Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    So transgender bathrooms are thing now? lol
    Bathrooms are a thing now, and have been for many years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I have no issue with what people do in their private lives but if I have my daughter going to the bathroom and some man walks in claiming to be a women, it can cause some confusion at the least and fright at the worst. Again, this isn't an issue I as an adult care about, if someone wants to live out their feelings of being another sex, go for it. The issue arrises when it is now forced on everyone else, and everyone else is forced to deal with it.

I am sure we will find a solution to these issues in time, however just openly saying that a man should be able to use the women bathroom is not the solution and people need to slow down.
    Ironically, the bathroom laws actually force that exact scenario to occur. It literally created the problem they swore to prevent. I love irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with what people do in their private lives but if I have my daughter going to the bathroom and some man walks in claiming to be a women, it can cause some confusion at the least and fright at the worst. Again, this isn't an issue I as an adult care about, if someone wants to live out their feelings of being another sex, go for it. The issue arrises when it is now forced on everyone else, and everyone else is forced to deal with it.

I am sure we will find a solution to these issues in time, however just openly saying that a man should be able to use the women bathroom is not the solution and people need to slow down.
    Perhaps the big problem here is how people assume paedophiles will go out of their way and dress as woman to be able to take a peak at little girls.

First, most predators aren't brilliant enough to do that. Secondly, these people are deranged, to dress as woman simply to spy on underaged children. That's another issue entirely.

But that's not the worst. The worst is to assume that somehow a bathroom is making your child more vulnerable. We're speaking of public bathroom -- if you let your child alone in a public bathroom you're irresponsible in the first place! Not just that, but on top of this, these places may be public, but they are made of stalls. You have privacy.

The amount of effort, risk and odds is absurd for a paedophile to go in a women's bathroom with a disguise and then proceed to sneakily throw glances at a child without getting caught and beaten.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    tr*nsgender bathrooms? what a waste of fucking space

if anything they should put them in mental hospitals where all the tr*nsgender "people" belong

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-02-14 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Bathrooms are a thing now, and have been for many years.
    Was talking about transgender bathrooms, which are kinda useless.

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    tr*nsgender bathrooms? what a waste of fucking space
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Perhaps the big problem here is how people assume paedophiles will go out of their way and dress as woman to be able to take a peak at little girls.

First, most predators aren't brilliant enough to do that. Secondly, these people are deranged, to dress as woman simply to spy on underaged children. That's another issue entirely.

But that's not the worst. The worst is to assume that somehow a bathroom is making your child more vulnerable. We're speaking of public bathroom -- if you let your child alone in a public bathroom you're irresponsible in the first place! Not just that, but on top of this, these places may be public, but they are made of stalls. You have privacy.

The amount of effort, risk and odds is absurd for a paedophile to go in a women's bathroom with a disguise and then proceed to sneakily throw glances at a child without getting caught and beaten.
    I wasn't even going at it from that angle in this case, although I have heard it thrown out there. My point was more to the fact that someone else's gender confusion is impacting my daughters and forcing me to deal with it. No thought seems to be given to those that would have to experience this. The other thing is, does someone need to worry when they see a man in the womens bathroom or do they just assume they are transgender and safe? Long shot, sure, but a valid point non-the-less.

I understand the world is changing, perhaps I don't agree with all of it, but I understand it. I am conservative libertarian and truly just want government out of the way, however I also understand that we all have rights, feelings and emotions, not just the minority classes, therefore we need to see and understand the situation from all sides.

Exactly.
    Using a quote from a guy literally named "troll" to validade your point doesn't really make it all that appealing. Just sayin

Exactly.
    Transgender bathrooms are useless. Let people go into whatever bathroom they want, problem solved. Hell, there's no reason to even have two bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Caifas View Post
    Using a quote from a guy literally named "troll" to validade your point doesn't really make it all that appealing. Just sayin
    But he has a point, while having transgender bathroom hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Transgender bathrooms are useless. Let people go into whatever bathroom they want, problem solved. Hell, there's no reason to even have two bathrooms.
    Two bathrooms are okay, because there are two genders.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-02-14 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Only partly explained by external factors. The other part is that corrective surgery obviously doesn't solve the issue. The confusion and anxiety don't just go away when changing outward gender, because the problem lies with the image of self, the reason it's the same kind of disorder as anorexia.
    I'm not sure image of self (i.e.: "I'm disgusting and fat, look at all that fat hanging off of me, I'm such an ugly fat person.") is the same thing as self-identity dissonance (i.e.: "That person in the mirror isn't me. I'm not a man/woman, I'm the other.").

Unlike with body dysmorphia and anorexia where any amount of change doesn't remove the underlying image issue, people who simply look in the mirror and see the wrong gender very well can fix the problem by corrective surgery, hormone therapy, and lifestyle training. They may not be happy with how attractive of a woman/man they become, but you're erroneously suggesting that correcting what they view as being mis-gendered won't correct the identity issue.

I'm not sure who told you or where you read that they're the same, but I and I'm sure many others would disagree with this simplistic and obviously flawed comparison. There are very few things in life that are black-and-white, and thinking that you've read a sentence that is the panacea of explanation for any image/identity dysequilibrium is... well, why would you choose to do something so obviously narrow-minded.

Like reading a book somewhere that suggests being gay is the same as pedophilia because they both involve alteration in sexual attraction; obviously flawed and bandying it about like a truth would be offensive to some (many) people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Actually, SRS significantly reduces the risk of suicide caused by gender dysphoria. It factually is a relatively effective treatment to it. Yes, it doesn't lower the suicide rate to the levels of a comparable control group of the general population, or even reduces it to zero - but that is still an improvement.
    Furthermore, external factors play indeed a very big role in this matter, as the suicide rate is considerably higher in environments that prove to be unaccepting/hostile.

With Anorexia, this is not the case. Plus, Anorexia is inherently deadly due to it's nature, so it is a not so good comparison to begin with. If you allow people with Anorexia "to be themselves" and express themselves in a way they feel like is right, they will die. Which is the primary reason why we are pushing for changing people's behaviour in that regard to begin with; not because we don't want them to look thin.
    This. They are not the same, regardless of what opinion 'science' or philosophy text you recently read, Fojos. Literally the only similarity is that they see someone different in the mirror compared with a list miles long of differences. You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but to think you've discovered the answer simply because you stumbled across an analogy that you liked is probably not the way to go.

Begs the question: Why is this obviously inaccurate and flawed explanation the one that you latched onto as truth? Would suggest that for some reason you feel an intrinsic desire to view transgendered people as diseased, suicidal, and unhappy. Of all the possible explanations or just things to read about being transgendered, the one thing that stuck with you is the myopic suggestion that they're sick.

Why do you suppose that might be?
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-02-14 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They get swamped by all the threads about how Trump shaking hands proves he is Hitler, or some other such nonsense, so I am not convinced.

In order of triggered, from most to least I would say it goes: Anti-Trump > Pro-Trump > Sane people
    I'd say Pro-Trump > Anti-Trump > Sane people, so at least we're in agreement about the last part

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I'd say Pro-Trump > Anti-Trump > Sane people, so at least we're in agreement about the last part
    I don't really see pro-Trump people going around protesting everything and often nothing in particular, or any of the other somewhat deranged lunacy shown by the anti-Trump lot, they seem more interested in telling everyone they won. Constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't even going at it from that angle in this case, although I have heard it thrown out there. My point was more to the fact that someone else's gender confusion is impacting my daughters and forcing me to deal with it. No thought seems to be given to those that would have to experience this. The other thing is, does someone need to worry when they see a man in the womens bathroom or do they just assume they are transgender and safe? Long shot, sure, but a valid point non-the-less.

I understand the world is changing, perhaps I don't agree with all of it, but I understand it. I am conservative libertarian and truly just want government out of the way, however I also understand that we all have rights, feelings and emotions, not just the minority classes, therefore we need to see and understand the situation from all sides.
    I am curious, however. You say that this impact your daugther and forcing you to deal with it.

To me, it seems that it shouldn't have any impact on your daughter, so I am really interested in what makes you feel this way. Perhaps that will help me understand your point of view a little better.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Why should we normalize a condition similar to anorexia (yes, even after surgery transgender people are 20 times more likely to commit suicide)?
    Wrong. That meme comes from misinterpreting a Swedish study that compared transgender suicide rates to the over population but did actually not distinguish between pre and post op.

Transgender suicides mainly stem from shitty societal treatment and discrimination.

At some point we all come across someone or something different and have to process where we are in relation to that thing. That's what happens as you grow up.

One day she'll see a black person, or meet a lesbian, or talk to a disheveled homeless person and will have to think about and process where she is on those spectra. That doesn't mean she's been damaged by a transgendered person, it means her horizons are expanding. I don't think many parents would want their children to grow up in a perfectly guarded bubble of alternate facts and come out on the other side completely unable to function as a person. And I think it's a good thing that she's open enough to feel like she can talk to you about it. Give her a bit more credit than to think that she's been damaged by the suggestion of transgendered people.

The more you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I don't really see pro-Trump people going around protesting everything and often nothing in particular, or any of the other somewhat deranged lunacy shown by the anti-Trump lot, they seem more interested in telling everyone they won. Constantly.
    No but I constantly see them outraged and triggered about some feminist video blog, swedish government officials wearing hijabs while visiting Iran, someone talking about more than 2 genders. Then the people who complain about the triggered left cry judgement day and shit their pants.

Who cares though?

One bathroom is OK, because there is one species.

There should just be one big bathroom, no urinals, just stalls. 10 stalls per bathroom. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    No but I constantly see them outraged and triggered about some feminist video blog, swedish government officials wearing hijabs while visiting Iran, someone talking about more than 2 genders. Then the people who complain about the triggered left cry judgement day and shit their pants.
    Lets be sure to distinguish the difference between (making a thread about something, to discuss it) and (screaming in the middle of the street, blocking roads, etc) ... Not sure how the former is outrage, or being triggered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    There should just be one big bathroom, no urinals, just stalls. 10 stalls per bathroom. The end.
    I believe urinals save water though, so not a terrible use a space.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Lets be sure to distinguish the difference between (making a thread about something, to discuss it) and (screaming in the middle of the street, blocking roads, etc) ... Not sure how the former is outrage, or being triggered.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe urinals save water though, so not a terrible use a space.
    If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down.