10+ Year Old Account
    There are always teams that could use receivers if they're cheap enough, the Rams, the Titans, the Chargers 2 weeks into the season when everybody is on IR.

- - - Updated - - -

...then again I'm looking at the list of free agent receivers and he's pretty far down it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There are always teams that could use receivers if they're cheap enough, the Rams, the Titans, the Chargers 2 weeks into the season when everybody is on IR.

- - - Updated - - -

...then again I'm looking at the list of free agent receivers and he's pretty far down it
    You weren't kidding. Looking at the Spotrac list, even in a best case scenario, I'd still take at least 9 receivers on that list ahead of him when given the choice.

Guess that's due to all the receiving talent that entered the league the past 3 years. Even good guys who are hitting 30 are getting phased out for younger talent.

I forgot Victor Cruz even existed, but I guess that happens when you have an injury then barely play. Wouldn't mind him going to Denver, even if he loses his limbs and has to roll around to move and catch the ball with his mouth he would be more useful than Jordan Norwood was as the slot receiver. That is assuming McCoy doesn't put Sanders or DT in the slot and the other one+Sunshine on the outside in 11 personnel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldon Smith being investigated for a domestic abuse call: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stic-incident/

No offense NG, but I've always been baffled by your optimism about this guy. He's never really done anything to make it seem like he had his head screwed on right.

If there's any truth to this report, I doubt we ever see him again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If true, one can hope sure. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he returned given the inconsistency of the NFL on discipline/punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Aldon Smith being investigated for a domestic abuse call: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stic-incident/

No offense NG, but I've always been baffled by your optimism about this guy. He's never really done anything to make it seem like he had his head screwed on right.

He has been the self-destructive type I'm amazed he has lasted as long as he has, still no information on this incident, hopefully for the sake of everyone involved it was minor, as the lack of arrests would suggest.

10+ Year Old Account

None taken, this could be another thing like the video of him smoking a blunt that never went anywhere. Still the lack of arrests could mean anything, TMZ seem to be guessing with absolutely nothing.

When there's something concrete on this, I'll comment further, till then it's a nothing story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sherman Smith (RB coach) is leaving, or being forced to leave the Seahawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster had rotator cuff surgery and will miss combines. Might hurt his draft location, pretty sure he was a mid-first before.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...en-hand-021317

Yeah, he's going to be a rather big plus for any team with an RB need. I know RB is deep already, but to do as well as he did WITH A BROKEN HAND?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    He has been the self-destructive type I'm amazed he has lasted as long as he has
    I'm not. On a good day, he had Watt level disruptiveness. I guess, it's too tempting for front office, player's representatives, maybe coaches to believe if they fix his head they struck a gold mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    I'm not. On a good day, he had Watt level disruptiveness. I guess, it's too tempting for front office, player's representatives, maybe coaches to believe if they fix his head they struck a gold mine.
    Also helps that so far his actions have always been more boneheaded than malicious. It still gets you suspended, but it at least makes you employable afterwards, unlike the Hardy's of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its offical! Saving for my america trip! Hoping to be there end of this year/early next! Will definietly attend a game!

Also a good thing that my 21st bday present was my parents paying for return airfare tickets!

Just gotta figure out where i wanna go. So many places!
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-02-14 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Its offical. Saving for my america trip. Hoping to be there end of this year/early next! Will definietly attend a game!

Also a good thing that my 21st bday present was my parents paying for return airfare tickets!

Just gotta figure out where i wanna go. So many places!
    Cool (and gratz on your b-day)

Most fun thing apart from the actual trip is probably figuring out where to go and what to do, so good luck with that!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the full schedule will be released in early/mid April, so that's when you can really get the details on which game you can see where. I'd definitely hold off finalizing anything till then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool (and gratz on your b-day)

Most fun thing apart from the actual trip is probably figuring out where to go and what to do, so good luck with that!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the full schedule will be released in early/mid April, so that's when you can really get the details on which game you can see where. I'd definitely hold off finalizing anything till then.
    Oh for sure! I just finally have an oppurtunity to save! (Bday was in August though :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    We can try and give some useful tips when you get closer to the day and are planning it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news for the Seahawks. They got a warning over the Sherman knee injury stuff, but nothing else. If anything further happens this will be taken into account though. https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...75365835448320

If you read those tweets it seems like the Seahawks won some kind of argument where they said any days Sherman had off were just general veteran rest days, and not specific days off cause of injury.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and as I was just reminded, starting tomorrow players can be franchise tagged. I doubt there will be much movement in that regard on the first day, but it's a possibility going forward till the 1st of March, which is likely when most of them get filed.

Deleted
    Also helps that so far his actions have always been more boneheaded than malicious. It still gets you suspended, but it at least makes you employable afterwards, unlike the Hardy's of the world.
    Exactly, that adds to it as well. A fake bomb threat at an airport is mindboggingly stupid, but it's not beating up a woman or your kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea that's why I referred to him as being self-destructive.

- - - Updated - - -

Robert Meachem is in jail for owing $400k in alimony payments. Bummer that he has hit the financial skids like many other athletes who put their trust in the wrong people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9qhEZEN_6s

He made one of my fav NFL plays, helped preserve the unbeaten season and keep a better record than the Vikings and ensure home field throughout.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much works how I figured, but still interesting if you haven't seen that.