10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    I didn't even realize that cocoon had a HoT increase on it. Between the double mastery proc, the bonus healing from EM applying to EM and ReM, and the shield, it usually acts as a LoH + a shield for me. But the 50% increased hots from the shield explains it even more.
    The only situation where the HoT is even worth remembering it exists is if the person you cocoon is taking significantly reduced healing, and their bubble wont be popped as fast as it usually does. Which I don't really know of a situation where this exists. The necrotic affix is unforgiving in this because it also erodes the shield and reduces its capacity, making it even worse than usual. Otherwise it's lay on hands or you pad the meters with the shield.

Which is pretty awesome if you need to clear healing debuff like on mythic Helya.

Problem with Life Cocoon is people see it as a tank cooldown... it's not, it's really not, unless you have a boss like Star Augur which doesn't melee.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    The only situation where the HoT is even worth remembering it exists is if the person you cocoon is taking significantly reduced healing, and their bubble wont be popped as fast as it usually does. Which I don't really know of a situation where this exists. The necrotic affix is unforgiving in this because it also erodes the shield and reduces its capacity, making it even worse than usual. Otherwise it's lay on hands or you pad the meters with the shield.
    If you pop it early it's great for necrotic. I'm sure something like pain suppression is better though.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Which is pretty awesome if you need to clear healing debuff like on mythic Helya.

Problem with Life Cocoon is people see it as a tank cooldown... it's not, it's really not, unless you have a boss like Star Augur which doesn't melee.
    the issue with LC is mainly to do with tank cds being pointless 99% of the time.

The Sheilun's Gift + SM fix! Yaaay!

Patch 7.1.5 Hotfixes - February 14
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Life Cocoon now correctly starts Soothing Mist when cast during the global cooldown.
    Sheilun's Gift now correctly starts Soothing Mist if the previous cast was Renewing Mist.

THEY ARE LISTENING PRAISE THE LORD
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

What is it then? I've the feeling I've saved some tanks during Krosus Slam when they weren't topped at all with a LC. I only ever use it on tanks - or very rarely on myself if Imma die and we don't have CRs left.

How else am I supposed to use it?

(Edit: I'm stuck with the LC legendary so mine does a 4m absorb.)
    Last edited by Sinaasappel; 2017-02-15 at 12:12 PM.

Item - Monk T20 Mistweaver 2P Bonus (New) Your healing spell casts have a 10% chance to grant Surge of Mists, reducing the cost of your next Enveloping Mist by 75%.
    Item - Monk T20 Mistweaver 4P Bonus (New) Consuming Surge of Mists resets the cooldown of Thunder Focus Tea.
    okay boys

we've lost now. i'll accept that MW is garbage.

That's a funny way of saying Essence Font. (Or something used more often in raids.)
    Last edited by Saboten; 2017-02-15 at 07:08 PM.
    Kozma - Staghelm (US)

So basically, if you spec into Lifecycles, your Enveloping Mist will cost you 20% ?

They really want us to embrace Lifecycles playstyle with TFT+Vivify and Enveloping Mist+Surge of Mists to save mana it seems.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

So basically, if you spec into Lifecycles, your Enveloping Mist will cost you 20% ?

They really want us to embrace Lifecycles playstyle with TFT+Vivify and Enveloping Mist+Surge of Mists to save mana it seems.
    If you spec lifecycles with the surge of mists buff, your EvM will cost you 1.2% base mana, or, yes, 20% of the original cost (assuming the bonuses are multiplicative)

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Wait so they hotfixed out setbonuses to something completely different? Is that on ptr?
    It's the t20 set bonuses on ptr. From Tomb of Sargearas

Deleted
    100% guarantee if that results in MW being viable via a shit ton of revivals it gets nerfed to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    okay boys

we've lost now. i'll accept that MW is garbage.
    It does not look bad to me. It means that you can have a ridiculous amount of ReMs going around by using TFT often especially with the talent. Tons of ReMs is great. It means tons of UT Vivifys also.

Can you imagine being able to cast 3 ReMs every (lets say) 10 seconds or so.
    Last edited by lycrates; 2017-02-16 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    It does not look bad to me. It means that you can have a ridiculous amount of ReMs going around by using TFT often especially with the talent. Tons of ReMs is great. It means tons of UT Vivifys also.

Can you imagine being able to cast 3 ReMs every (lets say) 10 seconds or so.
    rip mana

10c

Increasing the value of envm in an environment of even spikier damage is bad...

Save mana casting envm, waste mana overhealing.

Saw the new tier pieces update today...
    If EF remain the top healing spell we use, T20 might just gonna limit our mana even more and result in more overhealing because of how envm works?

Waiting for MW guru to chime in :O

Deleted
    Ok, so we would use the Lifecycle/FT talents and have 2*2 TFT every 30s or so. Correct me if I am wrong but that would be 6 to 8 ReM active at a time with a big 7 to 8s hole in bewtween two series of TFT, or a lot of free (overhealing?) vivify every 30s. Of course you can keep Mana Tea and just have an effective lower CD on TFT.

The Surge of mist is activated with Effuse/SG spam for mana management (with a 10% chance because RNG old God is end boss of Legion xpac).

That sound great for normal and heroic raiding, especially with Petrichor wrist and the new Revival artifact trait. MW in competitive raiding have already reroll or switch to WW or BrM so who cares about them

And I forget but we got a blue in a MW bnet thread. Of course it is just to tell us that they correct SG and LC bugs. Do you really think that they will tell us what they think about MW utility or speak about mana management ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zenlady View Post
    And I forget but we got a blue in a MW bnet thread. Of course it is just to tell us that they correct SG and LC bugs. Do you really think that they will tell us what they think about MW utility or speak about mana management ^^
    no. they aren't going to care about a spec that is played, at a "competitive" mythic level, by like 3~ people.

fwiw these bonuses are garbage. pure garbage. the set bonuses try to emphasis using fast casts to get TFT resets more, however blizzard completely forgot to realise that reason we only use EF is because EF is our only good spell outside of UT viv, ReM and lifecycles envelop. so we have a situation where enveloping mist is only used when we use viv, and we can only use viv w/ UT, outside of that we are bound by EF/ReM to do competitive hps.

IMO they need to modify mastery so that 5% of gust's total SP heal is a flat increase to all healing spells (so if you had 400% mastery, you would gain a +20% increase to all healing). that would actually make us worth bringing vs a resto druid because we'd essentially do the same thing as resto druids (except w/ worse tank cds, worse personal cds, and worse dps)
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-02-16 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    pretty funny that there is a not so small amount of people thinking MW is fine when a flat 20% buff to everything still kinda wouldnt really make them viable