Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Mar-a-Lago country club restaurant. Of course, it costs 200k to become a member...but these people weren't expecting Trump and Abe to show up. http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/1...be-north-korea

I also remember 9/11 very clearly. GWB committed no sin while reading to those children. And the entire government was confused until HOURS later...it would have made no difference if he was in the WH at the time.
    They weren't expecting Trump and Abe to have a security briefing and meeting under romantic dell phone flashlight on the terrace. That's right, because doing something like that is fucking stupid.

Mar-a-Lago country club restaurant. Of course, it costs 200k to become a member...but these people weren't expecting Trump and Abe to show up. http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/1...be-north-korea

I also remember 9/11 very clearly. GWB committed no sin while reading to those children. And the entire government was confused until HOURS later...it would have made no difference if he was in the WH at the time.

I don't get it Skroe...the North Koreans test a weapon, does there really need to be an immediate and impulsive US response?
    Doesn't mean he can't just walk five minutes to get a briefing in a more secure environment that they should have set up for him there. Heck, just going to the restroom would have been better.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't get it Skroe...the North Koreans test a weapon, does there really need to be an immediate and impulsive US response?
    Theirs no theory of mutually assured destruction with the dprk. They are not rational actors in that sense of the word.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Should talk to the Israelis about that. I swear, their iron dome is all kinds of impressive.
    Iron Dome is a joint US-Israeli program. The US pays for it in part, and has access to the technology, but we're not buying it ourselves. It's too short a range and is smaller than even Patriot. That's because Iron Dome's mostly designed to incerpt the shop-class level ballistic missiles launched by Hamas and Hezbollah from Gaza and Lebanon respectively. For state-level threats (read: Iran), israel has Arrow 2 and Arrow 3 which is more comparable to THAAD. THAAD is an indpenedent system and a good deal more advanced than it.

The brute-force solution is to put THAAD and Aegis Ashore all along friendly-territories in the Pacific, and then expand Ground Based Midcourse Defense in Alaska (and maybe build it in Australia). There is going to need to be a comprehensive solution to all regimes of flight of a North Korean SLBM if it can be launched from almost anywhere.

It's a freaking stupid mess. Preventable though? I don't know about that. There is nothing to indicate there ever existed or exists an incentive big enough to get North Korea (or Iran) to permanently give up their programs. They view them as regime existence insurance. They're priceless to them.

Deleted
    I think it is pretty sad, that I have to defend my President for eating in a public restaurant. Our politics are so messed up at this point. If I were President, I would randomly show up at Applebee's and get some of that Sriracha Shrimp. Let the elites squirm that a President would dare stoop to our level...

No but he doesn't need to share our national secrets with patrons of his establishment, He could have excused himself I'm sure Abe would have understood .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You're really reaching to make something not normal and not okay for a President to do... Okay. Equating a $200,000 resort that is owned by the President as a vacation home, that hosted a private function for Abe, with going to Applebees and milling with us small people, is an absurdity.

Why aren't you asking your President to take his job seriously?
    I'm sorry. Mar-a-Lago was DESIGNED as a southern camp David. It was at one point even owned by the US government for that very role. Taking the Japanese PM out to dinner on the same compound is not an irresponsible use of the President's time. Policy Skroe. Stick to policy. Also, we should sell Camp David.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkconas View Post
    No but he doesn't need to share our national secrets with patrons of his establishment, He could have excused himself I'm sure Abe would have understood .
    Trump didn't. If you have evidence to the contrary I would love to see it. The only evidence I have is some country club member who happened to be there, posted some pics on FB, said he couldn't hear anything, and deleted his profile because of the drama.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-02-14 at 12:19 PM.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry. Mar-a-Lago was DESIGNED as a southern camp David. It was at one point even owned by the US government for that very role. Taking the Japanese PM out to dinner on the same compound is not an irresponsible use of the President's time. Policy Skroe. Stick to policy.
    And you are missing the point.

The point was that the POTUS ought to not take national security briefings in public. He ought to excuse himself then take them.
    In this specific case the POTUS and the Prime Minister of Japan could take them jointly, as Japan is absolutely involved here, but it should absolutely fucking not be at their dinner table with people taking pictures.

I'm sorry. Mar-a-Lago was DESIGNED as a southern camp David. It was at one point even owned by the US government for that very role. Taking the Japanese PM out to dinner on the same compound is not an irresponsible use of the President's time. Policy Skroe. Stick to policy.
    Taking the Pm out to dinner is absolutely fine.

Viewing classified Documents in public vehicle in the midst of a security situation, lit by cellphone light, is an un-Presidential, potentially dangerous absurdity.

He should have left the room, period. It's indicative of his Administration's larger dysfunction and unprofessionalism.

So can regular citizens pay a fee and enjoy a roaring good time at Camp David while the president is there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    Did you make this? This deserves to go viral.

7+ Year Old Account
    Flynn was a dead man walking since his son was kicked off the transition team. I was wondering when he'd fall, came a lot sooner then I expected.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Deleted
    Did you make this? This deserves to go viral.

Yes and thanks :3 HA !

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post

Yes and thanks :3 HA !
    lmao I love it

I'm sorry. Mar-a-Lago was DESIGNED as a southern camp David. It was at one point even owned by the US government for that very role. Taking the Japanese PM out to dinner on the same compound is not an irresponsible use of the President's time. Policy Skroe. Stick to policy. Also, we should sell Camp David.

Trump didn't. If you have evidence to the contrary I would love to see it. The only evidence I have is some country club member who happened to be there, posted some pics on FB, said he couldn't hear anything, and deleted his profile because of the drama.
    Taking someone out to dinner is not irresponsible, having a national security briefing in front of the public IS irresponsible.

You are trying to deflect from the actual issue... by throwing down the victim card. It's pitiful. Nobody has a problem with him eating dinner, nobody. People have a problem with conducting national security business like a group of high schoolers plan a pep rally. He literally has a SCIF within 100 years, that he could take such business to. They were using cell phones to light up classified documents. That is likely a bigger security violation than they accused Hillary of perpetrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking the Pm out to dinner is absolutely fine.

Viewing classified Documents in public vehicle in the midst of a security situation, lit by cellphone light, is an un-Presidential, potentially dangerous absurdity.

He should have left the room, period. It's indicative of his Administration's larger dysfunction and unprofessionalism.
    You assume that he was being shown classified information at that point. For all you know is it was a note from Steve Bannon that said "North Korea is up to something. Text me."

At any rate, I find nothing here that even so much as tingles my coldwar kid nerves. This is politics, and I don't like seeing the politicalization of national security. North Korea does stupid stuff 24/7 365. And when North Korea finally goes away, there will be other another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Taking someone out to dinner is not irresponsible, having a national security briefing in front of the public IS irresponsible.

You are trying to deflect from the actual issue... by throwing down the victim card. It's pitiful. Nobody has a problem with him eating dinner, nobody. People have a problem with conducting national security business like a group of high schoolers plan a pep rally. He literally has a SCIF within 100 years, that he could take such business to. They were using cell phones to light up classified documents. That is likely a bigger security violation than they accused Hillary of perpetrating.
    Again, this could be sent as a signal to North Korea "like...so what?" Instead we have to present this image of the US being led by an incompetent. It doesn't really matter, but I am disturbed by the idea of so many people thinking Trump isn't taking N Korea's saber rattling seriously enough. Seriously...that country is useless. It isn't even a nation, and barely a country.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-02-14 at 12:35 PM.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

You assume that he was being shown classified information at that point. For all you know is it was a note from Steve Bannon that said "North Korea is up to something. Text me."
    If you look at one of the pictures you can see them using a cell phone flash light to illuminate something maybe it was the menu right ? And I wonder why his cabinet was there surrounding him they must been going for one Trumps famous selfies ?

Flynn is the first domino if he ends up facing any criminal charges (which I doubt) he would spill the entire truth. Pence would shortly go down after right along with Bannon. Unfortunately the American people were stupid enough to give one party complete control so the executive branch is basically unchecked right now.

At any rate, I find nothing here that even so much as tingles my coldwar kid nerves. This is politics, and I don't like seeing the politicalization of national security. North Korea does stupid stuff 24/7 365. And when North Korea finally goes away, there will be other another problem.

Again, this could be sent as a signal to North Korea "like...so what?" Instead we have to present this image of the US being led by an incompetent. It doesn't really matter, but I am disturbed by the idea of so many people thinking Trump isn't taking N Korea's saber rattling seriously enough. Seriously...that country is useless. It isn't even a nation, and barely a country.
    I don't think Trump takes much of anything seriously, much less in a competent manner.

You have been railing on and on about them having dinner, as if that was the issue. It was never the issue. The issue was the handling of a security brief and classified information. And if Trump wants to say that nothing was classified, then he should release the audio of the meeting, as well as all the documents they had out.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Flynn is the first domino if he ends up facing any criminal charges (which I doubt) he would spill the entire truth. Pence would shortly go down after right along with Bannon. Unfortunately the American people were stupid enough to give one party complete control so the executive branch is basically unchecked right now.
    I doubt about Pence. I pretty much see him as the straight man of the bunch. He's in because they needed some party support.

Also including him gave the GOP some hope that he could rein Trump in.