LastLast

Can heroic dungeon gear tf to 925?

Title is the question
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Everything can.

Even normal dungeon loot and world quests.

Lower base ilvl, lower chance to proc so many titanforge increases, but it can happen, and it has already. Reddit usually has a couple of those mega procs shown once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Everything can.

Even normal dungeon loot and world quests.

Lower base ilvl, lower chance to proc so many titanforge increases, but it can happen, and it has already. Reddit usually has a couple of those mega procs shown once in a while.
    Actually, unless something changed this tier that I haven't seen anything on, no.

The system works that everything can titanforge, and can proc as many times even. But because of base ilevels not everything can reach the max. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...d_actually_is/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Actually, unless something changed this tier that I haven't seen anything on, no.

The system works that everything can titanforge, and can proc as many times even. But because of base ilevels not everything can reach the max. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...d_actually_is/
    This is 8 months ago and also wrong, post you quoted is absolutely correct.

on reddit somewhere is an 840 BoE pure haste ring, that titanforged to 920 socket, so yes it can reach 925, but the more titanforge required the lower the chance, rolling +100 ilvl is probably like 0.0000001% so finding that happening may take a while.

10+ Year Old Account

His info is wrong, considering my guildie got a 900 relic from a WQ.

it probably works a lot like the Path of Exile chance to link an item where an item drops, warforge has a 50% chance of rolling true, if that rolls true it rolls the next warforge and so on.

chance = .5^((TF/WFilvl - base ilvl) / 5)

825 100%
    830 50%
    835 25%
    840 12.5%
    845 6.25%
    850 3.12%
    855 1.56%
    860 0.78%
    865 0.39%
    870 0.19%
    875 0.09%
    880 0.04%
    885 0.02%
    890 0.01%
    895 0.006%
    900 0.003%
    905 0.00015%
    910 0.000076%
    915 0.000038%
    920 0.000019%
    925 0.0000095%

then again maybe not i have no idea
    Last edited by Jdance; 2017-02-13 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    it probably works a lot like the Path of Exile chance to link an item where an item drops, warforge has a 50% chance of rolling true, if that rolls true it rolls the next warforge and so on.

chance = .5^((TF/WFilvl - base ilvl) / 5)

825 100%
    830 50%
    835 25%
    840 12.5%
    845 6.25%
    850 3.12%
    855 1.56%
    860 0.78%
    865 0.39%
    870 0.19%
    875 0.09%
    880 0.04%
    885 0.02%
    890 0.01%
    895 0.006%
    900 0.003%
    905 0.00015%
    910 0.000076%
    915 0.000038%
    920 0.000019%
    925 0.0000095%
    Thats why you rub your items at kuduku to buff your % to get 6l.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    In theory yes. In practice it's so unlikely that it's not even worth considering.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    His info is wrong, considering my guildie got a 900 relic from a WQ.
    45+855=900. Try again?

45+855=900. Try again?
    The reddit post you linked was wrong when it first appeared, and is even more wrong today because the limits were increased since then.

Any gear can roll up to 925 (right now, this limit may be increased in the future), and if you are really lucky this can even be a 805 item from a normal dungeon - but the chances of that happening are so extremely small that it may as well never happen - but its not impossible, just extremely improbable.

It was explained by the Blues some months ago that it basically works like Jdance outlines above (although likely with a lower chance then 50%, numbers were not given), you roll repeatedly for a +5 upgrade until the roll fails (or you hit the 925 cap) - and the laws of probability take over from there.

There is absolutely zero proof of a max-upgrade cap below the 925 total cap, and extremely lucky people keep finding items that can proof that - with millions of players looting billions of items in a given week, chances that one such roll happens occasionally are not that bad anymore.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-02-14 at 06:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    chances that one such roll happens occasionally are not that bad anymore.
    While I agree with the rest of your statement, I still reckon chances for me to roll 925 from a WQ etc are still pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by Swiwi View Post
    While I agree with the rest of your statement, I still reckon chances for me to roll 925 from a WQ etc are still pretty bad
    For you, yes. For the entire wow playerbase? It might happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The reddit post you linked was wrong when it first appeared, and is even more wrong today because the limits were increased since then.

Any gear can roll up to 925 (right now, this limit may be increased in the future), and if you are really lucky this can even be a 805 item from a normal dungeon - but the chances of that happening are so extremely small that it may as well never happen - but its not impossible, just extremely improbable.

It was explained by the Blues some months ago that it basically works like Jdance outlines above (although likely with a lower chance then 50%, numbers were not given), you roll repeatedly for a +5 upgrade until the roll fails (or you hit the 925 cap) - and the laws of probability take over from there.

There is absolutely zero proof of a max-upgrade cap below the 925 total cap, and extremely lucky people keep finding items that can proof that - with millions of players looting billions of items in a given week, chances that one such roll happens occasionally are not that bad anymore.
    That's neat that you've redirected this to a conversation about a reddit post I took all of 2 seconds to try and Google and picked the top response, but 45+855 is still 900.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's neat that you've redirected this to a conversation about a reddit post I took all of 2 seconds to try and Google and picked the top response, but 45+855 is still 900.
    But all the information we have points to any item being able to TF to any other item level (in increments of 5). We had a screenshot floating around here on the forums of a guy getting an 895 in the first week of EN. If you want to disprove that, feel free to provide proof and not some "reddit post you took all of 2 seconds to try and google"

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But all the information we have points to any item being able to TF to any other item level (in increments of 5). We had a screenshot floating around here on the forums of a guy getting an 895 in the first week of EN. If you want to disprove that, feel free to provide proof and not some "reddit post you took all of 2 seconds to try and google"
    An 895 out of emerald nightmare does not disprove a cap either lol. You don't have any proof, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    An 895 out of emerald nightmare does not disprove a cap either lol.
    Well, to disprove the cap you first have to prove it. Something you still haven't done.

So yes then, there's a cap to the number of times that things can proc because not everything could go to 895 before. Discussion over by word of blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    So yes then, there's a cap to the number of times that things can proc because not everything could go to 895 before. Discussion over by word of blue.
    That's not even remotely what she says though. "Any item that could previously drop at or above item level 895 can now reach a maximum of 925." Means that any items that could reach 895 can now reach 925. Which, in this blog post from watcher is: "While there's a bunch of math behind it all, this may be a useful way of thinking about it: When generated, these items have a chance to roll a +5 item level bonus. If that roll succeeds, the system rolls again for another +5 bonus. If that succeeds, it rolls again. This process continues until an upgrade roll fails or the global item-level ceiling is reached. That's it. "