Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I feel like I can be pro-choice while still disapproving of abortion. Too many people take that ending of a potential human lightly instead of as a last resort, and I view it as irresponsible in the same way the guy running off and abandoning his role as a father is.
    The potential life argument is so flawed though. It could live to be a number of things and not all of them good. There is literally no fact based evidence to say abortion is bad.

Too many people take that ending of a potential human lightly instead of as a last resort
    Prove it.

The only people I've seen being callous about abortion is pro-lifers, personally.

I think that this is a fallacy they spread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Yes, I agree. But there are also the cases where such loss of life in unacceptable. And an innocent human being is one such case. You can justify killing a criminal, killing in vendetta, in war, even as a political means. But you can never justify killing of an innocent.

From the very start you set yourself for fail, and then blame the world. I guarantee you, that if you give them a choice, people will choose life, even if it's full of pain, misery, and suffering. Nobody in their right mind who can avoid death would embrace it.
    I guess you've never experienced what real pain is. When you can't think, you can't move, you can hardly scream or cry.
    Or you've never seen a person that is in such amount of pain that he loses all that was human about him despite the fact that the dosage of narcotic painkillers that are given to this person are almost lethal.

So yeah there are circumstances in which a person might willingly choose death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    The potential life argument is so flawed though. It could live to be a number of things and not all of them good. There is literally no fact based evidence to say abortion is bad.
    As there is no fact based evidence to say murder is bad. Or stealing. Of having sex with a minor, hell girls used to have 2 children at the age that now is considered minor.
    I mean I can shoot you in the face and who knows what could you do in the future, maybe you are the new Hitler.

However over most of the cultures during the history of mankind we have come to similar conclusions regarding the kategorischer Imperativ that affects our actions apart from basic instincts.
    We usually use logical fallacies and loopholes alongside with fact based evidence to act outside of it. Not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    I guess you've never experienced what real pain is. When you can't think, you can't move, you can hardly scream or cry.
    Or you've never seen a person that is in such amount of pain that he loses all that was human about him despite the fact that the dosage of narcotic painkillers that are given to this person are almost lethal.

So yeah there are circumstances in which a person might willingly choose death.

- - - Updated - - -

As there is no fact based evidence to say murder is bad. Or stealing. Of having sex with a minor, hell girls used to have 2 children at the age that now is considered minor.
    I mean I can shoot you in the face and who knows what could you do in the future, maybe you are the new Hitler.

However over most of the cultures during the history of mankind we have come to similar conclusions regarding the kategorischer Imperativ that affects our actions apart from basic instincts.
    We usually use logical fallacies and loopholes alongside with fact based evidence to act outside of it. Not the other way around.
    Nothing you just posted made sense. All those things you listed have ample evidence as to why they are wrong.

List all the evidence (not opinion or sky wizrad reasons)for why abortion is wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I can be pro-choice while still disapproving of abortion. Too many people take that ending of a potential human lightly instead of as a last resort, and I view it as irresponsible in the same way the guy running off and abandoning his role as a father is.
    This is pretty much my stance.

Abortions should be legal, anyone should be able to get them whenever they want (apart from extremely late term unless the woman's life is in danger), etc...

But I still don't think it should be taken lightly... Like if you use no form of contraception, and then get pregnant and have an abortion, I think you are a garbage person... If you used contraceptives and still got pregnant, I think no less of you, you tried to not get pregnant and got pregnant anyways and now have no other choice, perfectly acceptable in my book. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Prove it.

The only people I've seen being callous about abortion is pro-lifers, personally.

I think that this is a fallacy they spread.
    How can he prove it? Any example he provides you will just go "lololol anecdote" or "lololol isolated case"...

Some examples off the top of my head about callousness towards abortion from pro-choice folk:
    - #shoutyourabortion
    - #abortionisnormal
    (couple of trending hashtags right now where feminist brag about their abortions "to demystify and de-stigmatize abortion" (their words))
    - Lena Dunham wishing she had an abortion for the hell of it... Literally... She said something like "I have never been pregnant, but I wish I had so I could have had an abortion"...
    - We have had several really shit tier people livetweet/facetime/stream/etc., their abortions...
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-02-14 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    How can he prove it?
    Kind of my point.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Some examples off the top of my head about callousness towards abortion from pro-choice folk:
    - #shoutyourabortion
    - #abortionisnormal
    (couple of trending hashtags right now where feminist brag about their abortions "to demystify and de-stigmatize abortion" (their words))
    - Lena Dunham wishing she had an abortion for the hell of it... Literally... She said something like "I have never been pregnant, but I wish I had so I could have had an abortion"...
    - We have had several really shit tier people livetweet/facetime/stream/etc., their abortions...
    None of those things are are callous about abortions, they're trying to help women who have to have them overcome the stigma society puts on them.

Nice spin though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Nothing you just posted made sense. All those things you listed had ample evidence as to why they are wrong.
    In your post that I was replying to you said "It could live to be a million things and not all of them good" as an arguement.
    So what is the ample evidence of the fact that you can't live to be something not good?

What is the ample evidence that stealing is wrong? In the end gathering resources in the hands of the strong and ready to take action is evolutionary right.
    What is the factual evidence of murder being wrong? Which facts prove that it is wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Kind of my point.

None of those things are are callous about abortions, they're trying to help women who have to have them overcome the stigma society puts on them.

Nice spin though.
    Haven't ever seen anyone criticize people that HAVE to have an abortion.
    Since those are usually the ones that have an actual reason to do so. Like fetal malformation. Or an actual threat to mother's health. Or victims of rape. Etc.

I mean probably there are people that criticize them. Some crazy religious fanatics or smth.

The people that get the criticism are usually the ones that choose to have an abortion, rather than have to.
    It is still their right to do so, but it is kinda understandable where does the stigma come from.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not pro-choice, I'm anti-bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Logically both sides are wrong. It takes two to tango. There are many options to prevent pregnancy. Dont say i prefer to raw dog it if you dont want a child then at least wrap a rubber around it. Woman can use a sponge and birth control(i heard of development of bc for men too a few years ago). Spermicide is a thing. Vasectomy and tubal ligation are more permanent options, and hey if its your body and you dont want it to get all screwed up then that the better option.

What im saying is just use your brain; don't have sex till you are ready for kids. If you're not willing to wait then at least use the avaible methods to prevent pregnancy.

Now for rape victims that get pregnant? It's completely up to the victims to keep the child or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    "My body my choice" is the mantra Republicans love to shout at us about everything else. Wonder why they don't say it about abortions... hmmmm...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Personal freedom, economic, self awareness, safety.
    All of these
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You'd think choice would be a cornerstone in "the land of the free", but I guess to a lot of americans freedom only applies where it supports their belief.

Because if you really wanted to prevent abortion you'd do it with sex education and contraception. Nobody likes getting an abortion. Women who get them are the ones that have to deal with whatever psychological consequences come after and no one else should get a say in it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Because if you really wanted to prevent abortion you'd do it with sex education and contraception. Nobody likes getting an abortion. Women who get them are the ones that have to deal with whatever psychological consequences come after and no one else should get a say in it.
    Sex-ed is a massive rape-stopper, it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Sex-ed is a massive rape-stopper, it's true.
    idk about rape I was just stating why I'm pro choice

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    idk about rape I was just stating why I'm pro choice
    It's a massive problem though, contraception is good but the problem runs much deeper. I can't get a gripe on how someone can tell a rape victim to go ahead and keep it because the bible tells me that's the way to go.

because I have no right in saying what another person does with their body.

Deleted
    Because i'm not some backwater, inbred, god-bothering fucknugget.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people say that they are "pro-life", but are okay with abortion in case of pregnancy as a result of rape... It always makes me shake my head. I mean, if they truly believe that the fetus' life is more important than the happiness of the woman, then why are they suddenly willing to let it die here?

As always, anti-intellectual positions are full of holes and fallacies.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    there's some sea creatures whose sexual organs are autonomous. hypothetically, if penis has it's mind of its own (little worm), and goes outside hunting females and pregnating them... should owner of the penis pay alimony or penis itself should go to work later?
    crap, i got on the wrong side of the internet again
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .