Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who is a great WoW hero for solo play?

I have Sylvanas unlocked but I'd like to try a different WoW hero during the upcoming promotion.

Is Falstad still good?

Thanks!
    Last edited by solidstate101; 2017-02-11 at 08:57 PM.

Ragnaros is arguably the best hero in the game at the moment, but he's also not cheap. Don't worry about it too much for the promotion though. Pretty much all the Warcraft heroes do well when played well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar is amazing if you learn to micro Misha well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian, with the dual wield level 10 talent he's great. I personally love Kael but with valera in every game I wouldn't recommend it in qp, all the ones suggested above are great too.

Malfurion and Rehgar are both great supports.

Zagara is a good all-around hero for solo play.
    Jaina is great for pushing lanes or poking.
    I like Chromie for poking/killing, her range is great and often better than Azmodan's dunks.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rehgar is love <3
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Zagara is a good all-around hero for solo play.
    Jaina is great for pushing lanes or poking.
    I like Chromie for poking/killing, her range is great and often better than Azmodan's dunks.
    OP was specifically asking about WoW heroes, since you have to play Warcraft heroes for the upcoming mount promotion. That rules Zagara out.

ETC is simple to play.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Unless I misunderstood the terms of the promotion you have to play the games with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by drezlik View Post
    Unless I misunderstood the terms of the promotion you have to play the games with friends.
    Correct, 15 games in a party, playing a Warcraft hero.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Rexxar is amazing if you learn to micro Misha well.
    Seconded. Been playing him a lot as a bruiser since his talent update. He's amazing fun.

Does great burst damage at 13, and if you position well to keep yourself safe, Animal Husbandry makes you and Misha so unbelievably tanky when it ramps up.

Finishing a game with 1500 extra HP on both is great fun.

One of the best early bullies as well.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you just look to make it quickly for the WoW mount, you can just pick Sylvanas and faceroll with a friend through A.I. games in 5 minutes each.

Quote Originally Posted by drezlik View Post
    Yes, in a party with friends, while playing a Warcraft character. If your friend picks a non-WC character, you still get progress for the promotion, but your friend does not. Likewise, if you decide you just have to play Lucio, while your friend picks a WC hero, they will get credit towards the promotion but you will not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question isn't which ones are good - The question is, which ones are not good?

To that I say, Stitches. All other Warcraft Heroes, while maybe not FANTASTIC, can do pretty good in VS. AI and QM. Muradin and Uther are lower winrate heroes, but generally considered as solid picks at higher ranks. Avoid Medivh in QM if you are not 9001% confident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The question isn't which ones are good - The question is, which ones are not good?
    Arthas is pretty limited in his effectiveness as well. Thrall does more damage, has better self sustain, and can root even better than Arthas can, since his wolf passes through minions, so for a solo player...not much reason to pick Arthas over Thrall. Plus, in some cases, it varies. A good Illidan player can be extremely effective. A poor one will be constantly diving to their death. So if you know what you're doing and can play Illidan well, he's a good choice...but if you're not as confident, a Thrall or Ragnaros for example would be a safer solo pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Arthas is pretty limited in his effectiveness as well. Thrall does more damage, has better self sustain, and can root even better than Arthas can, since his wolf passes through minions, so for a solo player...not much reason to pick Arthas over Thrall. Plus, in some cases, it varies. A good Illidan player can be extremely effective. A poor one will be constantly diving to their death. So if you know what you're doing and can play Illidan well, he's a good choice...but if you're not as confident, a Thrall or Ragnaros for example would be a safer solo pick.
    Arthas is pretty much strictly an Anti-AA pick, akin to how Anub'Arak is an anti-mage pick. Thrall has an excellent kit, and is thus an overall solid choice, but if you had a choice between, say, Thrall or Arthas against a comp that has Butcher, Morales, Tassadar, Tracer, and Rehgar (An unusual comp to be sure, but one that focuses entirely on huge amounts of AA damage, and counters burst), Arthas would be the better pick here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.