Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    Darkmoon faire is only once in a month, and you only gain 5 skillups with that one quest correct (once a month?) which means there are over 4 months of waiting to get max JC. i have alot of gold so i can afford it, im only speaking on behalf of those who might want JC without paying so much for it.
    Nothing wrong with it taking 4 months. Gating professions is nothing new. That gating and the cost to get 800 combined to keep JCing very profitable. If it was cheap and easy to get to 800, it would be far less profitable because everyone would have an 800 JC alt.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Engineering was redeemed in 7.1.5, Inscription had tome materials lowered, I'm sure more things will follow, maybe 7.2.5 .

We also don't know much about crafted legendaries at all, if they are either just orange level 940 , or actual effects.

Agree, Blizzard completely ruined professions with all that RNG all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I liked the Burning Crusade model. Every professions was useful and had good endgame items. Leatherworking was overturned but that is the outlier.
    Eh. All three were way too strong in TBC. But that's what people want, OP weapons.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Eh. All three were way too strong in TBC. But that's what people want, OP weapons.
    Only BS rewarded weapons though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Only BS rewarded weapons though.
    OP items, then.
    Frozen shadowweave/spellfire were usable way past T5
    Drums were good enough for mass rerolls and sunwell bop patterns (lw/tailoring chest) were also way better than any alternative in the slot.

Ty for making me clarify.

Feels good to have alchemy, consistently useful and good money maker.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    OP items, then.
    Frozen shadowweave/spellfire were usable way past T5
    Drums were good enough for mass rerolls and sunwell bop patterns (lw/tailoring chest) were also way better than any alternative in the slot.

Ty for making me clarify.
    Oh I agree... I recall spending a crap load of gold on absurd mats for the 3p LW set on my shaman.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The questing idea was cool, except for the fact that most of the the quest gear (at least in LW) you learned was worthless and everything "worthwhile"(for the first month of expansion) was just bought from a vendor. Essentially making all the questing a giant waste of time.

Having three ranks is dumb because you learn rank 1 then go buy rank 2 from a vendor for 30g or whatever (so dumb) then try to get rank 3 stuff, which is mostly just RNG or overpriced.

And did I mention the gear is practically worthless?

I literally don't understand how people can design this stuff, at the level they are at nonetheless, and not see problems.

I have to say this is the first expansion I've almost completely ignored professions.

Started out cool, then became dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3 crafting professions (Tailoring, Leatherworking and Blacksmithing) have been not useful at all since they removed Leg Enchants/Bracer Sockets. I really wish they wouldn't have removed them from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are too afraid to make gear-crafting professions able to make viable gear because they probably do not want people feeling forced to do professions in order to gear their character for progression. This is why i love the way ESO does crafting. The material cost can be steep, but some of the best gear in the game is crafted, and mixed with gear from other sources as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    They royally screwed up professions in WoD with everyone having access to everything. The screwed 180 degree's the other way and made professions to much of a hassle to track down everything rank three on multiple toons. Way to go blizz... way to go
    So your saying someone will bitch no matter what Blizz does? although that certainly seems to be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Engineering was redeemed in 7.1.5, Inscription had tome materials lowered, I'm sure more things will follow, maybe 7.2.5 .

We also don't know much about crafted legendaries at all, if they are either just orange level 940 , or actual effects.
    Materials being lowered for Inscription was pointless, because their still isn't a big enough demand for anything Inscription can make now, like their was before when people would make a new toon and be buying every glyph that class had.

Lol at anyone thinking Professions in WoD were even remotely good (with the one good exception of not feeling forced to level the profession).

MoP/previous style was fine. Legion style is an interesting concept on paper but man does it screw over people who don't want to level a bunch of characters just to get base recipes.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Crafting professions really need to go back to their BC state of relevance. Having crafted items being competitive (or even bis) until BT was great. And they were appropriate grinds for mats, giving less hardcore raiders solid options for gear. I remember how accomplished I felt finally making my Lionheart Executioner, used it well into Wrath leveling.

Crafted Legendaries coming soon MAY bring them some relevance again, but since we don't know what those Legendaries will be it's just wishful thinking at the moment.

Im making good gold, also selling 815, but mostly older stuff.

Broke 100k sales today Not pure profit ofc, but still selling that much on a monday...

Im suprised nobody mentioned how toxic proffesion quests we're...the LW quest where you chase a moose is absolutely toxic 11/10 scale.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    The idea of profession quests was freaking fantastic and I loved doing all of them. You know what wasn't so great? the fact all progression after that was RNG that just upgraded existing patterns....professions...and i guess i speak more for us crafting professions tailors, leatherworkers and blacksmiths deserve more progression than, well this patch you can upgrade the gear you make by 5 more item levels, so people who only do world quests MAY buy it....

I see they're adding legendaries next patch which i really hope are BoP to increase the worth of these professions, but if they're BoE at least we can make money...back on point though professions were really really fun when legion launched, but now they just seem so...blah, i mean I'll never do a rbg for a pattern nor should you ever have to.
    Profs were HORID in WOD, they are MUCH better now.

Agreed mostly useless. In the effort to balance the usefulness of profession now they are equally pretty useless.

The only thing i don't like about them now is the last 10-15 points. It's straight punishment.

The quest addition was nice an all. But it makes it a pain in the ass on alts. Alchemy ends up being gated by quests, procs, gold, and drops. At least others don't also rely on rng procs, which is bullshit.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2017-02-13 at 05:09 PM.

Professions are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Agreed mostly useless. In the effort to balance the usefulness of profession now they are equally pretty useless.
    Crafted Armor, for example, is largely useless. Why am i questing at 110 (and spending a fortune in time and mats) to get the recipe to make a piece of 715 armor?