Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Exorsus put out their world first Xavius within 2 days of their kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally the first I have ever heard of anything like this in the 11 years of playing WoW.
    then you have been living under a rock or are new here, furthermore exorsus released a kill video after 2 days because after the competing guilds got ceanrius down, they facerolled xavius, making it it a waste of time holding back their kill when within that 2 day period around 15 guilds also got him down.

as a side note the level of your entitlement is astounding, they have literally no reason to ever release a video of their kills, they do so because they want to, not because some whiny individual on forums demands them to, grow up please, it's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    then you have been living under a rock or are new here, furthermore exorsus released a kill video after 2 days because after the competing guilds got ceanrius down, they facerolled xavius, making it it a waste of time holding back their kill when within that 2 day period around 15 guilds also got him down.
    I have not been living under a rock. If you read the rest of the thread, I have stated more than once that going back to at least heroic Ragnaros, there has only been ONE time that a video was released after 5 guilds cleared it and that was Mythic Blackhand. Mythic Imperator may also follow this "rule", but its hard to find out because the 5th guild listed on wowprogress for that tier was world 5th on Blackhand, but world 10th on Imperator, and the world 4th Blackhand was the world 162nd on Imperator. I wasn't going to spend the time looking at Imperator all the way because its not worth showing 2 bosses out of the last 7 tiers of raiding.

And going back some more, no 5 guild rule on Sinestra. Heck on heroic LK, the world 2nd kill hadn't even been done when Paragon released their kill video. (March 26th 1st kill, video March 31st, 2nd kill April 11th.) Videos uploads start to get a bit fuzzy before heroic LK.

So again, the ONLY boss that has been shown to have waited for 5 guilds to clear it is mythic Blackhand, at no time going back to the END of Wrath has any guild waited for 5 guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    as a side note the level of your entitlement is astounding, they have literally no reason to ever release a video of their kills, they do so because they want to, not because some whiny individual on forums demands them to, grow up please, it's pathetic.
    When did I demand they release the video? I never demanded it. I simply asked where it was because it appears to be taking a longer than usual amount of time. If they don't release the video, who cares, not going to affect me at all. Your ability to read words is really weird to somehow say I am entitled and whiny when I just asked where something was. Do you get this pissy when people ask where the bathroom is?

- - - Updated - - -

Literally the first I have ever heard of anything like this in the 11 years of playing WoW.
    It's been a known rule for a few expansions now.

Generally it's 5 guilds that need to complete before releasing a vid. I think there is some credence to letting the US get their first before releasing as well. Right now it's all EU/RU. But, if it takes much longer for these other guilds to get it, I'm sure they will release it before that.

I have not been living under a rock. If you read the rest of the thread, I have stated more than once that going back to at least heroic Ragnaros, there has only been ONE time that a video was released after 5 guilds cleared it and that was Mythic Blackhand. Mythic Imperator may also follow this "rule", but its hard to find out because the 5th guild listed on wowprogress for that tier was world 5th on Blackhand, but world 10th on Imperator, and the world 4th Blackhand was the world 162nd on Imperator. I wasn't going to spend the time looking at Imperator all the way because its not worth showing 2 bosses out of the last 7 tiers of raiding.

And going back some more, no 5 guild rule on Sinestra. Heck on heroic LK, the world 2nd kill hadn't even been done when Paragon released their kill video. (March 26th 1st kill, video March 31st, 2nd kill April 11th.) Videos uploads start to get a bit fuzzy before heroic LK.

So again, the ONLY boss that has been shown to have waited for 5 guilds to clear it is mythic Blackhand, at no time going back to the END of Wrath has any guild waited for 5 guilds.
    The problem is that you're just wrong about most of your statements, for example the MoP bosses you didn't consider 10man kills, every video follows the rule except maybe Garrosh. Which is explained by the fact that technically the world first kill was by an Asian guild because they're 25 man raids dropped higher ilevel gear than the rest of the world which allowed them to smash through 10man Garrosh and release a video at which point Method probably didn't bother following the rule (they may still have I don't remember). Cataclysm is likely the same again with 10man guilds.

I don't remember WoD super well but I'm going to assume you're either just wrong there again or there were other reasons the videos were released prior to the 5 guild rule. Like top 20ish guilds streaming their progress on a boss, a good example is Star Augur, whose video was released with just 4 guilds having the kill but at least 2 guilds regularly streaming progress.

So either you haven't really payed attention to the world first race for more than the past 1-2 years or your just trolling about never having heard of the 5 guild rule.
    Last edited by Lartok; 2017-02-14 at 04:54 AM.

Deleted
    Are people really complaining that exorsus has decided to wait with their kill video? With all due respect, guilds in the top 5 take pride in killing the boss prior to videos being released, so allowing more guilds to complete it is just fine. And if you got a problem with it, go kill guldan yourself, then you won't have to wait for a video.

10+ Year Old Account

Been like this for a few expansions now

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    It's been a known rule for a few expansions now.
    Tier 10-Heroic LK 1st Kill March 26th, Video March 31st, World 2nd kill April 11th, World 5th April 17th
    Tier 11-Heroic Sinestra 1st kill Jan 20th, Video Jan 22nd, 2nd kill Jan 22nd, 5th kill Jan 27th (this one is a bit odd to pin down on wowprogress because of the different end bosses, I just went with Sinestra)
    Tier 12-Heroic Rag 1st Kill Jul 19th, Video Jul 27th, 2nd Kill Jul 26th, 5th kill Aug 1st
    Tier 13-Heroic Madness 1st Kill Dec 20th, Video Dec 25th, 2nd kill Dec 24th, 5th Kill Dec 27th
    Tier 14-Heroic Sha of Fear 1st Kill Nov 25th, Video Nov 27th, 2nd kill Nov 27th, 5th Kill Nov 27th
    Tier 15-Heroic Ra-den 1st Kill Apr 11th, Video Apr 22nd, 2nd kill April 19th, 5th kill April 23rd
    Just for poops and giggles, Heroic Lei Shen 1st March 26th, video Apr 4th, 2nd kill Apr 1, 5th kill Apr 11th
    Tier 16-Heroic Garrosh 1st Kill Oct 1st, Video Oct 6th, 2nd Kill Oct 3rd, 5th Kill Oct 10th
    Tier 17-Mythic Imperator Dec 13th, Video Dec 18th, 2nd Kill Dec 14th, 5th Kill Dec 18th
    Tier 17 cont-Mythic Blackhand 1st Kill Feb 20th, Video March 6th, 2nd Kill Feb 25th, 5th Kill March 6th
    Tier 18-Mythic Archimonde 1st Kill Jul 16th, Video Jul 28th, 2nd Kill Jul 18th, 5th Kill Jul 30th
    Tier 19-Mythic Xavius Sep 29th, Video Oct 1st, 2nd Sep 29th (Looking at WoW progress, at least 8 guilds had Xavius before video released)
    Tier 19-Mythic Helya Nov 19th, Video Nov 21st, 2nd Kill Nov 19th, 5th Kill Nov 27th

It's only happened 3 times in 7 years of raiding that a guild has waited for a 5th kill. 2 of which are considered the same tier of content. I didn't even include other starting expansion bosses within the same tier like Nefarian, Al'Akir, Will of the Emperor or Grand Empress. I would almost guarantee that those bosses didn't wait either.

Saying it's been a "known rule for a few expansions now" is laughable when it is clearly not the case. Slootbag may have said it, but no one is following it. Heck even they aren't even following it this expansion so far. Mythic Gul'dan may be the first case of that this expansion. But everyone saying this rule of 5 has existed for a long time...no it hasn't. It's a new thing, if you can call it that, because again, they aren't even following it. And 3, possibly 4 with Gul'dan, bosses out of 13 (probably more like 17 counting the bosses I didn't list) makes them more exceptions to any kind of rule than there actually being one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    The problem is that you're just wrong about most of your statements, for example the MoP bosses you didn't consider 10man kills, every video follows the rule except maybe Garrosh. Which is explained by the fact that technically the world first kill was by an Asian guild because they're 25 man raids dropped higher ilevel gear than the rest of the world which allowed them to smash through 10man Garrosh and release a video at which point Method probably didn't bother following the rule (they may still have I don't remember). Cataclysm is likely the same again with 10man guilds.

I don't remember WoD super well but I'm going to assume you're either just wrong there again or there were other reasons the videos were released prior to the 5 guild rule. Like top 20ish guilds streaming their progress on a boss, a good example is Star Augur, whose video was released with just 4 guilds having the kill but at least 2 guilds regularly streaming progress.

So either you haven't really payed attention to the world first race for more than the past 1-2 years or your just trolling about never having heard of the 5 guild rule.
    All the time frames for world first kills and videos are from 25 man kills or mythic difficulties. No one counts a 10 man kill as world first. Oh and wowprogress doesn't even list that asian guild in the top 5 for either 10 or 25 man Heroic Garrosh. https://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier16

- - - Updated - - -

If you want actual links to every single thing, I can do that just to prove how right I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velikanthehunter View Post
    Are people really complaining that exorsus has decided to wait with their kill video? With all due respect, guilds in the top 5 take pride in killing the boss prior to videos being released, so allowing more guilds to complete it is just fine. And if you got a problem with it, go kill guldan yourself, then you won't have to wait for a video.
    I am not complaining about the video not being released. I simply asked where it was. The answer I got about this rule of 5, I had never heard of till this thread. And now I am providing evidence in the form of dates of world first kills and their videos and then when the 5th guild cleared it. And there are only 3 instances of the world first video being released after a 5th kill going all the way back to heroic Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    "It's a well known rule that has been in place for many, many years!"

"Except for these 50 exceptions to the rule"
    Precisely. Thank you.

Deleted
    the rule has been at least 5, not exactly 5, and has been followed this whole expansion.
    inb4 you say "it wasnt done on helya" it was. the problem here was that guilds #3-5 on helya exploited and got their kill revoked, but method already released their video since they didnt know that.

https://twitter.com/ExorsusWoW/statu...71178720673792

so this 'unspoken rule' has been in effect this whole expansion. it wasnt followed as much before since 10 vs 25man were considered "different" raid difficulties, so one would releaase their video beforre the other, as they please.

Tier 10-Heroic LK 1st Kill March 26th, Video March 31st, World 2nd kill April 11th, World 5th April 17th
    Tier 11-Heroic Sinestra 1st kill Jan 20th, Video Jan 22nd, 2nd kill Jan 22nd, 5th kill Jan 27th (this one is a bit odd to pin down on wowprogress because of the different end bosses, I just went with Sinestra)
    Tier 12-Heroic Rag 1st Kill Jul 19th, Video Jul 27th, 2nd Kill Jul 26th, 5th kill Aug 1st
    Tier 13-Heroic Madness 1st Kill Dec 20th, Video Dec 25th, 2nd kill Dec 24th, 5th Kill Dec 27th
    Tier 14-Heroic Sha of Fear 1st Kill Nov 25th, Video Nov 27th, 2nd kill Nov 27th, 5th Kill Nov 27th
    Tier 15-Heroic Ra-den 1st Kill Apr 11th, Video Apr 22nd, 2nd kill April 19th, 5th kill April 23rd
    Just for poops and giggles, Heroic Lei Shen 1st March 26th, video Apr 4th, 2nd kill Apr 1, 5th kill Apr 11th
    Tier 16-Heroic Garrosh 1st Kill Oct 1st, Video Oct 6th, 2nd Kill Oct 3rd, 5th Kill Oct 10th
    Tier 17-Mythic Imperator Dec 13th, Video Dec 18th, 2nd Kill Dec 14th, 5th Kill Dec 18th
    Tier 17 cont-Mythic Blackhand 1st Kill Feb 20th, Video March 6th, 2nd Kill Feb 25th, 5th Kill March 6th
    Tier 18-Mythic Archimonde 1st Kill Jul 16th, Video Jul 28th, 2nd Kill Jul 18th, 5th Kill Jul 30th
    Tier 19-Mythic Xavius Sep 29th, Video Oct 1st, 2nd Sep 29th (Looking at WoW progress, at least 8 guilds had Xavius before video released)
    Tier 19-Mythic Helya Nov 19th, Video Nov 21st, 2nd Kill Nov 19th, 5th Kill Nov 27th

It's only happened 3 times in 7 years of raiding that a guild has waited for a 5th kill. 2 of which are considered the same tier of content. I didn't even include other starting expansion bosses within the same tier like Nefarian, Al'Akir, Will of the Emperor or Grand Empress. I would almost guarantee that those bosses didn't wait either.

Saying it's been a "known rule for a few expansions now" is laughable when it is clearly not the case. Slootbag may have said it, but no one is following it. Heck even they aren't even following it this expansion so far. Mythic Gul'dan may be the first case of that this expansion. But everyone saying this rule of 5 has existed for a long time...no it hasn't. It's a new thing, if you can call it that, because again, they aren't even following it. And 3, possibly 4 with Gul'dan, bosses out of 13 (probably more like 17 counting the bosses I didn't list) makes them more exceptions to any kind of rule than there actually being one.

- - - Updated - - -

All the time frames for world first kills and videos are from 25 man kills or mythic difficulties. No one counts a 10 man kill as world first. Oh and wowprogress doesn't even list that asian guild in the top 5 for either 10 or 25 man Heroic Garrosh. https://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier16

- - - Updated - - -

If you want actual links to every single thing, I can do that just to prove how right I am.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not complaining about the video not being released. I simply asked where it was. The answer I got about this rule of 5, I had never heard of till this thread. And now I am providing evidence in the form of dates of world first kills and their videos and then when the 5th guild cleared it. And there are only 3 instances of the world first video being released after a 5th kill going all the way back to heroic Lich King.
    goddamn, you should include a hospital location in this post because these dudes got their shit pushed in by cold hard facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted

To be 100% fair, this wannabe rule(because its not an actual rule) was more of a thing from MoP one than before, since Paragon would usually have the video out after the 2nd guild killed it. As for actually keeping the timing of the 5th kill, there were 2 major issues
    ->Exorsus didn't care, so whenever they killed it you needed video out shortly
    ->Leaks

Why dont you ask Exorsus ? but personally I just want to see the extra phase

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    the rule has been at least 5, not exactly 5, and has been followed this whole expansion.
    inb4 you say "it wasnt done on helya" it was. the problem here was that guilds #3-5 on helya exploited and got their kill revoked, but method already released their video since they didnt know that.

https://twitter.com/ExorsusWoW/statu...71178720673792

so this 'unspoken rule' has been in effect this whole expansion. it wasnt followed as much before since 10 vs 25man were considered "different" raid difficulties, so one would releaase their video beforre the other, as they please.
    If it's something fairly new that I am unaware because I don't watch these guys on twitch or follow them on Twitter, I can accept that.

What provoked me though was the condenscension from most of the people replying to me about it and them stating that this rule has been in place for some time. A number of them said at least a few expansions (a few generally being regarded as 3 or more).
    Which going from the time lines I provided previously isn't the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Why dont you ask Exorsus ? but personally I just want to see the extra phase
    That's all I really want to see. I don't really have a way to ask exorsus, as I don't really watch twitch and I don't have Twitter. So I came here looking for someone who may do either of those and possibly has an answer. But this being the Internet, I got scoffed at and told I was a troll.

The five boss rule is almost always followed when it comes to bosses prior to the last. For the end tier bosses it's five, or if the first guild feels like enough time has passed.

The five boss rule has been a thing since MoP. There is no disputing this.
    Last edited by Jdance; 2017-02-14 at 06:19 AM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Then you haven't been paying attention to WF races. It's been like that for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    The five boss rule is almost always followed when it comes to bosses prior to the last. For the end tier bosses it's five, or if the first guild feels like enough time has passed.

The five boss rule has been a thing since ToT. There is no disputing this.
    Except for Ra-den, Lei-Shen, garrosh, Archimonde and helya you mean? When none of those bosses followed this rule?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swiwi View Post
    Then you haven't been paying attention to WF races. It's been like that for ages.
    At best it's been that way since WoD. Not what I would call ages. And if you don't believe me,you can scroll up and see first kill dates, video release dates, second and fifth kill dates going back to heroic LK.

Who cares if a guild wait for the 5 kill "rule"

You are still not getting a video. It will come out when THEY DECIDE not you or anyone else.

If you dont care if so and so guild hasn't put out a video yet. Why the whining?

/Thread

Except for Ra-den, Lei-Shen, garrosh, Archimonde and helya you mean? When none of those bosses followed this rule?
    reading comprehension

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Who cares if a guild wait for the 5 kill "rule"

You are still not getting a video. It will come out when THEY DECIDE not you or anyone else.

If you dont care if so and so guild hasn't put out a video yet. Why the whining?

/Thread
    A video is already out it just isnt exorsus.