Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Old gods have always been weaker than titans
    No they haven't. They said that if one of the old gods broke out of their prisons that even Sargeras would pray for the peace of death. And it took several titans to restrain them.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No they haven't. They said that if one of the old gods broke out of their prisons that even Sargeras would pray for the peace of death. And it took several titans to restrain them.
    No. That was about THREE OGs breaking out of their prisons... And it was always bullshit. Krasus didn't know WTF he was talking about. He was self-contradictory within that novel. He was operating on incorrect legends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    No. That was about THREE OGs breaking out of their prisons.. And it was always bullshit. Krasus didn't know WTF he was talking about. He was self-contradictory within that novel. He was operating on incorrect legends.
    Krasus Was the real OG
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    They aren't.
    Prove it. Send me blue about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Prove it. Send me blue about it
    We killed C'thun.
    The plot of the comics was Cho'gall trying to resurrect it.

We killed Yogg as well. Yogg says it's gonna die and is salty about it. "Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    We killed C'thun.
    The plot of the comics was Cho'gall trying to resurrect it.

We killed Yogg as well. Yogg says it's gonna die and is salty about it. "Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity."
    Sorry quoting one quest from vanila where blizz didnt even know their lore. I cant take this as prove.
    Corpse =/= Perma dead

And in addition to what Aquamonkey has said. There's all the other stuff that's been posted the last 24 hours that also has proof. Such as the entire discussion about the Shadow Priest Dagger's information, who is likely a dead Old God remnant herself, revealing that it was always going to be one final Old God left that'll get to devour Azeroth.

The other Old Gods are gone. N'Zoth now gets to take over unopposed. He is the surviving Old God. @Allora your opinion is just head-canon that was common in the past when we didn't have the full picture yet, and didn't think the Old Gods could truly die. Or if they could, at least not without huge consequences. We now know a lot more about it.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-02-14 at 07:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry quoting one quest from vanila where blizz didnt even know their lore. I cant take this as prove.
    Corpse =/= Perma dead
    Game is canon unless something later contradicts it, regardless of era. A significant plot of the comics was Cho'gall trying to resurrect C'Thun.

Nowhere in lore is it stated that the OGs can come back from the dead on their own. This is purely fanon. The WC Encyclopedia teased the uncertainty of whether someone could put a lasting end to a god's existence, but that was just a tease. It has since been definitively answered that yes, the OGs can die.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-02-14 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    @Allora your opinion is just head-canon that was common in the past when we didn't have the full picture yet, and didn't think the Old Gods could truly die. Or if they could, at least not without huge consequences. We now know a lot more about it.
    There were consequences when Y'Shaarj died. There were non when we defeated Cthun a YOGG.

Cataclysm is work of Deathwing - just saying

There were consequences when Y'Shaarj died. There were non when we defeated Cthun a YOGG.

You're right. When Y'shaarj died, his body wasn't contained underground. His guts got splattered all over Pandaria, and his heart was put in a Vault. Over time, this certainly proved to have consequences.

Yogg-Saron himself declares his body a corpse when he dies. There's a comic where Cho'gall tries, but fails, to resurrect C'thun. Which is when he got those eyes covering his body. As long as energy remains in an Old God's corpse, it can yet effect those near it. And still makes them hear voices. But they are dead. Their bodies are no longer able to move.

Now, a rotting Old God corpse is probably not good to live around. It's probably a good idea to seal it up. Already, Ulduar's repairs are under way, apparently.

But dead is dead. We've given plenty of sources and reasons. You are entitled to your beliefs. But if you wish to continue to hold on to them as facts, I think it's your turn now to give us some sources to debunk what's being stated.

Not according to Metzen and Alex when asked "Why has nothing bad happened to Azeroth after we killed the old gods." They pretty much replied with. "What do you think caused the cataclysm ? It was the death of the old gods." at blizzcon 2010

Deleted
    I think it's your turn now to give us some sources to debunk what's being stated.
    I already did. Killing the old gods would destroy Azeroth itself. This is why they were imprisoned. Titans realized it after killing Y'Shaarj. Its in chronicle and i take this info as a main reason why i think 3 old gods are still alive and we only destroyed little parts which were able to escape prisson of two of them. If we killed them for good there would be consequences. But there were none so it only add to my belive.

About medan comics, many things from it are being retconed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Not according to Metzen and Alex when asked "Why has nothing bad happened to Azeroth after we killed the old gods." They pretty much replied with. "What do you think caused the cataclysm ? It was the death of the old gods." at blizzcon 2010
    It was just a big talk and totaly doesnt agree with ingame lore

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Not this discussion again. It ran its course a few times already. They never state directly that the death of the Old Gods caused it. Just that the two things are related.

We now know that the reason Old God Death was a problem for the Titans, is because of the damage caused, when the Titans attempt it. Before that, it was just speculation. Speculation that often went like "Well, if destroying the Old Gods destroys Azeroth, than us killing them must have great consequences". We now know why it had consequences for the Titans.

Why would it have consequences for us? It doesn't directly.
    The Old Gods are parasites. They don't cause Azeroth to get weaker, when they die. They live to weaken it. It would be ridiculous for them to accomplish more to destroy Azeroth as a corpse, than when they are actively trying.
    However, thanks to the Priest dagger, we know that the Old Gods aren't big on cooperation. Just like you have many potential bacteria on your skin and in your guts that could be deadly, they have a lot of competition so their danger doesn't rise to fatal levels. Unless that strain has no more competition. Then, it becomes a killer.

That's the phase we're now in with N'Zoth. It's why he had the strength to do all the things we saw in Cataclysm. Without competition, it can infect the entire host with his tendrils, and grow bigger and stronger than we've ever seen an Old God. That, why you see him accomplish so much more than the other two did.

And it's only just beginning.

Deleted
    We now know that the reason Old God Death was a problem for the Titans, is because of the damage caused, when the Titans attempt it. Before that, it was just speculation. Speculation that often went like "Well, if destroying the Old Gods destroys Azeroth, than us killing them must have great consequences". We now know why it had consequences for the Titans.
    You talking about speculations and ONE big speculation is that if we (small little things) "kill" Old god there are no consequences. There is no prove to this statement.

I already did. Killing the old gods would destroy Azeroth itself. This is why they were imprisoned. Titans realized it after killing Y'Shaarj.
    What is in Chronicle is the Titans ripping Y'shaarj from the surface of Azeroth. Discovering the Old Gods are not ticks, but gigantic long things burrowing tendrils deep into Azeroth. Y'shaarj's destruction causes a massive bleeding wound, that could kill Azeroth.

That is the shock that made the Titans decide to imprison the Old Gods. Because if they yanked out more Old Gods, Azeroth would have bled to death. That, is how an Old God's destruction kills Azeroth. Sudden and complete removal of an Old God's giant body from the magical depths of the planet, causes a huge magic wound that bleeds out Azeroth's life force. That, is the consequence of an Old God's death.

That's not what we did with the Old Gods though. We struck a lot more surgically. Fought the core of the Old Gods. Damaged vital organs deep inside of it. But left the corpse where it was. Like a giant cork/scab on the land, instead of a wound. There's no sign Azeroth is bleeding out.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-02-14 at 07:57 AM.

Deleted
    What is in Chronicle is the Titans ripping Y'shaarj from the surface of Azeroth. Discovering the Old Gods are not ticks, but gigantic long things burrowing tendrils deep into Azeroth. Y'shaarj's destruction causes a massive bleeding wound, that could kill Azeroth.

That is the shock that made the Titans decide to imprison the Old Gods. Because if they yanked out more Old Gods, Azeroth would have bled to death. That, is how an Old God's destruction kills Azeroth. Sudden and complete removal of an Old God's giant body from the magical depths of the planet, causes a huge magic wound that bleeds out Azeroth's life force.

That's not what we did with the Old Gods though. We struck a lot more surgically. Fought the core of the Old Gods. Damaged vital organs deep inside of it. But left the corpse where it was. Like a giant cork/scab on the land, instead of a wound. There's no sign Azeroth is bleeding out.
    I think titans could kill another Old god differently but they didnt because there would still be big consequences.

Its still a speculation if consequences are same or not. We dont know that. I only take info what is last official statement. That killing old god HAVE consequences. And there were non when we "killed" Cthun and Yogg. = For me. We didnt killed them.

If it was so simple as you say. Titan forged could killed old gods with help of titans.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-02-14 at 08:06 AM.

I think titans could kill another Old god differently but they didnt because there would still be big consequences.

Its still a speculation if consequences are same or not. We dont know that. I only take info what is last official statement. That killing old god HAVE consequences. And there were non when we "killed" Cthun and Yogg. = For me. We didnt killed them.
    Where is this official statement then? Because we've given you several that say the Old Gods are dead. Nowhere in Chronicle does it say that killing the Old Gods kills Azeroth. Only that removing them like the Titans did, does.

The only other source that hints that the death of the Old Gods could cause the death of Azeroth, without explaining how, is the Tribunal of Ages. A supposed Titan database, that the Chronicle itself states shouldn't be relied on for accurate information. Because the Old God corrupted Keeper Loken falsified it.

Deleted
    Where is this official statement then? Because we've given you several that say the Old Gods are dead. Nowhere in Chronicle does it say that killing the Old Gods kills Azeroth. Only that removing them like the Titans did, does.

The only other source that hints that the death of the Old Gods could cause the death of Azeroth, without explaining how, is the Tribunal of Ages. A supposed Titan database, that the Chronicle itself states shouldn't be relied on for accurate information. Because the Old God corrupted Keeper Loken falsified it.
    We could argue about this for ages without end. Im sure we will see in the future where truth is.

Direct quote from Chronicles:

Originally Posted by WoW Chronicle V1
    "Y'shaarj was dead, but its tendrils had bored more deeply through Azeroth than Aman'Thul had ever imagined. In excising the Old God from the world, he had inadvertently ripped an eternal wound in Azeroth's surface. Volatile arcane energies -the lifeblood of the nascent titan- erupted from the scar and roiled out across the world.
    Horrified by this turn of events, the Pantheon realized they could not risk killing the other Old Gods in such a manner. The malignant creatures had embedded themselves so deep into the world that tearing them out would destroy Azeroth itself.
    The Pantheon knew that the only course of action was to imprison the Old Gods where they lay and contain their evil forever."
    That's all the book says about the consequences of killing Old Gods for Azeroth, and why the Titans decided to imprison instead of kill.

They didn't want to risk it. They were horrified.

- - - Updated - - -

We could argue about this for ages without end. Im sure we will see in the future where truth is.
    Very well. If you wish to leave this undecided rather than continue the discussion, we shall drop it. Though if you do have that official source you said to have, I would still be interested. But yes. To the future then.

Deleted
    Direct quote from Chronicles:

Originally Posted by WoW Chronicle V1
    "Y'shaarj was dead, but its tendrils had bored more deeply through Azeroth than Aman'Thul had ever imagined. In excising the Old God from the world, he had inadvertently ripped an eternal wound in Azeroth's surface. Volatile arcane energies -the lifeblood of the nascent titan- erupted from the scar and roiled out across the world.
    Horrified by this turn of events, the Pantheon realized they could not risk killing the other Old Gods in such a manner. The malignant creatures had embedded themselves so deep into the world that tearing them out would destroy Azeroth itself.
    The Pantheon knew that the only course of action was to imprison the Old Gods where they lay and contain their evil forever."
    That's all the book says about the consequences of killing Old Gods for Azeroth, and why the Titans decided to imprison instead of kill.

They didn't want to risk it. They were horrified.

- - - Updated - - -

Very well. If you wish to leave this undecided rather than continue the discussion, we shall drop it. Though if you do have that official source you said to have, I would still be interested. But yes. To the future then.
    Yes i choose to leave because this discusion doesnt have an end