Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    I dunno what do you think hurts the game more, not developing it and adding no new content for several seasons in a row or having a RMAH. :thinking:
    The game had a massive renaissance as soon as the RMAH was removed. Maybe you have some comment that isn't a false equivalency? Unlikely, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    The game had a massive renaissance as soon as the RMAH was removed. Maybe you have some comment that isn't a false equivalency? Unlikely, of course.
    Seeing as how the RMAH was removed and then RoS came out a week later, yeah no shit the game saw an increase in players. Wanna state some other obvious facts?
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2017-02-14 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

To me when I hear people say "i quit because inferno was to hard" what I really hear is "I didnt want to put in more than 100 hours to advance my character to tackle the end game." I played with a group of 5 or so irl friends and another 10 or so wow guildies and maybe only 2 or 3 of us got burnt out within the first 500 or so hours of vanilla d3 inferno. Neither I or any other active member of my group were forced to buy items off the RMAH to progress. Sure we used the gold auction house to sell items we didn't want and buy upgrades, but that's what the purpose of the AH is.
    Here's the point. You're not being an elitist, but the actual thing was that without AH, given how bad and RNG was itemization, you could be simply stuck at Act1 Inferno without any chance to progress in a reasonable time.

You have stated it right there. You played 500 hours and you weren't able to get decent gear to progress if you didn't use the AH - you bought upgrades and sold stuff because it was simply required to progress in a reasonable time. 500 hours of gameplay should be way more than enough to farm decent gear. You weren't forced - but you used it because you thought it was simply right and reasonable.

To me it just looks like terrible design when someone plays 500 hours a game and still isn't able to get his gear needed to progress without trading in AH.

Side note: your post is very contradictory. You claim to have played 500 hours in Vanilla and have no issues with that. Now suddendly farming 500 paragon for a char is way too much to find the gear you need - and it takes 15 hours more or less to reach that level. To me something doesn't look quite right and you're bashing RoS just for the sake of it.
    You're basically saying that you don't like loot hunt at all and just prefer to grind gold because you don't have everything you want in a short time frame.

Really, you have written it yourself. How in hell did you manage to farm for 500 hours in D3V when you're complaining about 15 hours of gameplay with legendary drops raining everywhere.

Just FYI, in my sig are all my characters. 870 Paragon NS (so extremely casual) and all of them are pretty much decked in gear and able to get into GR80 with some tweaks. All seasonal chars which i managed to do thejourney then stop around the 600 Paragon mark.

Efficiency >>>>> grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno what do you think hurts the game more, not developing it and adding no new content for several seasons in a row or having a RMAH. :thinking:
    There's no new content because there's no revenue from the game. No money = no support.

If anything, class DLCs may be the solution to have more content in game (at least i hope, but i don't expect anything much).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Here's the point. You're not being an elitist, but the actual thing was that without AH, given how bad and RNG was itemization, you could be simply stuck at Act1 Inferno without any chance to progress in a reasonable time.

You have stated it right there. You played 500 hours and you weren't able to get decent gear to progress if you didn't use the AH - you bought upgrades and sold stuff because it was simply required to progress in a reasonable time. 500 hours of gameplay should be way more than enough to farm decent gear. You weren't forced - but you used it because you thought it was simply right and reasonable.

To me it just looks like terrible design when someone plays 500 hours a game and still isn't able to get his gear needed to progress without trading in AH.

Side note: your post is very contradictory. You claim to have played 500 hours in Vanilla and have no issues with that. Now suddendly farming 500 paragon for a char is way too much to find the gear you need - and it takes 15 hours more or less to reach that level. To me something doesn't look quite right and you're bashing RoS just for the sake of it.
    You're basically saying that you don't like loot hunt at all and just prefer to grind gold because you don't have everything you want in a short time frame.

Really, you have written it yourself. How in hell did you manage to farm for 500 hours in D3V when you're complaining about 15 hours of gameplay with legendary drops raining everywhere.

Just FYI, in my sig are all my characters. 870 Paragon NS (so extremely casual) and all of them are pretty much decked in gear and able to get into GR80 with some tweaks. All seasonal chars which i managed to do thejourney then stop around the 600 Paragon mark.

Efficiency >>>>> grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no new content because there's no revenue from the game. No money = no support.

If anything, class DLCs may be the solution to have more content in game (at least i hope, but i don't expect anything much).
    D3V and RoS Seasons have a very different pace and meta. D3V had a very slow gear progression rate whereas seasons has a very much accelerated gearing progression.You basically have to drop the same piece of gear several times to get the best stat combo/ancient/primal ancient, currently.

You'd think after to grinding to 500 paragon in like season 6 you'd have at least a normal version of all the gear required to complete your set/ancient combo. I really don't mind grinding, but I was comparing the time invested now vs then.In D3V if I grinded for the same amount of time I would have been able to purchase the item i needed through gold auction house trading.

Progression based around trade vs progression based upon no trading/gear is optimized for you, doesn't determine if one is good or bad. Its personal preference. PoE progression is based around farming currency to buy your gear. It's a great game. It has problems but so does diablo.
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2017-02-15 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I played when Diablo III first came out, I have to load it up again and see what's changed.
    the lack of an AH is really hurting the game and as such i havnt played it forever. nor do i plan on playing it since getting good stuff you cant use it is just vendor trash now which really kills the entire purpose of playing the game honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think this is one of the worst scenarios possible. You're literally promoting p2w as you're saying you're fine with people competing on ladders after they can buy perfect gear from AH for real money.
    I really could care less if someone pays to win, I will NEVER be competing for the top spots, so why the hell would I care?

Guess what the top player on the ladder gets... a digital pat on the back, not money, or anything else of value.

honestly I don't get why alot of people care, a well geared bad player will never do as good as a slightly lesser geared player who is amazing, let people spend money on what they want to spend it on... if its gear, fine that money goes to someone who has more time than money on their hands(or just lucky), and brings some more revenue to blizzard.

also limiting buys on a per month basis would heavily limit the P2W factor

the biggest thing here... is to not balance loot drop rates assuming people would be using the AH/RMAH to progress(like vanilla was(I was able to solo Inferno Act 2, ended up doing 3/4 with one friend)

D3V and RoS Seasons have a very different pace and meta. D3V had a very slow gear progression rate whereas seasons has a very much accelerated gearing progression.You basically have to drop the same piece of gear several times to get the best stat combo/ancient/primal ancient, currently.

You'd think after to grinding to 500 paragon in like season 6 you'd have at least a normal version of all the gear required to complete your set/ancient combo. I really don't mind grinding, but I was comparing the time invested now vs then.In D3V if I grinded for the same amount of time I would have been able to purchase the item i needed through gold auction house trading.

Progression based around trade vs progression based upon no trading/gear is optimized for you, doesn't determine if one is good or bad. Its personal preference. PoE progression is based around farming currency to buy your gear. It's a great game. It has problems but so does diablo.
    Ok, now it's clear. I can agree with that, though i've never found myself in the situation of not having the gear rquired to progress - between Headrig's Gift and choosing the right class i've never had issues. Thoguh i'm not one looking for pushing and i stop when Journey is done, so it may be that.

GGG anyway is doing a much better work. While being balanced on trading, they still recognize the fact many people love SSF and they're going to support it offically - in avery good way imho that leaves space for future changes/iteration. Something like that could be easily done in D3, but still devs simply don'ìt punt anything into it.

And the reason is simply that GGG is getting revenue from microtransactions, while D3 doesn't get anything in return. We'll see if stuff changes after necro DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carenard View Post
    the biggest thing here... is to not balance loot drop rates assuming people would be using the AH/RMAH to progress(like vanilla was(I was able to solo Inferno Act 2, ended up doing 3/4 with one friend)
    It's not about the ladders. It's about what you stated above. If AH needs to be useful, drops need top be balanced with that in mind. If loot is balanced on the fact everyone can farm his stuff with no issues, then AH is redundant and useless.

There is no middle ground. Trading for the sake of it is useless - especially if the currency you get from trading doesn't net you anything of value.

If your point is to make realy money selling stuff in a game, that is against the ToS in most games first of all and D3 RMAH just proved how it would kill a loot based game in no time.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    The only thing I miss about the Auction house was the fact that I was able to earn money by just playing the game. That being said, it does present a lot of problems as opposed to the positives. Gear is so much easier to gain now as you can not only farm it, but you can also use the cube to somehow increase your chances of getting the desired item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't miss any of the AH.

The gold AH, farming gold only to buy the stuff i want : i prefer to farm any gear, i have chance to get what i want, i have chance of getting something i might find useful in another build, and if i don't i'll just salvage it for crafting mats so i have even more chance of crafting/cubing what i want.

RMAH : that would have only ended up in rich people working it like a business and inflating prices, and since drop rates are so low because there is an AH you grind endlessly just for the low chance of getting something worth anything. When there's money involved, greedy people swarm in and ruin the economy.

I once sold an item on the RMAH for around $200 so I look back on it fondly if only for that moment. But since the game was balanced around the AH I don't miss it in the long run.

Blizzard using dummy accounts to try and start the grassroots foundation for the return of their favorite moneymaking scheme, the RMAH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

While I did make like $150 off of it, I don't miss it at all. I miss trading though.

Deleted
    It fucked Diablo 3 so hard in the ass the game is a stain in the eyes of the ARPG world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandral View Post
    I don't miss it at all. I miss trading though.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    the lack of an AH is really hurting the game and as such i havnt played it forever. nor do i plan on playing it since getting good stuff you cant use it is just vendor trash now which really kills the entire purpose of playing the game honestly
    maybe if the ah and gear drops were done correctly it may of worked, but the gearing system back then was terrible, legenderies were as rare as primal drops and if it rolled shit stats it was terrible.

now if at least legenderies had set stats and an increased drop rate then it may of worked, but vanilla d3 was if you didnt play about with the auction house or have bots running 24/7 you would never have gear to progress let alone kill origional diablo on inferno.

The game was in a much better state once the auction house was removed, people could play how they wanted and could actually progress properly through the game, instead of being stuck farming unicorns for max lvl items so you could actually get past act 1.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's funny because the D3 AH is another example of how people have this amazing nostalgia about D2 but trip up on the details when trying to explain why. (See: All the "there's nothing to do in D3, D2 has tons to do...like..um...farming...and stuff!" posts.)
    Every ARPG is about farming. I prefer Boss faming from D2 than fightning against fuking clock. Call it nostalgia if you want, but D3 endgame is shiit and become boring 1 week after season start.

I missed out on making real muneh. B(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    The RMAH definitely gave purpose to farming, it's really sad they completely let it go. I don't like when devs change their stance based on reddit whining. God tier rolls would still sell in todays game as well as gems etc.
    Absolutly rigth. On top of giving the game some decent end purpose after players finish it, the A.H. would also bring blizzard some revenue (all transactions blizz would take a cut ), enough to keep the game going and being further developed. I actually think it's just a matter of time until the game will end up dying, because there is no revenue stream the way it is now, and keeping up servers running has costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kainpt View Post
    Absolutly rigth. On top of giving the game some decent end purpose after players finish it, the A.H. would also bring blizzard some revenue (all transactions blizz would take a cut ), enough to keep the game going and being further developed. I actually think it's just a matter of time until the game will end up dying, because there is no revenue stream the way it is now, and keeping up servers running has costs.
    They still have d2 servers running, and there's no revenue stream there either.
    D3 will be running for many years to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made an enourmous amount of gold just buying simpler gems, combining them to a higher form, and then selling the fixed form.

Sadly, was never able to sell enough topaz's to get the star achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.