Poll: Whose fault is it?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Regardless of the case, serves him right.

As for the app notifications, it is weird indeed if he logged out of the app and still got notifications but it's not exactly surprising, right... We all get those pesky notifications from time to time, especially from games.

I really don't think Uber is at fault here though they could probably look into the whole notification thing when the app is logged out. Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Keep reading buddy. I destroyed your little post in my last sentence.
    Not really. You're just on a mission to make yourself feel better by insulting others.

Priorities and all that. ::shrug::

I mean yeah it's a flaw in the Uber App system, but it isn't a 48 million dollar flaw. More like an "our bad" here's a handful of free Uber rides flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Not really. You're just on a mission to make yourself feel better by insulting others.

Priorities and all that. ::shrug::
    ...I did. Your whole argument is "I know how much things costed". But it's entirely possible to have an incorrect charge for the same amount. Or a duplicate charge that you might not see as the second one is popping up later. Just saying "I can look at my account" isn't a valid argument against notifications on purchases from Uber.

Literally nobody here is suggesting anything like that. But that's a sick strawman. Don't forget the hat.
    Do you know not what the thread is about?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Do you know not what the thread is about?
    I do. Do you? Because your strawman is miles away from the actual events.

...I did. Your whole argument is "I know how much things costed". But it's entirely possible to have an incorrect charge for the same amount. Or a duplicate charge that you might not see as the second one is popping up later. Just saying "I can look at my account" isn't a valid argument against notifications on purchases from Uber.
    And the only proof that I didn't take trip XX is that I didn't receive a phone notification?

How does one prove that?

It's obviously...obvious I don't know 100% how the system works. I've had my own personal vehicle since I was 16. I've only used Uber once, on a business trip, after we had went to the bar. I made the call, they told me the trip to the hotel was $11, I paid cash.

I'm literally begging for someone to explain how a faulty charge is proven (or hell, give me a detailed example), but some people are just itching to be an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I mean yeah it's a flaw in the Uber App system, but it isn't a 48 million dollar flaw. More like an "our bad" here's a handful of free Uber rides flaw.
    Whatever the case is actually worth is not really important. Lawyers tend to set damages at an outrageously high price....most of the time they get paid a certain percentage of whatever the case eventually gets resolved for.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I do. Do you? Because your strawman is miles away from the actual events.
    Oh ok. Then I guess you don't understand what strawmen are.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I'm going to ride Uber around town until my wife's phone gets a notification.
    "Your Honor, I was logged out. They clearly owe me millions of dollars now, right?"

And the only proof that I didn't take trip XX is that I didn't receive a phone notification?

How does one prove that?

It's obviously...obvious I don't know 100% how the system works. I've had my own personal vehicle since I was 16. I've only used Uber once, on a business trip, after we had went to the bar. I made the call, they told me the trip to the hotel was $11, I paid cash.

I'm literally begging for someone to explain how a faulty charge is proven (or hell, give me a detailed example), but some people are just itching to be an asshole.
    No. We're arguing that your account could receive a notification that you took a trip from A-B when in fact you didn't. You went from B-C and there was an error in billing. Upon receiving that notification you dispute it immediately and get it fixed. Waiting until you check your bank acct may not be in time and you may not have the proper information to dispute. Also you could be alerted when someone else is using your account and charging the card on file, at which point you can instantly dispute and get the charges dropped. Then you re-secure your account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Oh ok. Then I guess you don't understand what strawmen are.
    Interesting. Do tell me more about what I don't understand whilst I'm using it correctly and you have no rebuttal.

That is a pretty significant flaw in there systems regardless of what the person was using the trips to do.

I mean could you imagine using your BFs or GFs phone to summon uber once, then you break up for whatever reason and the ex still gets all the details of your trip? Yeah no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the cheating bastard and all, but the Uber app is horrrrrible. I've only used Uber once when I was stuck in Georgia, but I used to get text notifications constantly, many of them about being an Uber driver, something I never requested in the first place. Had to block them for them to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    That is a pretty significant flaw in there systems regardless of what the person was using the trips to do.

I mean could you imagine using your BFs or GFs phone to summon uber once, then you break up for whatever reason and the ex still gets all the details of your trip? Yeah no thanks.
    And then throw in a scenario where the breakup was on very bad terms and one of the individuals wishes to hurt their ex or the ex's current S/O. But let's all focus on the fact that he cheated, and not the relevant facts. Cheating is bad. So is allowing information to be sent to the wrong party.

Say you got double-charged accidentally. If you have your records you can show that you were charged for taking 2 trips to the same place at the same time.

As for other reason someone would want a record of their uber trips

• some people just like to keep records of what they have spent money on.
    • you're an employer and you sometimes use uber for your employees to get from point an to point b. Gonna wanna track that expense.
    • your kids use your uber account sometimes
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Say you got double-charged accidentally. If you have your records you can show that you were charged for taking 2 trips to the same place at the same time.

As for other reason someone would want a record of their uber trips

• some people just like to keep records of what they have spent money on.
    • you're an employer and you sometimes use uber for your employees to get from point an to point b. Gonna wanna track that expense.
    • your kids use your uber account sometimes
    Also reimbursement from employer. They do not accept "Look, I have an Uber charge for $64, gimme my money back"

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post

Just log out of the app.

Also reimbursement from employer. They do not accept "Look, I have an Uber charge for $64, gimme my money back"
    Yeah...my list was not exhaustive....just a few examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Just log out of the app.
    Well you clearly didn't read the OP.

Even after logging out of the app, notifications about his trips still went to her phone. Whenever he took an Uber ride, his wife would be notified of the pickup location, destination, and time. Based on these notifications, the wife was able to surmise that her husband was having an affair — and divorced him.
    Fat lot of good logging out does it seems.