate numbers can be found in Simulationcraft.

"Correct statweights - 25%C, 21%H > Stack anything"
    This is a pretty rash assumption - you "read this on many guides" yet your don't make any arguments for why you agree to it.
    Whereas these numbers you posted are fairly accurate, the "stack anything" part is completely wrong, as you can see above.
    A big reason for why you want >20% haste with this build is the GS overlap inside BoS HRW. At exactly 1.25 GCD, your "average" RW will be prolonged by right about 12.5 seconds, meaning you CAN reapply RW with 10 stacks when always using Rime procs with a bit of luck.
    If you raise your GCD to 1.3, this becomes a lot harder and you have to use a lot less Rime procs for it to be possible.
    If you lower your GCD to 1.2, this becomes even easier, but since you could already do it at 1.25, that "big dps gain" is lost, making the 5% haste requirement a pretty bad investment, since all you gain is slightly lower GCD, more resources and a couple of seconds on BoS for 1900 statpoints.

To summarize how to judge statpoints without using Simcraft as a tool:
    You need to have a solid base "guide" - AKA the basic "25-20" ratio as a starter.
    You need to combine fight-to-fight scenarios, and judge what type of relevant content comes up the most.
    You need to understand how the stats work, and how stat scaling works for your class as well as how the stat performs in different scenarios.
    You need to understand how to calculate and see where the probable breakpoints are.
    For example, why haste becomes less valuable at a threshhold.

I hope this helped, but don't try to make guide videos without the proper knowledge or content.