Sucks that from scratch goes casual though
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Deleted
    serenity and method left. recruitment for them will going harder and harder. is it worth to bring all the effort to compete against only one guild at the same bracket/level? usually a competition requires a solid base of competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    serenity and method left. recruitment for them will going harder and harder. is it worth to bring all the effort to compete against only one guild at the same bracket/level? usually a competition requires a solid base of competitors.
    Don't count exsorsus out just yet, the interview brought up that it's something that often comes up at the end of a race, but give it a few weeks and they'll be ready to go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Okay, you're 54 in 3 weapons. WF guilds were 54 in 6+ when NH came out (However many characters they have, some might have an OS too), and that's the required ones. Outside of that they also have to keep spamming M+ on all of them for legendaries/TF gear.
    No one had 6 54 traits split even among 6 characters.
    The best was x2 54 chars with another 4 at 35 for splits.
    Get your facts straight.

How ever i do agree the excessive farming is hurting the game at the moment.
    Ppl who have time and like to farm are stepping on the toes of others who can't and its splitting the people in guilds/party's/game it self.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Don't count exsorsus out just yet, the interview brought up that it's something that often comes up at the end of a race, but give it a few weeks and they'll be ready to go again.
    If blizzard dont change their mind, ToS will be the last tier for that kind of raiding. No one is going to do the same stuff a third time before the argus raid starts.

The next content tier (ToS) will have so much risks in preparation - its the pure anti-fun. The biggest problem this time will be the last minute class changes just before the progression phase begins. You spent endless time to complete one maybe two weapons to max trait and both of them getting nerfed just before the progress starts - its just rip, its absoluteley impossible to catch up in this case.

show me a single content before Legion which has required hardcore preparation >=2 months before the real progress has started? This is usually the preparation time required for 2 full xpacs together and we have three of them now in only one xpac. gg blizz.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-02-13 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    If blizzard dont change their mind, ToS will be the last tier for that kind of raiding. No one is going to do the same stuff a third time before the argus raid starts.

The next content tier (ToS) will have so much risks in preparation - its the pure anti-fun. The biggest problem this time will be the last minute class changes just before the progression phase begins. You spent endless time to complete one maybe two weapons to max trait and both of them getting nerfed just before the progress starts - its just rip, its absoluteley impossible to catch up in this case.
    Hence why I've always supported buffing the under performers not nerfing the top, unless the top is 7.0-7.1 spriest of course. Nerfing a class right before progress is silly, but buffing up lower ones really doesn't hurt anyone as long as they don't overbuff. Granted though... blizzard likes to take big swings in either direction, either too much buff or too much nerf.

I think at this point IF 7.2 grind is true the best decision for top guilds would be to agree on some sort of reasonable cap of points in weapon that's reachable with a moderate farm, kinda like 5 kill rule with videos. Obviously some guilds won't agree with it and will see at as opportunity to get ahead, some will straight up buy chars, but that's feels like the most rational solution to me, because at the rate we're going if there's 2-3 more patches ahead there won't be anyone left to compete by the end of expansion, so winning WF won't even have "respect" award behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    I think at this point IF 7.2 grind is true the best decision for top guilds would be to agree on some sort of reasonable cap of points in weapon that's reachable with a moderate farm, kinda like 5 kill rule with videos. Obviously some guilds won't agree with it and will see at as opportunity to get ahead, some will straight up buy chars, but that's feels like the most rational solution to me, because at the rate we're going if there's 2-3 more patches ahead there won't be anyone left to compete by the end of expansion, so winning WF won't even have "respect" award behind it.
    Is not having a WF "race" necessarily a bad thing though? It doesn't really affect too many people outside of the .00001% participating in it, and while it's fun to speculated on who's winning its not something we can actually watch and participate in ourselves so its really a no issue to most people if it doesn't exist.

That said, I definitely appreciate blizzard NOT balancing around the top .1% and allowing us to do as much as we feel like in a given week /shrug

Is not having NBA finals necessarily a bad thing though? It doesn't really affect too many people outside of the .00001% participating in it, and while it's fun to speculated on who's winning its not something we can actually participate in ourselves so its really a no issue to most people if it doesn't exist.
    I agree with you.

anyone have exorsus's dps meters that apparently got leaked according to the interview on the front page of mmo champ?

It was in a kill shot posted like right after the kill...

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I agree with you.
    I appreciate the analogy and honestly couldn't care whether or not the nba finals existed, but it doesn't fit the point. You can watch, and therefore participate in, the NBA finals. To have them be equal you would have to know that a game was going on (raid) and then wait for an announcement that the Miami Heat (Exsorus) won and then wait X amount of time to watch a recording of the game.

Viewing something is participating in it, there is Zero outside participation in the WF race, so therefore whether or not it exists actually has less impact on a per capita basis then whether or not the NBA finals exist.

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    Here's the problem with that:

In any guild, WF or otherwise, there's always gonna be that one asshole Jimmy. Jimmy's a real tryhard piece of shit with no life and nothing better to do than complete 1,000 MoS runs in a 2 week period of time. He's not the best raider, but he is one of the most dedicated. Even though everybody else previously "agreed" to be reasonable, now you have Jimmy the fucking asshole who's effectively doing 10% more DPS than everybody who abided the rule. Is it really fair that the no life asshat gets rewarded for doing exactly what they agreed they wouldn't do? How do you handle the fact that, as a raider, now you have a mouthbreathing dingleberry who will destroy you on the DPS meters not because he's a better player, but because he has more time to poopsock? This is the cognitive dissonance that raiders have to deal with. While it's perfectly reasonable to think that players can govern their playstyle, if Blizzard doesn't put in place checks and balances people are always going to do whatever it takes to to one-up one another. And if that means doing an absolutely insane amount of grinding just to "stay relevant," you better fucking believe they're going to do it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Here's the problem with that:

In any guild, WF or otherwise, there's always gonna be that one asshole Jimmy. Jimmy's a real tryhard piece of shit with no life and nothing better to do than complete 1,000 MoS runs in a 2 week period of time. He's not the best raider, but he is one of the most dedicated. Even though everybody else previously "agreed" to be reasonable, now you have Jimmy the fucking asshole who's effectively doing 10% more DPS than everybody who abided the rule. Is it really fair that the no life asshat gets rewarded for doing exactly what they agreed they wouldn't do? How do you handle the fact that, as a raider, now you have a mouthbreathing dingleberry who will destroy you on the DPS meters not because he's a better player, but because he has more time to poopsock? This is the cognitive dissonance that raiders have to deal with. While it's perfectly reasonable to think that players can govern their playstyle, if Blizzard doesn't put in place checks and balances people are always going to do whatever it takes to to one-up one another. And if that means doing an absolutely insane amount of grinding just to "stay relevant," you better fucking believe they're going to do it.
    Offended

Quote Originally Posted by Ammanas View Post
    Legendary and titanforge is worse than ap farming. I have had 54 in all 3 weapons for a while now, still have to spam m+ because I don't have legendaries and I can get 910-925 gear from it..

At least with AP, I could look at it and it was a finite amount of AP to grind. I even did some math and look at it as "this many more dungeons". It was a grind but there was a clear finish line to give hope. I have 6 legendaries for current spec (no bis one yet), so despite all this grinding I still only have 25% chance to get the one I want whenever I finally get another drop. And lets not even talk about legendaries for other specs..
    Its been obvious for a while that theres time based cap on legendaries even if blizz would never admit it to stop ppl who spam mythic+ from getting them all too quickly. So doing this is pretty much useless imo. But as long as the invisible carrot is there people will chase it.

Hence why I've always supported buffing the under performers not nerfing the top, unless the top is 7.0-7.1 spriest of course. Nerfing a class right before progress is silly, but buffing up lower ones really doesn't hurt anyone as long as they don't overbuff. Granted though... blizzard likes to take big swings in either direction, either too much buff or too much nerf.
    They did this to mages and it kind of showed, Frost is objectively better than Fire on a lot of mythic NH fights yet lots of mages either played fire and did poorly, or got benched.

An exaggeration of course, because a lot of the mages who did compete in the top 5 obviously played well, but I agree with you, and Blizzard originally said they wouldn't nerf the top, but they straight up did it anyways.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-02-14 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    (someone from?) For Scratch did posted their Mythic Gul'dan Video.

Either way, Real asshole move.
    It's not really an asshole move. I'd say it's good etiquette to leave the first video for a world first kill but it doesn't make them assholes for posting it. Four guilds have already killed it and I wouldn't be surprised to see another guild (specifically an EU one since their reset day is Wednesday) kill him tomorrow, it's also been nine days since the boss has first died. It's arguably fair game at that point.

Edit: and from what I've been seeing on reddit, the video was unintentionally leaked to public and was instead supposed to be used to help a guild out. The original uploader had the video unlisted and it's now deleted since it got linked.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-02-14 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Oh no, Exorsus were robbed a million youtube views, the only legitimate way to make some change from this "PvE Race". Pretty silly anyway to wait for 5 kills in a scene with 3 guilds. Let's wait for the better times where kills are uploaded right away, or even better times where progress is streamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Edit: and from what I've been seeing on reddit, the video was unintentionally leaked to public and was instead supposed to be used to help a guild out. The original uploader had the video unlisted and it's now deleted since it got linked.
    Because you add your own music and a fade out to nerd screams for an instructional video...?

Not completely doubting the story but the video was edited to a small extent.