Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And just so it's clear, the White House was told this by (now fired) Acting Attorney General Sally Yates late last month:

The acting attorney general informed the Trump White House late last month that she believed Michael Flynn had misled senior administration officials about the nature of his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States, and warned that the national security adviser was potentially vulnerable to Russian blackmail, current and former U.S. officials said.
    So, the White House has known about this for weeks, but didn't ask Flynn to resign until it became public. This is not looking good for Trump and cronies.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Question: could this become more of a problem for Trump? I mean, so far, we've taken him on his word (yeah I know) that she was fired for failing to defend a non-Constitutional act. But could the idea that she was fired for warning Trump about Flynn become a big deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Question: could this become more of a problem for Trump? I mean, so far, we've taken him on his word (yeah I know) that she was fired for failing to defend a non-Constitutional act. But could the idea that she was fired for warning Trump about Flynn become a big deal?
    Potentially, given exactly who was in on Flynn's little escapade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Probably not interesting that it was Yates, as she was going to run afoul of Trump anyways, although it's enough to warrant an investigation if the Republicans had any standards or morals left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Potentially, given exactly who was in on Flynn's little escapade.
    Hold on, this guy said it better:
    Media finally learned Yates raised flags re: Flynn before being fired. What they're still not seeing is that it's the reason she was fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Why do so many of them have ties with Russia?
    That's what everyone wants to know except die hard Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    That's what everyone wants to know except die hard Republicans.
    No no no no no.

Die hard REPUBLICANS don't like Russia at all.

Trump's breed is different. Never forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Rumor has it the leading contender for the post is David Petraeus.

Do it and give Mattis an ally against Steve Bannon and Little Miller.

Remember: this ends with Bannon's head on a pike with a MAGA hat in his mouth, so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah it'll encourage it. Fact is, the House can drag their feet all they like. If Democrats take back the House and Senate in 2018, 2020, or 2022, the investigation into the Trump Administration's relationship with Russia will happen.

They can't outrun the day of reckoning forever. And if Trump manages to alienate enough of the Establishment (like say, by replacing Preibus), they'll turn on him too to save themselves.

Suddenly my impeachment scenario doesn't look outlandish, huh?
    Hopefully there's nothing in Petraeus' past that is disqualifying, right?

This is just the beginning of the rabbit hole.

BUT, BUT, BUT....HILARY'S EMAILS

10+ Year Old Account
    No no no no no.

Die hard REPUBLICANS don't like Russia at all.

Trump's breed is different. Never forget that.
    I hope you're right. It hasn't seemed like it lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Hopefully there's nothing in Petraeus' past that is disqualifying, right?
    Well there's the time he was nearly a felon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Something something "DRAIN THE SWAMP"?

"inadvertently briefed the Vice President Elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian Ambassador."

Yes, he "inadvertently" lied to the Vice President Elect and Trumps team about a recorded phone call.

Now to continue waiting for the results of the investigations, to see if Flynn falls on the sword alone or if it hits anyone else in the administration.

No matter what, this is good news. I haven't looked into Kellogg yet, but he can't be any worse than Flynn... Can he?
    I'm not aware of any Russian connections (heKellogg's firmly dialed into the GWOT slice of the military-industrial complex instead), but he's in the (minority) who see Iran as a big threat / fat target, and while he can't claim anything like exclusive credit for the disaster that the occupation of Iraq turned into, he was head of operations for the Coalition Provisional Authority.

And either way, Trump probably castchose him based on his jawline.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2017-02-14 at 05:06 AM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I hope you're right. It hasn't seemed like it lately.
    I have leaned more and more to the idea, that the GOP only wants Trump long enough to get what they really want...including that SCOTUS pick, and the tax plan.

Currently they don't have enough yet.

We'll see. But this shit is becoming harder and harder for a rational person to defend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'm not aware of any Russian connections
    He called the Russian ambassador without permission to signal them about the easing of sanctions. And the whole White House staff stood up with him as he denied everything.

Remember that. They defended him.

Flynnghazi? Did I miss the part where American diplomats and soldiers were left to die?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The notion that the National Security Advisor would go from:

Flynn: a guy who was one of the primary "Lock Her Up" cheerleaders against Clinton for classified leaks TO
    Petraeus: a guy who pled guilty to leaking classified info to his mistress

is almost too delicious to contemplate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have leaned more and more to the idea, that the GOP only wants Trump long enough to get what they really want...including that SCOTUS pick, and the tax plan.

Currently they don't have enough yet.

We'll see. But this shit is becoming harder and harder for a rational person to defend.

- - - Updated - - -

He called the Russian ambassador without permission to signal them about the easing of sanctions. And the whole White House staff stood up with him as he denied everything.

Remember that. They defended him.

I was speaking of Kellogg (edited my post above to clarify).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Flynnghazi? Did I miss the part where American diplomats and soldiers were left to die?
    Well someone didn't read up on the Yemen raid. Pretty sure there's a thread on these very forums.

No way? Surely he can't be under serious consideration. And surely no one wishing to be taken seriously would suggest he'd be a good fit,right? Right??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I was speaking of Kellogg.
    Then I misread you.