Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because you add your own music and a fade out to nerd screams for an instructional video...?

Not completely doubting the story but the video was edited to a small extent.
    Well they would have an edited video ready to go, so if they were going to show one other guild why would they upload a clean video with no editing...

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    show me a single content before Legion which has required hardcore preparation >=2 months before the real progress has started? This is usually the preparation time required for 2 full xpacs together and we have three of them now in only one xpac. gg blizz.
    When ToC launched we knew limited attempts will be thing. So hardcore raiders were "forced" to level, farm rep and gear at least 4 another characters so you could get 5 different raid IDs for limited bosses. Thats 5 ulduar and ToC clears per week but wait, no one actually did that... so hardcore raiders are making problem of their own.
    Imagine if top raiders did what I just listed during WotLK, people here would have gone crazy: "is this what raiding is nowadays?"
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2017-02-14 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Viewing something is participating in it
    Reading about something on a forum is participating in it.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    When ToC launched we knew limited attempts will be thing. So hardcore raiders were "forced" to level, farm rep and gear at least 4 another characters so you could get 5 different raid IDs for limited bosses. Thats 5 ulduar and ToC clears per week but wait, no one actually did that... so hardcore raiders are making problem of their own.
    Imagine if top raiders did what I just listed during WotLK, people here would have gone crazy: "is this what raiding is nowadays?"
    Get your facts straight, top guilds were running at least 3 raids to have more attemps during ICC and I bet some were already ready for ToC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    Get your facts straight, top guilds were running at least 3 raids to have more attemps during ICC and I bet some were already ready for ToC.
    It was more trying boss on alts to learn the fight than splitting gear.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You couldn't split gear before Dragon Soul raid in Cataclysm. So before that, running with alts would be pointless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerathul View Post
    You couldn't split gear before Dragon Soul raid in Cataclysm. So before that, running with alts would be pointless.
    You couldn't split gear but you still leveled and equiped at least 3 alts for limited attempts in bosses. You also funneled gear to players, since you filled the raid with alts and just master loot the items to mains. ICC progress ended quite fast, for example, untill you reached Arthas that only took that long because of those limited attempts.
    In the progression guild I was in back in WotlK we ran a main character and two alts(same class) decently geared just to completely mechanize the fight. You turned the 50 attempts to 150 per week.

Was WotlK as much effort as legion? Hell no. WotlK was one of the most boring expansions where you had nothing to do and very "accesible". Leveling alts and equipping them was easy because you had a lot of spare time.
    How about TBC? Well TBC wasn't hard to equip alts, it was very painful to level them up. In the guild I was in, which cleared the expansion, we never really had any alt gameplay untill Black Temple and Sunwell, where we did equip alts just to masterloot items to mains.
    Vanilla? There was no gear funnel gameplay, it wasn't widespread. Probably some guilds did it? Not mine at least. Information was limited on what guilds did back then. You were only worried about the race in your server.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-02-14 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Why couldn't you?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Why couldn't you?
    If you cleared a normal or heroic raid before DS you had that ID and couldn't join any other raids for that dungeon.

For example, I cleared normal and heroic Firelands on my main, I couldn't join a ''boost'' run for normal and heroic Firelands on my main.

Deleted
    If you cleared a normal or heroic raid before DS you had that ID and couldn't join any other raids for that dungeon.

For example, I cleared normal and heroic Firelands on my main, I couldn't join a ''boost'' run for normal and heroic Firelands on my main.
    But you don't run a raid right now multiple times on a single char as it reduces the amount of loot that drops.

You absolutely could split loot in FL even with old lockout system.

Part of me kinda wish they would bring that back for heroic and mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    (someone from?) For Scratch did posted their Mythic Gul'dan Video.

Either way, Real asshole move.
    A taste of their own medicine then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you could.
    50% alts, 50% mains clear normal
    Everyone relogs
    50% mains, 50% alts clear normal

Bam, split clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragnance View Post
    Offended
    Hahahhahaha +1

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    But you don't run a raid right now multiple times on a single char as it reduces the amount of loot that drops.

You absolutely could split loot in FL even with old lockout system.
    I actually kind of remember Paragon doing something like this for FL even, but I'm not sure.

Certainly used alts for ICC.

Deleted
    Somehow account sharing is totally accepted in the hardcore raiding scene but people releasing kill videos is not.

Where can I read the rulebook of Hardcore Raiding 101? Are there other random rules as these one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Yeah you could.
    50% alts, 50% mains clear normal
    Everyone relogs
    50% mains, 50% alts clear normal

Bam, split clear.
    Precisely, no idea what he's talking about, you absolutely could. You couldn't split clear after 1 week as they shared lockout but Heroic released a week later than normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlegolas View Post
    Except difficulties shared lockout.
    Heroic released a week after normal, you could ABSOLUTELY split the first week.

15+ Year Old Account
    The first raid tier where it would have been effective was Black Temple/Mount Hyjal farm. I don't think there was enough time before that.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-02-14 at 11:47 AM.

To be honest I'd much prefer it as it was "back in the days", one lockout (both loot and raid progress) across all difficulties and the ability to just switch difficulty while in the raid. I understand that pugs would be a bit screwed over, but perhaps such a lockout ID could be triggered by mythic difficulty so that once a mythic boss has been killed in the raid everyone would be locked to that single raid ID, while loot lockout applies to all bosses regardless. The mythic pug scene isn't that large after all, and it'd save a lot of guilds the hassle of running split raids past the first week of a tier. Surely everyone wouldn't appreciate it but you can't always keep everyone happy and this thread is about the mythic race after all!