Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I want to reiterate that those stat weights are for DPS only.
    I'm aware. It's why they're not quite what I was looking for .

It's still useful information in it's own context, but it's not very useful outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    After all, I'd need to cast 60? ish spells in a row to get one "free" cast via spell speed? When have you ever cast 60 heals back to back?
    At the moment, my Healing gear gives me a rather easy to work with 0.2 seconds off my spell recast times. So I'd be able to fit an extra one in roughly every 13 spell casts. I'm still unlikey to cast 13 heals back to back, but I can get back to Cleric Stance faster after healing, so it could well add up to a couple more offensive spells thrown in throughout a fight. It also offers extra HoT scaling for White Mages and Astrologians, which combined with faster spell casts offers a solid improvement to your overall healing output.

I don't need to spend as much time standing still to heal either, which is a nice bonus when mobility is a concern.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    If you're in the situation where you absolutely need a crit to save someone's life, chances are something has gone horribly wrong in the first place. You also might not get a crit and have a wipe on your hands. I'd rather not roll the dice.
    I'm not questioning the usefulness of getting a crit heal, only the reliability of it. If Scholars had a skill to force crits (instead of that useless level 60 one, for instance!), then things would be diferent, but as they stand right now I consider crits a nice bonus rather than a core part of my gameplay.

On the subject of the math and statweights... Anywhere I can look that up? A quick google search didn't turn up anything useful, and the ones I did find were all out of date. It did show up lots of people parroting Crit with no real numbers to back it up however.

You can, but you probably shouldn't. Adlo costs too much mana to be careless with using it, and time you're fishing for a crit is time that could be better spent doing something else.

Most of my Scholar DPS comes from my DoTs which, correct me if I'm wrong, don't benefit from crit? They keep on ticking while I'm busy doing other things, so they account for more of my total DPS than their numbers alone would suggest.

I wouldn't say Scholar DPS is higher than other healers, just they get more opportunity to do it. Bare in mind that they can keep their DoT's ticking while doing something else, so they don't need to be chain casting to put out damage. They also have much better AoE than other healers, but that's only relevent for trash for the most part.

Medica 2 is 200 + 700 from the HoT over 30 seconds, assuming you don't overwrite it. The problem with Succor is that when you keep casting it to top a group up you get reduced benefits after the second cast. If you need to bring your group up to full Succor is the wrong tool for the job really. It is however the right tool when you keep getting hit by constant pulsing AoE damage, since the shield will be used before the next one is applied.

Indomidability is fantastic for burst AoE healing, but comes with a lengthy 30 second cooldown.
    Other people pretty much covered me but yeah they do benefit from crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Medica 2 is 200+50
    Succor (or whatever the AoE from SCH is) is 150+150.
    So it's actually better effectively speaking. Not only doesn't it overheal as much, the shield itself is also worth as much as an non-crit adlo on every single member if it crits.

Which is why a little bit of crit fishing is well worth it. (at least if Deployment Tactics isn't available)
    Yeah, typically I'd go with shield my fairy, and fish for a crit (if I have to) and use Deployment. It's more cost effective and if you get a crit it'd be way more shield than a succor.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, my Healing gear gives me a rather easy to work with 0.2 seconds off my spell recast times. So I'd be able to fit an extra one in roughly every 13 spell casts.
    Compared to WoWs haste values, that is still an amount you barely notice.
    Esp not when you played SPriest for 10 years. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo, Zurvan Ex down.

Nice Anza.

Welp just about packed ready for Frankfurt. Should come back home to my new pc since my neighbor said they will take delivery of it for me. Should be back on the pc version when I get home ready for Stormblood with a tasty new rig. Really looking forward to going to Fanfest live though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Woo, Zurvan Ex down.
    i burnt out so hard trying to get that bird

think im at 110 or something totems and i just gave up. think i'll just wait until they add the whistle to the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nice Anza.

Welp just about packed ready for Frankfurt. Should come back home to my new pc since my neighbor said they will take delivery of it for me. Should be back on the pc version when I get home ready for Stormblood with a tasty new rig. Really looking forward to going to Fanfest live though.
    I'm jealous and I went to the Vegas one. But you get Susan Calloway and Nobuo Uematsu in attendance and I presume a live performance of the Stormblood theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm jealous and I went to the Vegas one. But you get Susan Calloway and Nobuo Uematsu in attendance and I presume a live performance of the Stormblood theme.
    Nobuo & Susan were at the FF14 distant worlds I went to in NJ. That was a blast. Answers is one of my favs. Nobuo actually got down and played the keyboard for the FF6 world map theme IIRC which was a ton of fun.

Finally had some unfortunate encounters with asswipes via DF for once this weekend.

First was while healing expert roulette, Sohm Al HM, with a DRG friend and tank of mine, as well as a pug DRG who must've broke off his spear in his own ass. We had cleared second boss, at 12 mins in...other DRG is like "this is taking too long for 2 DRGs with 270 weapon". Mind you, my friend had literally just picked up his 270 anima...rest of his gear is 250/260 (256 ilvl overall). We think nothing of it other than me saying on Discord "2 bosses dead in 12 mins is plenty fast. Killed last boss, then the other DRG flips his shit. "bruh you need to read a DRG guide, ur bad m8". Looked the dude up and he was in full 270 gear top to bottom...well no shit sherlock, you're gonna out dps my friend when you're nearly 15 ilvls ahead. No big deal; all that guy did is provide us some inside joke ammo; any time my friend flubs on something, even if he's crafting or doing something completely unrelated to DRG, "hey bruh you might wanna read a DRG guide".

While my friend isn't a god tier DRG (and I'm not a god tier BLM), we both have a pretty good idea how to play our main jobs. This same friend, were he in equal ilvl gear to this other DRG, would be right on his ass, if not tied. He could pull damn near the same overall numbers as I would several patches ago (when we were both the same ilvl; he had a bunch of RL stuff that kept him from playing most of the past 6 months, so he's in catch up mode).

Same friend and I decided to farm WC for tokens so he can upgrade some of those 260s he has. Couple of runs go smooth as butter. Last run we tried was constantly getting fucked over by a MNK who decided it would be cute to shoulder tackle the bosses when no one else had even made it to the boss room only to come running in my direction (I was one of the tanks). MNK did this for the trash before Ozma and caused a wipe...then tried to lie and be all like "it wasn't me, it was our tank". Did it again after everyone got back...and I just sat out and chilled. Then somehow their group of folks manage to get wiped out on Ozma BEFORE the black hole phase. My friend and I were like "uh...what is that group doing other than doing it wrong". Ran back amidst salt being slung everywhere, that same MNK pulls boss yet again (all the while denying it's him doing it, even with his own group looking at him and calling him out on it), so my friend and I (along with several others in our alliance group) just dive off the platform and bail out of the run.

I suppose maybe it's the mid-patch lull that brings out the worst in people, but I also didn't try to run Zurvan Ex the first week it was out, so I avoided the salt mountain that was "skip soar or disband".

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally arrived at 3.5 content . Is Baelsars Wall, Sohm Al HM , Dum Scaith and Zurvan (HM) puggable yet?

You just listed 4 examples of casual content made for the basic idiot to walk through blindly. Of course they are puggable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    You just listed 4 examples of casual content made for the basic idiot to walk through blindly. Of course they are puggable.
    Yeah, they've been puggable since day one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Finally arrived at 3.5 content . Is Baelsars Wall, Sohm Al HM , Dum Scaith and Zurvan (HM) puggable yet?
    ya they are puggable

um Baelsars Wall story wise is pretty intense..... If this game was hyper realistic in visuals it might actually make people throw up
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Killed last boss, then the other DRG flips his shit. "bruh you need to read a DRG guide, ur bad m8". Looked the dude up and he was in full 270 gear top to bottom...well no shit sherlock, you're gonna out dps my friend when you're nearly 15 ilvls ahead. No big deal; all that guy did is provide us some inside joke ammo; any time my friend flubs on something, even if he's crafting or doing something completely unrelated to DRG, "hey bruh you might wanna read a DRG guide".
    Ah yes, that guy. The one who's sole purpose in life is to be top DPS and brag about it. Unfortunately it doesn't matter when or where you play, he'll be around somewhere. I've even done runs of Copperbell Mines where that guy is in the group and feels the need to point out that he's doing ever so much better than the level 17 new guys. I'm sure he feels it's as brag worthy an achivement as winning a gold medal, a nobel prize and the lottery all at once. The rest of us don't give a flying.

The bad news is when they realise that no one is paying them any attention, they go and do the kind of thing the Monk in your raid did. They just want recognition, if no one gives them it they do, eventually, go away.

Ah yes, that guy. The one who's sole purpose in life is to be top DPS and brag about it. Unfortunately it doesn't matter when or where you play, he'll be around somewhere. I've even done runs of Copperbell Mines where that guy is in the group and feels the need to point out that he's doing ever so much better than the level 17 new guys. I'm sure he feels it's as brag worthy an achivement as winning a gold medal, a nobel prize and the lottery all at once. The rest of us don't give a flying.

The bad news is when they realise that no one is paying them any attention, they go and do the kind of thing the Monk in your raid did. They just want recognition, if no one gives them it they do, eventually, go away.
    Yup. Truth being, he did smoke my friend overall. That said, given the gear disparity, I would only hope that guy would indeed put up high numbers. I chalked it up to the guy being jealous of my friend's new 270 anima (he had augmented shire weapon, so the dude had at least done A11S).

There's a way to bring up if you believe someone isn't playing optimally, but it isn't in the manner this guy did it. I can play BLM and observer what another BLM is doing (if I'm paired with one) and there may be times they make me wonder...but barring them doing something dumb like spamming Blizzard 3 on everything, I'm not going to call them out (and if I did, it wouldn't be like our wonderful DRG "friend" there).

Wondering what fate befalls that MNK since at least 2 people reported him for harassment. I don't expect anything will come of it, since we applied a known workaround to the situation (by bailing on the run), but who knows.

On the subject of Black Mages, I just got mine to 60. Other than my weapon, my gear is a mixture of bad and worse, but Fire 4 still hits for upwards of 4500. I've even put together some web cam footage of me playing it;

On the subject of Black Mages, I just got mine to 60. Other than my weapon, my gear is a mixture of bad and worse, but Fire 4 still hits for upwards of 4500. I've even put together some web cam footage of me playing it;
    Don't fight the power...feed it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    um Baelsars Wall story wise is pretty intense..... If this game was hyper realistic in visuals it might actually make people throw up
    Seen worse while watching CSI, so I doubt it.